[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

@tgauchat

i have a Dome Water Shut-Off Valve. I show it in Action Tiles as ‘Normal’ when open and ‘Warn’ when it is closed. This works just fine. However, I’ve also enabled a panel PIN code that works for other tiles when set to be PIN Protected, but it isn’t available to similarly set for the Dome Water Shut-Off Valve. Is this something I can accomplish or is it excluded for some reason?

PIN Code for Valve Tiles is a missing feature. There’s an existing ticket for this.

It’s a Feature Request… Please add your Vote(s) and Follow the Topic for updates…

http://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/topics/3074-valve-tile-needs-pin-security-protection/

Why if it’s ‘planned’ already?

Because “Planned” doesn’t imply the priority of implementation.

More Votes may influence which Development Sprint we put each Feature Request into.

Got it. I assumed planned meant it was scheduled. Obviously not.

Thanks.
Done

1 Like

Guys i have a problem that my media tiles run out of sync after some time, using full kiosk browser on android 7.1.

As you see my weather map is out of sync and my front yard camera (not atm)has the problem also. No problem with front door cam that one is always synced.
Camera are running tru bleuriris.
Someone has a fix for this?

I was intrigued to try the new Nest camera integration in the latest version of AT. So, I tried only to find a ‘Meet the Camera…’ pop-up Nest have introduced on public live camera feeds. This renders Nest useless to me on AT. I can’t even see the ‘X’ to close the banner on my tiles.

1 Like

The Nest Cam™ camera integration is experimental.

There is a discussion of the problem you are experiencing (and others) in the ActionTiles Forum:

I get that. I’m just recording the fact that right now it doesn’t work because of the pop-up problem.

Thanks… I get “that” too.

I’m just reiterating that we’ve centralized all support on our forum and help desk. :wink:

Personally I’m obliged to monitor this thread as a resource for peoples opinions, ideas and innovations because the ActionTiles forum makes no sense to me, it’s confusing, disorienting and nonsensical.

3 Likes

There’s no one perfect forum software - though the Discourse developers have created a rather innovative format, many folks find it more confusing than traditional threaded platforms. We have been tempted to adopt it from time to time; but the purpose of our Forum is somewhat different than the SmartThings Community.

Evidence of Discourse’s shortfalls include…

• The tremendous number of duplicate Topics here in the Community.
  • There is no merge function (or at least not one convenient enough for the moderators to use frequently).
  • The search function is not intuitive (I can’t find a single word of praise from a Community member saying how happy they were that search led them to the solution(s) they needed) … Thank goodness for @JDRoberts who is resident tour guide and simultaneously all-around helpful expert.
  • There is no Voting function or way of using Topic Statuses to track progress.
  • Around 3 or 4 very active SmartThings “Users Groups” have been spawned on Facebook, indicating a preference for that platform’s community discussion mechanism. And yup… quite a few of the topics are ActionTiles related, so we have to monitor those too.

And, yes, we can probably make a list twice as long of the drawbacks of UserEcho. It definitely needs evolution … and it does get improvements from time to time.

We appreciate that SmartThings let’s us ride along in this Community. We’ve been “good citizens” for a long time, and our product is relevant and “in context” here.

But we also appreciate the feedback and peer support provided by customers on the ActionTiles forum, their patience dealing with its idiosyncrasies. We’re proud of our use of it as public Feature Request and Bug tracking tool (which SmartThings does not publish anywhere)… UserEcho is directly integrated with our Help Desk and Knowledge Base systems, which makes it an efficient and effective choice for us - for now:

• Users can configure their own notification preferences (albeit through a less-than-intuitive interfaces) to follow specific categories or topics of interest, utilize RSS.
  • Users are automatically forced to “search” before they can open a likely redundant Topic (this is the same paradigm used by UserVoice and several other popular customer feedback platforms).
  • The administrator functionality is better than you’d expect.

BTW: If you wish to help improve the UserEcho platform, its developers take Feature Requests and topic votes, etc., on their own instance: https://feedback.userecho.com/forums/1-general/

Given that there’s no one perfect forum that appeals to everyone, we’re glad that it turns out that having multiple channels is beneficial for the breadth of marketing exposure that results and for the generous Customer-to-Customer peer assistance chipped in everywhere.

The quickest “official” information and responses will always be at: https://support.ActionTiles.com ; but we’ll try not to neglect our SmartThings Community roots. Thanks!

Yes, this truly is bad and confusing. I turned everything off but it took several attempts.

The ST forum always suggests threads that look similar to what you’re about post.

That’s interesting. I find the search on the ST forum one of the best I’ve ever used. Apparently the indexing is excellent.

Software is not what makes a good forum.

1 Like

Ok, finally got my LCARS/ActionTiles/Envisalink Honeywell Vista up and running… anybody interested in doing this, shoot me a PM. It’s a StarTrek fans dream lol. And it’s easily changeable to any home setup. No write-up required. It’s web based, and I personally use a Raspberry Pi with a Kiosk browser.

8 Likes

I saw this somewhere else (can’t remember where now). Very cool.

@Nezmo I posted it a few weeks ago, but hadn’t gotten it all figured out. Now it’s complete. For now. Until I find something else to add to it.

3 Likes

Let me figure out how to do a FAQ and I will lol

1 Like

Don’t worry about any special formatting or hosting; we can provide a place on our Forum or Blog page.

Just share your general notes with me when you’re ready; Support@ActionTiles.com

2 Likes