[RELEASE: v6.8.x] ActionTiles (formerly "SmartTiles V6") - Theme Editor/Builder added!

dashboard
smarttiles
project_dashboard
actiontiles
tablet-version

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #1

For more information about ActionTiles, please visit:

Major Release!

Big exciting Feature! Custom Theme Builder (i.e., custom color selection per Panel and per Tile Intention - not “per Thing” or “per Tile” or “per Tileset”). Includes the ability to copy the built-in ActionTiles Themes or your own existing Themes as a starting point, export and import Themes as a JSON clip in plain-text (or a downloaded .json file) for sharing with fellow Customers.

A Theme is of a set of colors for the Panel background, Tileset Titles, and the elements of Tiles for each of the 4 Tile Intentions. Themes may contain more properties in future versions.

Changes

• Custom Theme Builder.
  • Capability Voltage Tile.
  • Carbon Monoxide, Smoke Detector: treat “tested” state the same as “clear”.
  • PIN Code Pad appearance, Input (Tap) progress indicator, and improved performance.
  • Inter-panel fade animation changed to black (no white flash when using Panel Shortcut Tiles).
  • Other various performance improvements and bug fixes throughout the app.

Please let us know what you think of Custom Theme Building and the other features and tweaks in this Release! :blush:

Theme Builder has an “export / import” (as plain-text JSON) function, so you can easily share your creative Themes with other folks. We’re sure to build a library of these somewhere :thinking:.

Our “official” Release Notes & Discussion Topic is at: https://support.actiontiles.com/communities/12/topics/3776-release-v680

Thank-you from your ActionTiles team…
…Terry & Alex.

[RELEASE: v6.7] ActionTiles (formerly called "SmartTiles V6")
[RELEASE: v6.7] ActionTiles (formerly called "SmartTiles V6")
ActionTiles 17.76% Off through Tues July 10th, 2018. Happy 4th of July :fireworks:!
ADT Hub vs. v2 Hub
(Aesgarth) #2

Excellent, looking forward to having a play with this over the weekend.

How do i import the theme?

Importing the theme from copying from here isn’t working. The “add” button doesn’t become selectable:

So I manually entered and then copied it out and and pasting in worked. It seems that copying out of the forums and pasting into the editor doesn’t work. Must be something in the character sets used in the forum.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #6

Oh… sorry about that @RonV42; and thanks for reporting the behavior!

Indeed, the forum seems to be converting standard plain double-quotes " to open/close quotes “”.

That’s actually easy for folks to prevent when sharing Themes, but hard to remember!

When sharing a Theme here, be sure to surround the theme-text with triple back quotes ``` on a line by itself, before and after; like this…

{
  "accent-tile-background-color" : "white",
  "info-tile-background-color" : "#3675C4"
}

I have fixed the original post.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #7

:us: :fireworks: Celebrate the Red, White, and Blue :fireworks: :us:

… And celebrate our 4.9-Star Facebook-Reviews rating:

17.76% Off with COUPON CODE: JF18ST-17p

Apply to Cart before Checkout. Valid through Tues July 10th. Limit 2 per household.

July4

Free Trial here: https://app.ActionTiles.com
Shop here: https://www.actiontiles.com/shop/location-license

Try the Theme Builder/Editor as of ActionTile v6.8.0…

Import and enjoy our “Old Glory” red, white and blues theme:

{
"accent-tile-background-color": "white",
"accent-tile-content-color": "red",
"accent-tile-footer-color": "#3675C4",
"accent-tile-header-color": "navy",
"info-tile-background-color": "#25399A",
"info-tile-content-color": "skyblue",
"info-tile-footer-color": "white",
"info-tile-header-color": "white",
"normal-tile-background-color": "#021B44",
"normal-tile-content-color": "#20F3FF",
"normal-tile-footer-color": "white",
"normal-tile-header-color": "white",
"panel-background-color": "#657FAD",
"tileset-header-color": "navy",
"warn-tile-background-color": "#C3090A",
"warn-tile-content-color": "#E9E9E9",
"warn-tile-footer-color": "white",
"warn-tile-header-color": "white"
}

If you have already purchased an ActionTiles License; please accept our big thanks! And please share this deal with your friends to enhance their SmartThings homes!

(The Viking AKA "Holy Crap You're a Giant!") #8

@tgauchat I have an audio device integration for a 6 zone amp using @redloro’s great device handler/smartapp for the Russound multi-zone amplifiers.

Before I manually create virtual switches to control input sources for each of six zones and then tie them into WebCoRE, is there a way for ActionTiles to set a source on a device from a tile? Example: Tap the switch for the Living Room Speakers zone, get options to select source.

The DTH exposes the sources and WebCoRE can see them, but I don’t need automation with this so much as I want to get visual confirmation of zone selections.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #9

Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablets are $50 off! Only $99! :open_mouth:.

Very popular choice for running ActionTiles.com