[OBSOLETE] Virtual Device Sync - Create Virtual Devices and Keep Them In Sync With a Physical Device

I have a Fibaro 222 and wanted to use this App anyway after I installed both app and device handlers, I couldn’t find the Physical Device in the app… any suggestion please?

Which device handler are you using? Needs to have capability switch.

Hi @erocm1231 thanks for your reply, I use your device handler “Philio Pan04 Dual Relay Device Type modified for Relay Switch”

Sorry, so you are using the Philio Pan04 Device handler for the Fibaro 222? On top of that when you go to select a “Physical Switch” it doesn’t show up in the list of switches?

Unfortunately not, it only shows the Fibaro Relay in another app that is useless for me: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Pukkahq/SmartThings/master/Fibaro%20FGS-222%20APP

I am using an Enerwave RSM2 Dual Relay Switch.
I installed all 3 device types, and everything seems like it is working. However, when I use the physical switch to turn it on or off, it never registers in SmartThings.

I looked at the logging, and nothing shows up when I flip the physical switch. The lights turn on or off, but nothing in SmartThings.

Any ideas?

UPDATE
After further searching, I was able to find a post about updating the configure of the device handler

All is working now.

1 Like

Glad you got it working.

When I turn off one virtual energy switch, all the virtual energy switches are turned off in on the smartthings app, but the actual devices are still on. This just started about a week ago. Everything was working good until then.

I deleted everything and when I try to add everything back. There is no next button to create the virtual switch.

I’m sorry, I can’t replicate this issue. Are you on Android or iOS?

Hi there. This seems to be the smart app that can fix my problem but I am using a multi switch called ZHC5010 (living in Denmark) - Doesn’t looks like it is fully support or can be manipulated to do so.

Any fixes for that?

It doesn’t seem like that device is a good match for this SmartApp. From the manufacturer:

ZHC5010 is a new Z-Wave wall switch module with four buttons, four LEDs and contains one relay output for controlling a local load. The insert is designed to fit in to a standard LK FUGA® wall mount box (size one-module).

If it has a single relay, then this app really isn’t necessary. This app is for devices with multiple relays like those mentioned in the first post.

Hi Eric,

I figured that out. Hmm. OK then. Next question is that if there is another better suited app for turning that single relay off?

It is really strange that the functionality isn’t built into the device handler to turn the relay on & off. I would try posting in the forum thread for the device.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I was using the device handler. Thank you for your efforts.

I got this working for one device (Aeon SmartStrip). However, adding a 2nd of the same device and things seem to go haywire. Anyone run into this before and have any advice?

I’ve been using several instances of this SmartApp with a lot of devices for some time. Haven’t had any issues. What kind of stuff are you seeing?

I removed and re-added the second one a few times, and it finally started working. Not sure what the root issue was. Thanks!

@erocm1231 I’ve installed the Virtual Device app and device handlers to manage my Aeon Power Strip. In general it works great but I’ve also noticed some strange behavior. Sometimes when I switch on or off a couple of the virtual switches, the status on the other virtual switch and the strip itself will also change. For example, if I start with everything on then switch virtual switch 2 & 4 to off, the status for the strip and virtual switches 1 & 3 change to off but are physically still on. if I tap the strip or virtual 1 or 3 the status changes to the correct state, in this case on, nothing happens physically. If I tap the strip or virtual 1 or 3 again it will switch to off as expected. Have you see this behavior before, any ideas on how to fix? Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve seen this and it almost seems like an app bug. Are you using iOS or Android?