[OBSOLETE] Virtual Device Sync - Create Virtual Devices and Keep Them In Sync With a Physical Device

Probably the device handler isn’t compatible with the app. I wrote a handler for the Fibaro Double Switch 2 that uses the parent / child device format so this app isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Kum - How did it end up with your TKB dimmer switch? I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the right button to show up with no luck. Any tips, please?

Im using this for my TKB double relay wall switch TZ57. So far no issue

Would you be willing to share with us your handler?

I’d appreciate any advice as to the correct Device/Smartapp to use. Perhaps it’s this or the older version referred to at the top of this thread. I am using the Smartlife RGBW Controller (H801). I want to select a lead controller which the other controllers (total 4) will sync to. For example change the lead one to Red they all change to Red, Change the lead to a program, they all sync to the same program. Perhaps I’m hoping for too much but don’t really see (obviously) how this version does it as you cant select a lead device. Thanks for advice.

This app really isn’t meant for that. I think that @cjcharles modified the SmartLife firmware to keep multiple controllers in sync.

Ok, understood. Thanks for advice

Yup, update the firmware and you can select a slave ip address for each device, if you put them in a chain then they stay in sync well from a single master

I know Aqara switches are not officially supported, but I found your smartapp recommended in the thread for @simic 's Aqara wall switch DTH. I followed the steps as outlined, and I end up in this situation:

Wall Switch (the physical switch, toggles the left paddle)
Wall Switch - 1 (does nothing)
Wall Switch - 2 (toggles the right paddle)

Is this the expected result for Aqara wall switches (no neutral) or did I do something wrong?

You have to manually create one virtual switch before binding to wall switch 2 (right)

Thereafter u can call the virtual switch in your automations.

I modified some handlers for someone a while ago. Not sure if they are the same devices though:

3-gang:
https://pastebin.com/t4gRLxr5

2-gang:
https://pastebin.com/J5Mr0Psd

If nothing else you can see the specifics in how a device handler needs to be programmed to work with the app.

I have been using this awesome app for a couple of years now without issues. However, ST is no longer sending events to ActionTiles, I think…Is the the App and DTH posted at the top the most current version? Hard to tell since there are no versions listed in the App and DTH.

Thanks!

You might want to just wait and see if there is a SmartThings cloud issue. Or go through the SmartApp again and just hit “Save”.

I have an Enerwave Dual relay I’d like to control my whole house fan so I never want to turn the Parent Master on (only want one of the child relays on at once). Can I make the parent invisible or otherwise disable the ability to turn both children on at once? I’m assuming the fan motor doesn’t want both speeds energized at once…

If you comment out the code in the “on()” method of the device handler that should prevent the master on / off from working.

I have been using this for several years with my aeon smart strip and has worked great. The past few weeks it has not been keeping the virtual devices in sync (virtual switch shows light is on even though it is off)

Is there any way to force reset/refresh, or should I ‘remove virtual devices’ via SmartApp and recreate? If I remove, I think that will break my webCoRE pistons so hoping for better way.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, that is a tough one. It is really strange that it all the sudden started giving you problems. You might want to try rebooting your hub and the strip.

Yes, removing the virtual devices will make it so you have to redo any SmartApps that you have using them.

Hardware: 2018 V3 SmartThings Hub and Enerwave RSM2-Plus relays.
Firmware: Enerwave appears to be V5.12

Edit: Deleted post because of progress. on my end.

Could really use some help here.
Installed everything per the instructions.
I have the Enerwave relay plus attached to a double dimmer switch.
If I turn on via ST, it goes to full brightness, regardless of what I set the brightness to in the app.

Should I be able to dim from the app (there is dimmer control visible as I set it as a virtual dimmer)?

Hi !!
Today I have two SmartThings sensors - Multiporpuse and Motion.
If I ask to Alexa the temperature for each one, its answer me with no problem, but I would like create routines using this information or also show on Echo Show display.
I presume that I should be create a virtual sensor device to each one and keep them in sync with a physical device, is it right (not virtual switch)?

Could me show how to create this devices and sync them, please.
Thanks