[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Thanks for giving me a Sunday project. Great work.

http://imgur.com/MMf8yzF
http://imgur.com/CsKQxap

6 Likes

pretty cool! what did u use for the energy graph?

A bit of Google Sheets loggingā€¦ I followed these instructions: Google Sheets Charts

3 Likes

Anyone else having problems with AT not updating?

http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1457-actiontiles-not-updating-april-25-945am-central/#

Please send your Location Id to support@actiontiles.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile you may want to try to reinitialize the location by visiting ActionTiles SmartApp in ST mobile app and tap the ā€œDoneā€ button. Or, visit the ActionTiles web app and ā€œAddā€ your location once more.

Thanks!

1 Like

This looks like it fixed it, thanks.

2 Likes

We are concerned about the problem and hope we can get it resolved soon.

But I am also concerned that you have misunderstood the ActionTilesā€™s Terms of Service. I encourage you to read them again.

####Andā€¦ I hope the following is obvious, since it is a characteristic of any productā€™s ā€œfree trialā€ā€¦

All ActionTiles users get a 14 day free-trial during which they are unconstrained from testing all features critical to them. The is why we offer a fully unrestricted free-trial. All features (and flaws) of the app are exposed.

If there is any one or more ā€œmake or breakā€ feature that is not functioning properly during the Trial period, we emphasize that potential customers should defer purchase until they feel they will get the value they expect from the product. i.e., Please ā€œbuy ActionTiles for what it does today, not for what it might do tomorrowā€.

Thank-you for your support as we work to continuously improve ActionTiles, and your understanding as we inevitably must prioritize some challenges and features above others.

@anon36505037: Not saying you donā€™t have the right to be frustrated by any particular functionality glitches nor not have the right to complain. Iā€™m a consumer, not just a product developer, so ā€¦ I empathize.

I assure you though, we would find it much more helpful, if you contacted our Support desk directly so that we can work with you one-one and track the issue as we make any progress towards resolution. Thank-you.

ā†’ Support@ActionTiles.com

2 Likes

On a less intriguing matter, why are my motion sensor icons not the same using Chrome and Fully?
Itā€™s been like this since launch and itā€™s rather annoyingā€¦ Can anyone help?

Just saying I have the exact same problem no matter what ā€œthemeā€ I try. Plus on the water leak tile & the fire/smoke tile. The CO icon shows though for my smoke/carbon monoxide detector. Thought that was a little odd.

What exact versions of Android OS, Chrome and Fully, please?

Nothing ancient, Android 6 and clearly the latest version of Fully from the app store.

Disclaimer: Itā€™s very possible I just donā€™t know what the heck Iā€™m doing. Iā€™m an Apple guy and have rarely used the cheap Digiland tablet I got about 2 years ago. Got it for the young grandkids when they come over, but they have since got their own iPads. Somehow Iā€™ve been very blessed! :joy: Decided to use the cheap Android tablet for ActionTiles

Android: 4.4.2 (Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s no way to update it)
Fully: 1.82 (canā€™t see some icons)
Chrome: 57.0.2987.132 (can see all icons)

PS: I mainly want to look at ActionTiles on my iMac. Please keep those new icon tile choices coming.

1 Like

Agreed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We never found the ā€œabsolute minimumā€ version of Android OS that would have ā€œguaranteedā€ compatibility. Fully runs on top of Android ā€œweb-view / chromiumā€ libraries, so it is dependent on the OS version (unlike Chrome itself which brings along itā€™s own librariesā€¦).

As far as I know, Fully may require at least Android 4.4.4, or even 4.4.6, and the ability to display certain types of icons is precisely the fix that comes along with that upgrade level.

Since there are other browsers that work and Android debugging of Fully takes some specialized resources, we canā€™t make resolution of this a priority, Iā€™m afraid.

Weā€™ll try to keep this KB article posted with the latest info:

Now this adds some mystery to the problem, since it diverges from the theory that ā€œold Android OSā€ is the sole issue. It may be Fully itself, then, and maybe a temporary glitch.

ActionTiles doesnā€™t claim compatibility with ā€œallā€ browsers and donā€™t have control over browser peculiarities. The developer of Fully is a really great guy and worth contacting regarding this issue. If he has spare time, heā€™ll run diagnostics and pass along his findings.

Be sure to do the usual stuff first ā€¦ clear the cache, make sure cache and cookies are permitted, no firewall blocks etc. ā€¦ One reason that some icons work and others donā€™t is that they come from different libraries and slightly different standards. Some browsers are just pickier or not as flexible or compliant as others - This happens to be a particularly visible manifestation of that.

Ohā€¦ @Alwas: Can you tell me what hardware you are using, please (tablet, phone, ā€¦)?

While Iā€™m not surprised about this issue for old Android, I donā€™t see why the icon would not show up on the latest version.

There are some things we could try on our end to remedy this, but I believe the root cause of this issue is browserā€™s inability to display some font icons from Material Design .

Would you be able to check if the icons on the linked page are displaying normally, please?

1 Like

Found my way here through Dashing --> GitHub --> ST searches. Product looks fantastic but would want to try it out first. Looks like the current pricing runs out in a few weeks. What if we have not received an invite by then?

1 Like

Very likely youā€™ll get an invite in time or affordable price regardless.

Weā€™ll extend the price IF we have to throttle invites significantly.

Thatā€™s a good point, Robinā€¦ I just added a response as a KB/FAQ Article:

As mentioned before, and, as it will always be: It never hurts to contact Support@ActionTiles.com if thereā€™s a chance we can help you out with anything at allā€¦ ā€œThere are no stupid questionsā€ (as the saying goesā€¦); but we have greater ability to be accommodating and flexible when folks reach out to us privately and respectfully. Thatā€™s why I sent you that quick PM (private message) here last night :relaxed:. Thank-you!

Is there a way to add the solar panels to actiontiles? so you can see what the current kwh are?

Using Fully to view that linked page, guesstimating about 25% if the icons were not visible. When I used this cheap tablet & Fully for Smarttile 6 all the icons showed. Anyway, no big deal, still love my ActionTiles. :grinning: