[RELEASE] Lock User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions

This is a Lock Manager for locks which cannot be programmed through SmartThings but can report events through Z-Wave/ZigBee to SmartThings. It provides functionality of managing actions and notifications when users unlock door and lock doors but with using the existing codes programmed into the lock. (i.e. no lock programming).

However, while this app replicates all the functionality of the Lock User Management (LUM) app, related to taking actions and notifications for users, it does not program the lock codes but rather uses the locks existing programmed users.

This is great for folks who don’t want to expose their user codes through the ST platform, don’t want/change the codes often, cannot program codes remotely (e.g. RFID cards, FOB’s, August Lock Pro, Yale L1, IDLock etc) and would like to program the codes externally and then use this app to take actions when users unlock the door using those manually programmed codes.

Compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers and Keypad Locks

Key features of the SmartApp:

• Monitor unlimited users and locks
  • Works with the built in SmartThings device handler
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Support for different types of locks and keypads, (ZigBee, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming STHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • and lots more…

Installation Instructions

You can find step by step installation instructions here

If you have any suggestions or feature requests feel free to ask

NOTE:
While this works with the stock ST Z-Wave Device Handlers for locks, for maximum compatibility and use of certain features like Jammed notifications and External Keypad lock it is recommended to use the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave device handler.

This app is available on the RBoy Apps Server

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get access to our Commercial Apps. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

Copyright © RBoy Apps

4 Likes

Thanks for the code, Great code, just installed it and it works without showing the code. Great program make it more secure and give me confidence in leaving this on my families phone.

There is an issue with the Custom Action per user. In my case I have 5 max users and it seems custom action is all pointed for User 5. The General Unlock action for all users is working correctly.

1 Like

Yes that’s because on the Android phone submitOnChange: true command is broken.
That command is what tells the SmartApp that the user has selected a different input and then uses that to re render the page with the new options.
This issue has been reported here:

Please report it to ST Support (support@smartthings.com) for them to fix it. As soon as they fix it and it works like it’s supposed to the this problem will go away.

Meanwhile it works fine on iOS.

1 Like

Version 2.0.1
I’ve added the option to report the slot number of the user is unknown (i.e the slot is not monitored by the App but it is used to unlock the door)

I’m trying to get notifications on ALL types of lock/unlock. What i mean is if i use my phone to hit “unlock” i would like to be notified. Right now i’m using “Smart Home Monitor” → “Custom” → “Lock” monitoring. This allows for notifications of any type of unlock/lock. The issue is i get double notified when a person that is listed unlocked the door via code, I get an alert with the name and then another alert that the door was unlocked.

Select the option for Manual Unlock and Manual Lock notifications on the 2nd page.

I’ve not acquired any device handlers. My Schlage lock is already working mostly how I want it. The user codes are set in the lock itself, and that works for me. It locks automatically if the door is closed; it remains unlocked when the door is open. I can lock and unlock it by voice and remotely, and presence sensors (including an android phone) open it reliably.

There is but one thing I want it to do now, and that is to sound its alarm based on various sensor conditions. For example, if my exercise room window is opened while the security is armed.

How do I get there, with minimum system impact?

You can you pick some of the apps from the Marketplace or if you want to total flexibility try Rule Machine

If you are talking about using the lock to sound its alarm. I don’t believe that it is possible.

Edit: @RBoy Am i correct in what i stated? The siren/alarm cannot be triggered on demand?

1 Like

That’s absolutely correct, the lock doesn’t allow for external control of the alarm. Infact I tried “exploring” it to see if I could catch an undocumented parameter that would allow me to control it but unfortunately no such interface exists.

Bummer. That sends me back to the Bluetooth speaker, or perhaps an alarm module or something. Oh well…

###User Lock/Unlock Notifications and Actions - Version 2.1.0

• Added support for receiving unlock notifications based on mode for each user
  • Bugfix for jammed and manual lock notifications not coming through always
1 Like

###User Lock/Unlock Notifications and Actions - Version 2.2.0

• Added support for notifying if the door has been left open for a period of time (with mode filters)
  • Added support for automatic relock when controlling multiple doors from a single SmartApp
  • Various other UI improvements
  • Show SmartApp version on the main page
1 Like

##user Lock/Unlock Notifications and Actions - Version 2.3.0

• On popular request, added option to execute a routine when the Lock button on the external keypad of the lock is pressed. Each locks’s routine can be configured individually. This functionality only works if the lock supports it and also requires the use of the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler version 2.9.0 or later

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 2.4.0

• On popular request, added option to execute a routine when the Lock button on the external keypad of the lock is pressed. Each locks’s routine can be configured individually.
  • Also added the ability to set individual actions when users use their codes to lock the door. e.g. Run Routine X when user 1 locks the door using their code and do nothing if user 2 locks using their code.
  • Also added the ability to display tamper notifications in addition to jammed and invalidCode notifications

This functionality only works if the lock supports user code locking/one touch locking via the keypad (e.g. Schalge BE469, Yale YRD220/240) and also requires the use of the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 2.10.1 or later

2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

EDIT: Please note this version has simplified the user interface, so please CHECK and VERIFY your notification settings. These are now on the first page under door lock/unlock actions.

1 Like

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 2.4.2

• Improved reliability of auto unlock and auto relock
  • Now the App checks if the device lock has the AutoLock feature enabled and if so it will not Unlock the door when open to avoid an infinite lock/unlock loop

Recommend the use of the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 2.10.1 or later for full SmartApp functionality

EDIT: Please note this version has simplified the user interface, so please CHECK and VERIFY your notification settings. These are now on the first page under door lock/unlock actions.

1 Like

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 2.4.3

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung - #364 by RBoy) device handler version 2.10.3 or later for full SmartApp functionality

EDIT: Please note this version has simplified the user interface, so please CHECK and VERIFY your notification settings. These are now on the first page under door lock/unlock actions. Also NOTE that the user lock code based actions require the use of the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Handler version 2.10.3 or later

###User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 3.0.0

• Fixed issue with Auto Relock and Auto Unlock not working for some users
  • Added support for RFID card reporting
  • To use the advanced features (RFID, Lock based actions, Tamper Alarms) you require the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler version 3.0.0. All the rest of the functionality will continue to work with the Stock ST Z-Wave Device Handler.

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

EDIT: Please note this version has simplified the user interface, so please CHECK and VERIFY your notification settings. These are now on the first page under door lock/unlock actions. Also NOTE that the user lock code based actions require the use of the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Handler version 3.0.0 or later

###User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 3.1.0

• Enhanced Auto ReLock to relock the door it hasn’t been opened for the configured time

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

###User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 3.1.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.1 or later for full SmartApp functionality