[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

If you own a Tesla, you’re supposed to pay us double :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!

No… Unfortunately, we don’t know what quirk of the Tesla browser causes some critical portion of our framework to fail. Unless you have access to a Tesla Browser debugger (like F12 in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE desktop), then we don’t have any starting point at all to find a workaround.

Haha, yes, in this instance I’m “sorry” to say that I have a Tesla Model S :yum:
They’re really not that expensive here in Norway, electric cars are free from all taxes, duties, and vat, as a part of a environmental plan.
So it’s not that more money for a new Tesla VS a new regular family station wagon like mondeo/fusion, passat, etc. And they are cheaper to own than a regular car, no drive belts to replace, no highway tolls and etc…
So in reality, I use less money on my cars now.

But back to the case, there are no possibilities for going into that menu that I know of, can look tomorrow :slight_smile:

However, you can look at this: https://teslaapps.net/en/
They have webapps that works in the Tesla browser, you can sign up for a free account and send how they run their code?
Maybe that helps :slight_smile:

Few folks have talked about not being able to see Nest Cams. The easiest way is to build it on a website, like Wordpress, and add it in its own frame. I have actiontiles feeding left frame and Nest Cam feeding right frame. Just something to think about… of course, you need your own domain or something like Wordpress. I have mine all password protected, etc.

Just something to think about :wink:

1 Like

Can you please send me some more details about this configuration?

What’s the format of the URL of the Nest Cam frame? Do you have to login?

There are possibly ways we can think about taking out the need for customers to run their own server for this. It may not be quick or easy; but we want to be aware of the options for us to explore…

Please feel welcome to post a Feature Request on our Forum. It will be difficult for us to allocate resources to a feature being used by such a small subset of Customers, though. You might have more luck asking Tesla to make their browser compliant with industry standards! https://ActionTiles.com/feedback

It’s just a wordpress page…the left frame:

<iframe allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="https://app.actiontiles.com/panel/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" frameborder="0" height="900"></iframe>

The right frame:
<iframe allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/xxxxxxxxxx" frameborder="0" width="480" height="394"></iframe>

The actual page layout (column widths, etc) is all controlled from the Wordpress theme. So, I didn’t mess with the CSS or HTML that’s wrapped around the frames.

Does this require you to login to Nest cloud??

nah. that’s the public feed version. anyone with the URL can see it. I’ve password protected the page that contains the iframes for some layer of protection. The non-public feed doesn’t work in the iframe. Looks like public view only.

Is there any plan to support Sonos? I’d love a Sonos control tile that h as Pause, Next Song, Volume, and the album artwork…

Basic Sonos control is available if you have it already connected to SmartThings and authorized to ActionTiles, as we will then detect and present a Music Player Tile.

In other words, ActionTiles supports Capability “Music Player”:

What type of group? I have my lightify br30s with zllrgbw device in a trendsetter.colorfulLights group and they only show up as on/off w/level in actiontiles…

I believe that you are probably encountering a known bug in ActionTiles.

I’ll ping @625alex to update the status on our feedback Forum if there is any news. Like any item, however, it just has to work its way through the queue and we appreciate your patience and apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

You may be able to work-around this issue if you are using a Customer Device Type Handle; I think the Topic includes some successful comments in this regard.

Very interesting! After awhile. (not sure if I did anything or not) I had a little green bulb in the bottom left corner of the tile! When I hit the 3 dot menu, I got a spectrum to choose from! Very exciting. However, one of my three bulbs was not listening. I could see in its own Recent tab where Trendsetter had sent the commands. So I hit the power switch off & on. When they returned, Trendsetter had control of all three, but my Tile went back to a Dimmer tile. Must be a lag in someones handshake to determine type… Let me know what I can do. Thanks for all you do.

