[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

We only support the official SmartThings “Capabilities” as per their Documentation, at this time.

Some version of the HEM (not sure if yours?) was sending updates as frequently as 1/second, and across multiple sensor instances … maybe it was “Curb”, actually. We don’t have a hard-coded limit, but frequent updates can be extremely impactful on our resources and such devices have to be disabled.

Thanks for the info.

The HEM I’m using is incapable of sending data that often (it locks up even at higher intervals) but it sends it more often than a minute apart.

1 Like

Just remembered - capability.voltageMeasurement is a official capability and looks like it’s not available in ActionTiles.

1 Like

Great! We will consider adding it.

The other 2 criteria we consider though:

• Are there any popular "Works With SmartThings"™ certified devices that use it?
  • Is there a popular Feature Request posted / submitted on our Feedback Forum? https://ActionTiles.com/feedback

Thanks!

Is it possible to display fuel streams from webCoRE in ActionTiles? There is some great charting data being shown there from my devices I would love to display in tiles.

Thanks!

What is a “fuel stream”? :hushed:

Not sure if you’re joking, but in case you’re not, here you go:

And the result:

Sorry hadn’t gotten a chance to response yet. Basically fuel streams are a component in webCoRE that let you collate data and turn that data into charts/reports. Could make for some very cool tiles.

Thanks for the post, Drew.

I have not watched yet, especially for details.

There is quite a bit of discussion on this general topic in the SmartThings Users Group on Facebook, and the consensus seems to be that these techniques do not work if the Tablet has received recent (?) updates of Fire OS (i.e., Amazon has patched the loopholes that are being used). Of course, new hacks are always being discovered, …

Regardless, it is important that folks realize this particular technique may not be applicable … or… perhaps will “expire” once Amazon updates again.

Hey Terry,
I understand that there may be patches coming out in the future, but this
is working with the latest hardware and firmware as shown in the video. It
may be patched with an update. But, until then a viable option that only
takes a few minutes.
Drew

You could always pay a few dollars more and avoid the ads legitimately.

This seems really crass considering it’s not much more to get an ad-free tablet. Or, am I out of date and this is not an option any more? It was when I bought my Fire HD a while back.

It’s still an option, but I’m cheap :blush:

so I just fired up ActionTiles yesterday and noticed my colored bulbs, Osram Lightifys, dont have an actual color wheel selection option on them, only ON/OFF…anyone else?

I had the same issue at first with my hue bulbs. what worked for me was to change the bulbs to a different color using the ST App and it should update in AT. I

1 Like

no such luck…so you just changed the bulbs using a different app and the color picker appeared in AT?

Yes I just changed the bulb color in Smartthing apps to lets say red then I was able to get the color picker appear in AT as well a lil bulb symbol for color status

This is a known Bug. Please add Votes and “Follow” it for updates.

http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1140-color-control-not-working-huesat-vs-color-attributes-sylvania-osram-a19-rgbw-halo-and-others/​

will do, side note, using the Trendsetter smartapp, grouping these same lights into a group, that group does have color control via actiontiles, just not the individual lights

I’m not surprised to hear that.

The bug is related to SmartThings changing the specifications for Capability “Color Control” without making it clear to everyone what the consequences are. We believe we understand how to handle this consistently now, but haven’t implemented a fix on our end yet.

@625alex and @tgauchat the web app won’t load in Tesla browser, just get a blank page, do you have any idea why?