SmartThings Community

[Release] Virtual Presence Plus (presence controlled by a virtual switch)

Like the handler but is there any way to remove control from the SmartThings app? I’m controlling mine using webCoRE and would like to remove ability to switch between away and present in SmartThings app so it doesn’t accidentally get changed. @RobinWinbourne

Just remove the action from the button tile, change:

tiles {
		standardTile("button", "device.switch", width: 2, height: 2, canChangeIcon: false,  canChangeBackground: true) {
			state "off", label: 'Away', action: "switch.on", icon: "st.Kids.kid10", backgroundColor: "#ffffff", nextState: "on"
			state "on", label: 'Present', action: "switch.off", icon: "st.Kids.kid10", backgroundColor: "#53a7c0", nextState: "off"
		}

To:

tiles {
		standardTile("button", "device.switch", width: 2, height: 2, canChangeIcon: false,  canChangeBackground: true) {
			state "off", label: 'Away', icon: "st.Kids.kid10", backgroundColor: "#ffffff", nextState: "on"
			state "on", label: 'Present', icon: "st.Kids.kid10", backgroundColor: "#53a7c0", nextState: "off"
		}
1 Like

Works perfectly with IFTTT. My wifes phone never seemed to update when used as a presence sensor. Now I have this tied into my Deco system, and it works like a charm.

Nice work.

Does Mobile Presence Plus work with the new SmartThings? Where do I see it, add it?

My SHM arms when I leave. I use the app to the switch on when I have someone visit my house, like a handyman. Unfortunately my alarm still goes off, even though the presence sensor is on. Am I doing something wrong?

have you added the virtual presance to your “im home routine” or equivlent, to disarm your home

Yes indeed- just double checked it.