[Release] Vehicle Remote Start (SmartStart) Integration

Not a problem. Glad to help.

Nate do you still run 5 minute refresh rates? Any problems with this?

I left everything stock. It worked perfect for me as is.

Nate Hawkins

You can control the lock in new smartthings app using smart lock guest access.

How do I find smart lock guest access? What’s it listed under?

I think its a built in smartthings smart app. I’ve had it about as long as I can remember.

Aha, found it. Looked there but not deep enough. I had to add it to my list of Smart apps. Thanks man.

Hopefully someone can fix the presentation for the new app. They completely shut down the old app, on Android, which is slightly annoying. I have to go the ide now to see which webcore piston a device is in. I also am annoyed that i can’t manually force a change to a virtual presence sensor. You also can’t force a virtual switch off/on if it shows as off in the app anymore. I don’t understand why they took away so many features when they promised everything would work as it did in the old app.

I’m thrilled with the 550…i hardly need my key fob now. With sharp tools and quick tiles our phones are nearly as fast as the key fob is lol.

I cant figure that out (how to make new presentations). Im not giving up yet but Ive tried and tried, none of it works even in my simplest attempts (i have simple monitors for my hottubs chemicals, all custom) but i cant even get a single stat to load.

I think its made even more difficult that i might actually be hitting bugs/limitations that i dont know of because there isnt any good documentation on it. Compared to the IDE, its trying to find the lightswitch in a dark room you’ve never been in.

For some reason my status updates quit happening. It will still refresh every time properly but it’s not updating the status of the vehicle. Any ideas why this could be happening?

I get the following errors in the log but only when it’s trying to refresh status. It starts, stops, locks and unlocks properly.

838ae2bd-ab45-40a0-9a49-f45f301e4358 9:42:06 PM: error RemoteStart - Response has data: null

838ae2bd-ab45-40a0-9a49-f45f301e4358 9:42:06 PM: error RemoteStart - Response has error: Failed with status code 400

838ae2bd-ab45-40a0-9a49-f45f301e4358 9:41:56 PM: error RemoteStart - Response has data: null

838ae2bd-ab45-40a0-9a49-f45f301e4358 9:41:56 PM: error RemoteStart - Response has error: Failed with status code 400

Now I get no errors but the status doesn’t update. It attempts to update on schedule but only gives the power levels you have set in the code.

This all started after upgrading my DB3 and 4105P to a DS4 just plugged directly into the factory remote start. That shouldn’t matter though with this being the same DSM550.

It worked fine before that. I wonder if systems that have real time status reporting are having issues reporting correct status through this code. I’m not terribly worried about it as it does what it always has but it was nice to get status updates when they were working.