[OBSOLETE] Visonic Powermax Alarm

I’ve been away for the weekend so can only just respond. It sounds like all is good now?

I need to sort out the relay module part for you, and will actually need to change a few lines of code to support it, given it is active high rather than active low (China sent me the wrong ones and I’ve only just added it into my website after a request to sell one). It will actually be a good change to include active high relay support, and will connect to a different pin on the Wemos, as for dual or single units I’m going to drop the mentions of dual relays as it just isn’t useful compared to the single one.

Notifications are best to configure through webcore or something like that, since that way you can auto create all sorts of rules in different situations.

no worries. thanks for replying and for all of your work on this. yes it seems to be all ok, although i’m not sure how much you’ve changed the firmware since that tweak in october.
no worries about the relay, i’ll install that whenever you get around to sorting it… are you saying you will need to send a new relay or just update the guide to use that one instead?

As for notifications, I’ve managed to successfully create stuff relating to the child devices (ie alert on door opening etc) but its just the alarm being set off … i’m still a little reluctant to set the alarm whilst not being 100% sure if it is going off (false or not).
Looking into setting up a webcore script but i’m not sure what the status of the alarm should be should it be going off… I’ve checked the live logs after triggering the alarm and I don’t see anything other than one of the motion sensors being violated or the door opening or whatnot. there doesn’t seem to be any notification through the wemos to the ST about the alarm actually being triggered.??

any ideas on this?

oh and is the voice/sound notifications on the alarm no longer working a “known thing”? is there any workaround? it used to be pretty useful with a toddler knocking about to know if they have opened a door. seeings as alexa is crud and doesnt allow you to use it as a “that” … i’m not sure how to replicate that part of things if it no longer works when using the wemos

I have found one person who had the voice commands not working on an old Powermax+, but never seen this with Powermax Complete (or in fact any other model). Especially as your alarm looks exactly the same as mine. If you disconnect the Wemos does it start working again?

yes just removed and made no difference. but ignore all that, i’ve just worked out that there is a ‘chime’ option which i must have in all my faffing about to get it fitted, disabled. i’ve got it working now!! :frowning: sorry. i’m dumb! thats what you get for rushing around on a system that i’ve not really looked at configuring since I bought it 5 years ago!

so, any pointers on the webcore to get visibility of the alarm being triggered? i tested tripping the alarm a few times this afternoon at the annoyance of my neighbours but i saw nothing in the logs and nothing changing in the status of the smartapp, so i’ve no idea how I could use it other than to create a rule which essentially emulates the circumstances of the alarm going off (ie if the alarm state is awayarmed and any of these sensors a flagged as ‘open’ then alert me. but that isn’t really telling me that the alarm IS going off if you know what i mean. is it something that i need the relay installed for?

This is on Github and this thread. You need webcore to look for the alarm state changing to both, that signifies alarm going off. The st classic app should show alarm aswell, not sure how you aren’t seeing that… Just beware that changing state and not letting it finish may fine no notification (e.g. Arming doesn’t change status until after exit timer has finished)

ah ok brilliant, I’ll test it all again tomorrow sometime and see how that gets on. pretty sure everything had completed in terms of exit timer when i set it off earlier, and i left it making a racket outside for about 15 seconds before i bailed and turned off. but nothing in livelogs or ST Classic.

just to confirm though, plugging wemos into the “IP” ports is correct? not the dual RS232? I guess by virtue of the fact that I’m seeing most things work as they should , that it must be correct. but just wanting to make sure :slight_smile:

If it’s not coming through to ST then let me know what the Wemos says in the webpage status page, maybe there is a funny setting somewhere about silent alarm or something…

Hi @oscar-b I’m having the same issue with crashes on ‘downloading’ it gets the status and for a short period of time gets all the passwords but isn’t enrolling the zones. I’ve got a powermaster 10. Did you find a solution?

Ive made some improvements while stuck travelling recently which improve the situation where it cannot enrol (some super old Powermax models and Powermaster). I did it in Notepad++ so need to get it to compile as it currently wont, but hopefully that will solve it for you.

Sorry, haven’t had the time to test the latest version yet, hopefully this weekend though!

Thanks @cjcharles I’ll give it a go when it’s ready and let you know how I get on.

Thanks @oscar-b I’m using the current version and unfortunately it has the same issue but @cjcharles has been working on a fix. I’ll post back once it’s available and I’ve had a chance to try it out.

Unfortunately it still crashes and stops communicating over MQTT after a period of time, usually a few ours or so. Remote reboot gets it running again.

@Fredrik_P @Richard_O_Neill1 @oscar-b @Pbathuk @sacredshapes

New debug firmware below which has improved MQTT reconnection process, plus improved performance when dealing with unenroled zone names, hence should be better for the Powermaster. I still need to implement some of the new settings code into the library to finish this update off, but I think this should work better as a middle ground so keen to test please…

EDIT: Link removed as now hosted on github

Hi @cjcharles thanks for the update. I’ve tried the new firmware but unfortunately it looks like it’s crashing during ‘download’ and stuck in a loop. It gets some of the the information. Passwords, firmware etc, but isn’t enrolling the zones.

Can you try avoiding pressing the status page. Just see if the get zone names page starts to show zone information for enrolled zones (after they have detected motion).

It looks like it might be recognising motion just not enrolling. These are the two message I get.

{“namedzonesenrolled”:0,
“maxzoneid”:31,
“zones”:[
]

{“namedzonesenrolled”:0,
“maxzoneid”:31,
“zones”:[
{“zoneid”:31,
“zonename”:“Unknown”,
“zonetype”:“Unknown”}
]}

Woo hoo. Just tried to arm the alarm and it worked. Thank you so much

Thanks @cjcharles, works fine for me. See tomorrow if that fixes the MQTT problem reported by @Fredrik_P as I have the same issue.