[OBSOLETE] Visonic Powermax Alarm

Ok, I took out a bit of code that sets the status (open closed active inactive) when filling in the tiles I the alarm panel device, relying on teach zone to eventually update with the correct info. I’ll add it back as it will help with troubleshooting. That said, I’ve no idea why the names aren’t working as I’ve tested it on a few devices with no problems. Will have another look this weekend and let you know.

Thanks for the input. I assume getzonenames still works fine from the Wemos webpage? If so perhaps it is another ST problem causing the strange behaviour (my app has been quite laggy recently so perhaps connected)

Yes it still works in the Wemos Webpage.

I tried rebooting (unplugged power and took out the batteries) my ST hub and that didn’t change anything.

At least I can Arm and Disarm from my phone now. That is all I really want to be able to do. I would like to figure out how to make all of my Smartthings lights turn on and activate my Dome Siren when the alarm is triggered, but that isn’t a big deal.

Thanks for all of your work.

@cjcharles I have most of my sensors working again after reinstalling the new DH and updating line 552 ( case [“Motion”]: //, “Wired”]:slight_smile: to exclude hardwired zones. I don’t have anymore exception in the ST log that I was getting for every sensor refresh.

I still have trouble with one of my motion sensors for which I am not getting any messages, it does not seem to be a ST problem, Running a getStatus directly, I cannot see any “lastEvent”, “lastEventAge”.Maybe I always had the issue and only noticed it now because with the new DH, the default status is “Motion”.

I woke this morning and all of my Zones are populated in the Visonic Smartthings App. I can Arm and Disarm from my phone. It all works now. The only issue remaining is the status icon not changing without hitting the Refresh button. The Status Text under the big DISARMED picture does change in real-time when I arm and disarm and even when the Alarm system goes from Exit delay to armed.:grin:

The Status of all Child Devices shows Inactive in the Visonic app and in Smartthings under Things they all show OPEN or MOTION. I did a Walk Test (which fixed this before) and still all door/window and motion sensors are stuck. The status on each zone doesn’t change either.

I don’t have any Wired Zones. How do I comment out Line 552? Do I put // in front of “case”

Sorry, Im only just catching up on this. Thanks for your responses and sorry about the challenges! I think both of you are having problems with the Wired sensors which I kind of ignored before, but think it is worthwhile trying to include them.

In the getzonenames page I assume you both see the wired zones there? In that case it seems the Powermax+ is the only panel which shows wired zones by default (even when nothing is connected). The quick fix is changing line 552 to case [“Motion”]: instead of case [“Motion”, “Wired”]: but I will see if I can find anything else that can be done!

Thanks

Thanks. I changed line 552 as you suggested. I don’t use the wired zones. It is kind of annoying that the Powermax+ doesn’t allow you to disable Zone 29 & 30 on the alarm panel if you don’t need them.

It took about two hours for all of the sensors to show up in Things, but all of the Zones are displaying Open or Closed now both in Things and in the Visonic Alarm device. The Wired Zones are not being displayed. Thanks! :+1:

I just bought the kit with the arduino for my US powermax pro. Since the installation, the alarm has stopped detecting some zones. Wemos can sometimes arm (but not disarm), but not always. It also cannot read the zones.

Any advice on what I should do? Looks like others were having similar issues, so hopefully someone figured out a solution.

Can you give a bit more information about what you’re seeing.
When you say Wemos sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, what happens in between? Would the Wemos have been restarted or something in that case? Bar in mind it can take a while to get fully enrolled in the Powermax.
Is it far away zones only that stop working?
How many zones do you have and what is the maximum distance roughly (thigh walls? )
How are you powering the Wemos and Arduino? Where are the cables connected to the alarm (mainly interested in power and ground) and are you using the ones in the package?
Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I have not restarted the Wemos. It is getting power from powermax pro panel. There is nothing that happens in between. Sometimes when I click on arm or instant arm through the local website, it works. At other times, clicking on it does nothing. Wemos has been connected for a couple of days now, so timing shouldn’t be the issue.

I have 5 door sensors, one motion sensor and one wireless keypad. Some of the sensors have since started giving inactivity errors. The wireless keypad also often freezes, saying its trying to communicate with the panel. The 2 nearest sensors are working fine, although the issue did not start with the sensor furthest away. The furthest sensor is about 25-30 feet away with a few walls in between.

