[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

That’s great!

Please send the logs to us at Support@ActionTiles.com .

1 Like

Anybody know if there is a way to increase the spacing between Tile Sets on the new ActionTiles?

If you are not using Tileset titles (labels) then you could add some fixed amount of space by setting a nearly invisible title like “_” or “.”.

Other than that… The answer is no, but Feature Requests are welcome at https://ActionTiles.com/feedback

i know this really isn’t an AT issue but figured someone else has ideas. my panel is setup and pretty much use entire space. i am using Chrome and when i launch an additional browser window for surfing OR reload / refresh i lose Full Screen mode. of course this jacks everything up. looking for ideas on how to keep this from happening. of course if i do get it working, i have not figured out how i get back to panel window from a additional browser window but i am not as worried about this one. is there a browser better suited for this? i think have have looked at the 3 big ones and cannot seem to get it right. panel is a windows 10 touch screen monitor and mini pc

For Android, we regularly recommend the Fully browser, as it has “full-screen” built-in, and customers can dedicate that browser to ActionTiles while using Chrome or whatever for other browsing.

Actually… your option on Windows is likely similar: i.e., use Firefox or IE or Opera just for ActionTiles, and use Chrome for everything else?

Firefox and Chrome for Windows have native full screen modes. Pressing F11 works on both, while menu options are buried somewhere under View menu.

looks like --kiosk command line switch is what i am looking for. or --full screen will work too

1 Like

2017/08/25 1600h PT: Outage

ActionTiles is experiencing a partial intermittent outage, due to a serious, temporary (!) problem with a cloud component provider.

Please view and follow this link below for more details and updates.

Update:

Service appears to be restored as of 1645h PT or shortly before.

We will monitor the situation and update this Topic if the problem recurs.

Apologies for the temporary interruption of your ActionTiles enjoyment!
…Terry.

1 Like

Funny story about this outage. I had set up a shared page on my neighbors phone a couple months ago to give her access to turn the alarm on/off. Occasionally we have to have her come down and let the dog out if we are going to be gone for too long. She was nervous about using it, but I trained her and things seemed to be ok. Yesterday was the first time she had to come down and use it on her own. Guess what, she got here right at the same time the outage occured. So of course it didn’t work. I think I got her calmed down, but it’s been a good laugh.

Ack! :scream: … In this world, there’s timing is more often bad :smiling_imp: than good :angel:.

Sorry :grimacing: :smile:.

@tgauchat, down again for me.

Works for me? Maybe there was a momentary blip?

Was out for at least 5 mins for me but is back now, thanks.

1 Like

Yes.

There are no helpful details, but the same cloud component provider has officially reported that a short “connectivity” outage occurred from about 1235h to 1237h PT.

1 Like

@tgauchat

I’m using a Monoprice Shock Sensor for doorbell notifications. Works well. Earlier today, I changed my DTH from one that called it a contact sensor to one from @RBoy that more accurately, I think, calls it a Shock Sensor. Anyway, it also works great but ActionTiles only shows the battery capability now and my tile that used to show the contact, now shows a ‘?’. I looked to see if there was another attribute (Capability?) to use but there are none.

So, my question is this: Does ActionTiles currently support Shock Sensors?

TIA

1 Like

FYI: We have this reference in our Knowledge Base (FAQ) that is partially relevant here: Question mark "?" shown on Virtual Switch or other connected … / ActionTiles Knowledge Base / AT Support & Ideas

Login to your SmartThings IDE API webpage, check under “My Devices”, open the detail page for the Thing, and check this section, "Current States:

What values are show there please?

I’ll presume it has a value for Attribute “shock”.

Capability “Shock Sensor” is relatively new, and ActionTiles does not yet support it.

Timely, though, we are about to publish a poll to ask which of the official Capabilities we should add to ActionTiles next :smile:! (I will update this post with the link to the poll.)

In the meantime, you could modify the DTH to also claim another Capability like “Contact” or “Motion” and concurrently update the associated Attribute, or use a Universal Device Type Translator SmartApp:

1 Like

There are two: ‘battery’ and ‘shock’

I look forward to hearing about any progress. Thanks!

2 Likes

Bobby @SBDOBRESCU is hosting a little fundraising gesture per below.

Please note that ActionTiles will donate an additional $2 $5.00 for every License purchased using Coupon Code “STHRF-1+2” (through Sept 10, 2017).

Save $1 on your purchase while we contribute $5.00 to this Fund. We love and appreciate the SmartThings Community and wish everyone safety and strength. Products – ActionTiles.com

4 Likes

IMHO: I think it would be amazing to match the color scheme; it would blend AT and Nest E side-by-side beautifully!

5 Likes