[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Here are 5 day charts for the DOW and NASDAQ from CNN that might work for you.

If you want something more detailed like this DOW chart you might try StockCharts and you can add all the indicators you want.

2 Likes

Try contacting this external developer… he’s come up with a few amazing “widgets” that will run in a Media Tile.

I’m sure he would consider your Idea!

http://jggdev.com/category/atiles/

e.g., http://jggdev.com/atiles/news.php?titleColor=00FF00&bodyColor=ffffff&backgroundColor=000000&layout=3x2

3 Likes

Thanks @bne for your help, I was looking to have multiple stickers into one chart but this will do :slight_smile: .

1 Like

He definitely has some cool widgets, I actually just added his news widget to AT. I will contact him see if he will be interested in doing that

1 Like

Hi, I have a Foobot, how can I get a tile to show it’s "pollution’ reading? It would be nice to have everything, but perhaps the most important actually would be the GPIState which states the air quality. It has the below readings;

temperature: 22.54 °C
humidity: 42 %
pollution: 37 %
particle: 6.52 Âľg/mÂł PM2.5
voc: 368 ppb
GPIState: good

Thanks!

At this time, ActionTiles is designed to interface only with SmartThing’s “official” Capabilities as documented here: http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html

• You could “overload” a Capability (i.e., pretend it is Temperature or Humidity or Power), but, of course, that has limitations (only numeric) and other drawbacks.

• I know we have a couple existing Feature Requests regarding “generic text” or “generic numeric value” Tiles. You might have luck finding these in a search of our feedback forum. Our hesitation to prioritize this is the lack of widespread customer need. There’s no “obvious and easy way” to implement this without distracting from much higher priority features that we know will be valued by >80% of potential customers, rather than <10%.

I totally get what you are saying as I am a capitalist first and a geek second, but what about this as a thought. What about the ability for ActionTiles to ‘poll’ the device in question for what options it has available, and then give the user the ability to display said options? ActionTiles wouldn’t need to understand the items in question, just simply display whatever it gets sent back from the device. Similar to viewing the device in SmartThings device list in the graph page. I’m not a dev so not sure what the implications of what I am asking are, but if ActionTiles was capable of doing this I think 100% of customers would find it very useful and then you wouldn’t need to do any custom work for any of these more ‘rare’ device types that customers have.

We appreciate the ideas, Matthew; and, indeed, this would be a powerful feature that perhaps would payoff in the long-term.

To increase the odds of popularity, however, it would be “really terrific” if SmartThings stepped up to the plate here and did something to expand the Capability Paradigm to better handle ad hoc situations and fast-track expansions. The model was excellent at conception and still covers 70% to 80% of use cases, but there has been no visible effort to move beyond that.

Your recommendation still takes a tremendous amount of effort to implement. We simply do not have the resources when there are a hundred features (with broad popularity) ahead in the queue.

Any angel investors out there? :angel: :moneybag: :money_mouth:

@tgauchat I dont know if this has been address before or not. I was wondering if AT is able to change the color and Temp of smart bulbs? I have a Hampton bay smart bulb (zigbee) with color temp change and aslo few phillips hue buls but I can only turn them on and off.

And I like the new pin feature really great. Does it is also lock a particular panel or just the tilesets?

1. As long as the Bulb provides Attribute value for color, we will recognize it as a color bulb and offer basic color selection ability. We should also detect color if it has values for hue and saturation, but not certain if that bug has been completely resolved. Please check your Attribute state values in SmartThings IDE under My Devices / Device / detail and email to Support@ActionTiles.com

2. We currently have not implemented Capability “Color Temperature”, but is an existing feature request.

3. PIN protection is available for several Tile types and we plan on adding it to control of the Panel Options / Overflow (“…”) menu. We do not currently have plans to implement PIN protection at the “whole Panel” or “whole Tileset” level. To protect an entire Panel, be sure to use Panel Sharing.

An additional question, I can’t seem to add the Harmony Hub itself to ActionTiles (It doesn’t show up in any of the lists.) Basically I just want to be able to have one tile to turn off all activities on the hub, which is how it operates in SmartThings. This way my wife can turn off the kids TV easily from ActionTiles when it is dinner time, bed time, etc.

1 Like

Our Harmony related Topic has gone stale, buy perhaps you can wake it up.

Please be sure to post what Device Type Handler you are using along with the IDE / My Devices / device details / Attribute States values…

Thanks I was able to finally get the color control for my hue lights. For some reason I first had to manually change the color to any random one using the ST app then I was able to get the color control in AT.

I will try the Panel Sharing feature

1 Like

##ActionTiles Release v6.6.1 deployed!

Thermostat enhanced! iOS Shortcuts to Apps “fixed”…

Release Notes: http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1875-v661

And my old Android devices stopped working,

Nigel… I’m afraid I don’t understand your post at all. It’s only one sentence (actually, it is a “sentence fragment”). :confused:?!?!?

Please contact Support@ActionTiles.com if you have any issues with the latest release of ActionTiles or whatnot.

###Happy Holiday Weekend! Coupon Code for 20% off ActionTiles License

Firstly, celebrating Canada Day :maple_leaf: July 1st!
and then USA Day … ok… Independence Day :us: July 4th!

###All expired “free-trials” have been reset!
If you tried ActionTiles in the past, now is a chance to try again for a few days, and save 20% too!

##Use coupon code: JUSA-20p

• 20% off the Affordable ActionTiles License for one SmartThings Location (Hub), in our store at:

:arrow_right: https://www.ActionTiles.com/shop

Don’t forget to enter the Coupon Code JUSA-20p in your Cart before the Checkout Page.

*Coupon expires end of July 5th, 2017. Limit 2 Licenses per Customer. Cannot be combined with other offers.

We’re proud of various recent improvements, and certainly have more to come…

Please read our latest Release Notes at:
http://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/categories/51-release-notes/topics/

Hi,
I’m an author of DTH for Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen 5 and one of the users reported that he can’t select Current reporting in ActionTiles/SmartTiles. As there is no official “Current Meter” capability in SmartThings I was wandering how ActionTiles determines if the device can report current?

1. The proper Capability name is “Power” or “Energy”; please reference: http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html

2. Also: All Device Type Handlers must claim either Capability “Sensor” and/or “Actuator”. Since you are a “power sensor”, you should have Capability “Sensor”, please.

3. Please ensure your DTH does not update more frequently than once per minute.

I’m not talking about power or energy, those are available without issue. I’m asking about current (Amperes) and (I noticed just now after purchasing ActionTiles to test with) Voltage.

My DTH updates as often as the device is configured to update - is there any limit on updates for ActionTiles?