Should I reset the panel or re-enroll all the sensors? I haven’t reset yet since some of the folks mentioned the panel did not detect the wemos after a reset.

I will send you a picture of my connections later today. I used the cables included in the package, and am using the connections you suggested on your github page.

Thanks

How very strange, hopefully the photos will give some clues (feel free to pm them to start with if useful), as I’ve not had the Wemos selectively not send the commands before, it normally works or it doesn’t. Maybe give the Wemos a restart too and see if that fixes things (either the button, or go to ip-address/reboot or restart or reset I can’t remember which off the top of my head, but possibly they all work). After leaving it for about 5 mins, can you then send me the contents of the ip-address/status page please (can block out the pin code).
Thanks

Don’t think I have enough posts to send you a PM, so posting here.

Turns out I was wrong about some of the zones not working. I just hadn’t tested the other zones. None of the zones are working. Just did a walk test and they all say Not-OK.

Pics of power connections attached. The text on the status page is below (didn’t see any PIN code to block)

{“stat”:13,
“stat_str”:“Not Ready”,
“lastCom”:1007,
“panelType”:-1,
“panelTypeStr”:“16”,
“panelModelType”:0,
“alarmState”:0,
“alarmStateStr”:“None”,
“alarmTrippedZones”:,
“flags”:0,
“flags_ready”:false,
“flags_alertInMemory”:false,
“flags_trouble”:false,
“flags_bypasOn”:false,
“flags_last10sec”:false,
“flags_zoneEvent”:false,
“flags_armDisarmEvent”:false,
“flags_alarmEvent”:false,
“enroled_zones”:}

Power to Arduino

Going to need some more photos please, of the Wemos connections and the Powermax connections too. Make sure the wires don’t touch the antennas in the Powermax, and stay away from them if possible.
The Wemos is not enrolled at all which explains why nothing is working, you might need to go back to instructions and do some testing from the webpage in order to get it to enrol (the status page should say disarmed/armed away/armed home)

Hi @cjcharles
I think I’m going to join the powermax party!
Little confused about which model to buy. You mentioned the complete is the best all rounder, but which one? Both of these are advertised as complete:

https://map-security.com/visonic-new-powermax-complete-kit-with-built-in-proximity-reader-and-pet-friendly-pirs.html

http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/PowerMaxComplete

Adding more pictures of all the wiring. I alarm started working fine when I disconnected the wemos and arduino.

The wemos is still not enrolling. Status snapshot below. Should the enrollment happen automatically, or am I supposed to do something in the menu? I did not see an option to enroll powerlink (as your instructions stated).

{“stat”:13,
“stat_str”:“Not Ready”,
“lastCom”:0,
“alarmTrippedZones”:,
“flags”:0,
“flags_ready”:false,
“flags_zoneEvent”:false,
“enroled_zones”:}

Wemos

Arduino

Slide3

@kichi The good news is I think you have the Arduino in the wrong place, hence why it is not pairing, and also potentially why it may be causing problems for the Powermax. The Arduino should go between Powermax TX and Wemos RX - hence Powermax TX to Arduino RX, Arduino TX to Wemos RX, and Wemos TX to Powermax RX. Try that and let’s go from there.

@mikejclark Cool! I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it, I was so annoyed when their smart stuff got disabled, hence very pleased that I managed to get this project so far!
I expect those two panels are the same, though MAP are just selling a more recent version of it (Visonic are out of date on any information they ever provide!).
The complete is probably still the best version for the money, but unless you need RFID tags (which you probably don’t if you are automating some actions, and have a separate keypad so the Powermax can hide out of sight) then actually the Express may save you a bit of cash (it’s fairly new to the UK market from what I can tell).

1 Like

Thanks @cjcharles. My bad. Not sure how I messed that up. I changed the connections and the zones are being detected now. I don’t think powermax is enrolling though. I can arm through the website, but not disarm. And even after I arm the alarm, the status still shows disarmed.

Here is the current status when disarmed.

{“stat”:0,
“stat_str”:“Disarmed”,
“lastCom”:0,
“alarmTrippedZones”:[],
“flags”:33,
“flags_ready”:true,
“flags_zoneEvent”:true,
“enroled_zones”:[]}

Yup, so comms is probably working now, maybe try restarting the Wemos, waiting 5 mins and then trying again if still not enrolled, that should do it.