[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

I know this is only a narrowly-targeted workaround, but does your company’s firewall block VPNs too? If not, at least you’d have a way of connecting when you need to.

I’d have to look… but generally, a workaround to bypass an established policy would be grounds for termination… so I wouldn’t even mess with it without express permission! But I do believe they do block VPNs. But my situation may be more strict than most.

1 Like

From that snippet you posted its saying the website is uncategorised so just means your filter doesn’t know what type of site it is.

If you know who makes the filter you can contact them to update that category into the correct group; some providers even have online forms to fill in to do this.

Often the manufacturer holds a master list which the unit will look at for updates, you are just correcting it. No doing wrong there.

ActionTiles could also help by making sure their tags are all correct on the website (I’m sure they are) so it’ll crawl the site correctly.

I work with loads of filters all day everyday for banks, schools and businesses etc so lnow their problems well.

Kraeg

1 Like

That’s because you’re supposed to be working at work… :wink:

4 Likes

So I have just been using ActionTiles for a few days now after anxiously waiting for my invite code to show up and I don’t even know where to start…

:flushed: I can’t choose the right word here …impressed …grateful …thankful so I say them all to the ActionTiles team that put this remarkable product out. I could not have dreamt how incredible this product was going to be in improving on the standard SmartThings user interaction experience. Bravo for a job done with excellence! :clap:

6 Likes

The invite queue is now under 7 days long (and likely to shorten quickly as we are ramping up to full-speed).

###If you Subscribed prior to March 9th and haven’t received an Invitation email:

• Please be sure to have confirmed your email list subscription by using the confirmation link in the email that is sent to you almost instantly when you subscribe.

• If you didn’t receive a confirmation, then you used the wrong email address or the confirmation went to spam.

• Even if you’ve confirmed, the Invitation itself may be in your spam folder: http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/910-where-is-my-actiontiles-invitation-code/

• We force resend the confirmation requests once or twice at most (after several days); since otherwise … we are actually spamming :confounded:

• Please do not report our emails as “spam” or “abuse”, as that could make it more likely for emails to be flagged as spam for other people, including critical emails like password reset requests for the app! :pray:

2 Likes

Is there anyways to make the clock text bigger? Right now its too small for a 2-tile clock. Thanks

3 Likes

Where could I get some tips on how to set up my tiles? I was hoping to have live weather map along with video streams from my cameras. And also traffic cams for my commute. Maybe some other features as well but I’m not exactly sure how to do these thing so help would be greatly appreciated.

My panels keep dissaperaing. Everyone once in a while everything I have done just dissaperas like I never did it. Is this happening to other people as well?

Not disappearing per se - just seems to be down

Did we go belly-up? Blank screen here.

UPDATE: … aaand it’s back.

1 Like

Our cloud provider has been suddenly been reporting as many as 2 or 3 outages per day of 5 to 10 minutes each, but not affecting all nodes.

There is no outage listed at the time of your post, @Nezmo; but we’re keeping notes of even random small reports in case a pattern shows up that we can escalate. Our own logs also being analyzed.

At this time, we don’t have any indication that ActionTiles is being frequently affected, so this is not in the realm of “serious” at all.

1 Like

What’s your internet connection like?

Please email Support@ActionTiles.com if you would to collect further data for your specific situation (This has not been widely reported). Please include as much detail as possible… hardware, OS, browser, frequency of the problem, any steps you do before or after, etc.; i.e., all the basic things that are important for diagnostics.

Thank-you!

Certainly today was the only time it has been more than just slow to load. By the latter I mean it would hesitate for a few seconds then refresh - nothing I would consider a real issue. When I reported earlier it hung on the refresh icon for about a minute then went to a blank screen. I refreshed the browser and it returned all my tiles but with '?" on each then another refresh got a blank screen again. After a few minutes all was well. I can’t tell when it started though.

Just though I’d give a little more detail.

3 Likes

We have confirmation from our infrastructure vendor of “connectivity issues”. They say 1430h to 1520h PDT, but your observation was earlier. Still, it’s likely the same problem.

This is a situation in which I would have updated https://status.ActionTiles.com … (1) if it were ready, and (2) if we were actually able to confirm the issue before it was fixed! :grimacing:

1 Like

Is there a limit on number of Blue Iris streams? I tried to put about 6 or 7 tiles but can only get 3 or 4 to load. The rest are blank…

1 Like

There’s a confirmed bug with Chrome that only allows to load up to 6 video streams from the same server/IP. For a number of reasons, the limit of 6 gets used up even with fewer than 6 Tiles that display Blue Iris streams. We have a workaround in the pipeline to remedy this.

For now, the only workaround is to use a different browser.

Testing out the new ActionTiles. Like the functionality so far.

So what is the best method to report issues / interact with you gents on support?

Here is my issue in brief:

Sharing a panel with two simple routine tiles.
I have it set to interactive mode for secondary user.
Using this panel with the primary account, click the routine tile - the routine executes.
Using this panel with the secondary account, click the routine tile - nothing executes.

Use the support forum.

http://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/

2 Likes

Welcome JH!

Thanks for providing the link @diehllane

The root link starts you off at our Knowledge Base, but we recommend our Support & Ideas Forum as the next step when the KB doesn’t have an answer…

Starting point…
http://support.actiontiles.com

1 Like