I hate to overly simplify or jump to conclusions, but off the top of my head, here’s what I think works and what you should try:

• As long as the Device sets a value for Attribute “color” then the Tile will present Color Control for the Thing.
  • The value of the “color” attribute need not be meaningful, but, if you want, try to set it to the “#RRGGBB” (hex string) format.
  • When the color is selected on the Tile, we issue a the setHue and setSaturation commands (ummm… whatever they are), and possibly also setColor. The Hue and Saturation, I believe, are now the official commands for the capability and should be sufficient for your Device to react.
  • We do not have support for “White” or “Color Temperature” at this time.

Make sense at all?

For more detailed discussion, I do recommend participating in the discussion in our own Forum existing Topic: Color control not working (hue/sat vs color Attributes) SYLVANIA Osram … / ActionTiles Forum / AT Support & Ideas

Made sense enough for me to look at that thread, change the ZLL RGBW DH which did not have color back to the Zigbee RGBW DH which does have color, change the color once in the ST App and Voila! Color in AT! On to the next complex technical glitch waiting for us.

2 Likes

Ever since the outage a couple nights ago, AT is seemingly out of sync. The behavior varies from really lagged to say, a virtual switch turns off 4 lights, AT only shows a couple of the lights going out, when they all really did. Toggling enough will get it sync’d back up. I have at least one persistent out of sync tile for a garage door contact. Opening and closing and it’s just stuck in AT, IDE/ST App show the recent events properly and proper current status. (Edit, this just cleared after opening/closing again) Not overtly complaining, just trying to paint as complete of a picture as I can. I have gone into AT and resynced, and gone into AT under the ST app and clicked “Done” as recommended in some previous threads I’ve found. Really enjoying AT, just want to get it running smoothly again. I’m somewhat new to the ST/HA universe so keep that in mind. I’m trying to grab an event along with the IDE logs now. Just want to know if I’m missing some easy things to attempt or if anyone else may be noticing it.

Thanks!

Hi JD … Sorry to hear of the trouble, but thank-you for reporting it. We’ve had only a couple of Help Desk tickets in this regard (http://support.actiontiles.com)

SmartThings IDE/API Live Logging is critical to help us diagnose any reproducible cases.

Please Attempt to Capture:

1. What messages are printed from the Thing (device instance) and from the ActionTiles V6 (Connect) SmartApp when you trigger an event outside of ActionTiles.

2. If there is any difference when you trigger an event inside ActionTiles.

3. Confirm that the SmartThings App and other SmartApps are functioning correctly.

4. And, finally, most critically, if you Re-Add / Re-Authorize your Location in ActionTiles (or via the “ActionTiles (Connect)” SmartApp inside the SmartThings App under Automation / SmartApps…); please observe the Live Logging carefully from the point you press Authorize or Done. Any errors in the SmartApp initialization or update process are extremely critical to note. They are not the only possible cause of “out of sync” problems, but this is one area we have a couple of reproducible cases we are analyzing.

Other than that; unless there are some weird new, and, as yet, unlogged problems in our ActionTiles Cloud (we will do more observations for this…), then, frankly, this is much more likely to be an issue with the SmartThings Platform than ActionTiles. Can’t summarize our entire architecture here; Put simply: If properly subscribed Thing Events aren’t being sent to our SmartApp, that’s out of our hands. (Of course, we would escalate this to SmartThings engineering back-channels, but they won’t be able to do much without reproducible cases.).

Fully appreciate the importance of logs, will work on capturing the sequences when I can reproduce. Will also look out for the errors during auth. I put the fact that I’m relatively new to this out there so you’d understand I probably haven’t discovered a new bug, I just haven’t figured out how to properly isolate issues yet. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Super, super appreciate this, JD.

We just got “another” Ticket with similar symptoms (but, still, very few reports considering how many customers we have); so, like any system problem, correlating diagnostic information can yield a solution much quicker than just examining a single case.

I encourage anyone and everyone who is convinced they have “stuck tiles” or “stale tiles” to report to Support@ActionTiles.com – but please check Live Logging first.

FYI: We may open a general Topic in our Forum soon, at http://support.actiontiles.com

Thank-you.

1 Like

Good morning Terry, I may have captured an instance. Where can I send the logs/descriptions/screenshots?

1 Like