[RELEASE] Lock User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.03.00

• Added support for reporting unknown users and running actions for master codes/users
  • Added ability to NOT run door lock/unlock action when specified users are present or when in certain modes
  • Reduce notifications verbosity for lock/unlock actions, enable detailed notifications to restore verbosity

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.2.0 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

Folks using the ZigBee device handler should update to the latest 1.3a Universal ZigBee device handler. This is to fix an issue with the lock reporting user 255 when using manual or remote locking/unlocking. Thanks for the quick turnaround @jhamstead

1 Like

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.04.00

• Added support for selective use notifications only when users are not present
  • Added ability to chime/ring a bell when the door is opened (with option to select modes)
  • Improve quality of notifications and simplified user interface

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.2.0 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

I just purchased and installed 5.04, do I need to reset the lock prior to going to this version or can I just upgrade and re-publish?

If you’ve already got an older version of the SmartApp then just upgrade and republish.
If you’re installing it fresh for the first time, it would be better to clear all the codes from the lock/reset once before starting to use this SmartApp.

1 Like

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.04.01

• Added support to report Master Code usage for supporting locks (e.g. Yale, IDLock etc)

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.3.0 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.04.02

• Update due to changes in the ST platform, now you can send SMS notifications to multiple numbers by separating them with a *

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.3.0 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

##Critical Update for users on version 03.04.01 or 03.04.02

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.04.03

• Fixed a bug which would cause lock/unlock actions to not execute under certain conditions

1 Like

##user Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 03.05.00

• Improved speed and resilience to platform issues
  • Fixed Auto Unlocking of Schlage deadbolt locks while door is open (some locks would return an busy signal)
  • Added support for notifying via text to speech (e.g. Sonos)
  • Added support for Bluetooth locks (e.g. Yale)

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 03.03.00 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

I want to only run a routine when our housekeeper comes. How do I know what slot is her slot?

If you install this app from @RBoy it will allow you to define custom actions when specific codes are used, including running a routine. I do this when my housekeeper arrives.

[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

2 Likes

ritchierich, yes, I have it installed and I see how to customize it, but how do I know which user slot belongs to the housekeeper?

If you’re using the app @ritchierich linked then you have to define what the code will use.

If you’re using this app (i.e. no programming only notifications and actions), then you need to find out what slot you’ve programmed into your lock and enter the name against that slot number. If you’ve cleared all codes from your lock and starting from scratch it should start from 1 and work it’s way up.

If you don’t know what slot you’ve programmed in your lock, when you unlock the door using your code, in the device events page on your ST mobile app it will tell you which slot number was used to unlock the door.

Agree with @RBoy, I use the user management app to manage all of my door codes since I have multiple Schlage locks. I have an entry specifically for my housekeeper, kids, parents, etc. The beauty of using this app is if something were to ever change or a code gets compromised, all I have to do is update the app and a minute or so later its changed.

When my housekeeper comes, the house can be seen from the moon because of all the lights she turns on. One day I setup a virtual switch that gets turn on when she enters her code and automated the lights for her. She was startled by it, but now enjoys it because I also turn on all the fans and adjust the thermostat too.

1 Like

Anyway I can turn the odd refresh sound coming out of my Yale lock? I have the Sensibo DTH running with the app for it and if I change the temperature on my AC, it updates the codes to my lock and I hear a chime. Anytime the DTH for the AC polls, I hear a chime from my lock. Its quite annoying, how can I turn this off? Even turning the sound off on the lock didnt work.

I don’t see a mention of this here, my apologies if I missed it.

I finally got my two Yale YRD220 doorlocks switched over to SmartThings.

Sometimes with SMS delays it can be hard to figure out the sequence of events when there is a series of lock/unlock/lock in quick succession, and the timestamp is missing from the SMS sent out by the default DTH,

Does this app allow me to customize the SMS messages (sent when it is locked or unlocked) so that they have a timestamp in them?

Thanks … Mike

We can add the request to our feature list Mike but it’s very easy to find out the timestamps for events. Open you lock device page on the ST mobile app, click on Recently and you’ll see the list of lock/unlock events with timestamps. For SMS notifications your mobile app should also provide timestamps of when they received. The ordering will be the same as what’s reported by your lock. (sometimes these are delayed/buffered by the lock)

You’re too fast, I just came back here to update my request :grin:

The downside of relying on the SMS client is that if the phone was off at the time the SMS came in, it shows the “received” time as whenever I booted the phone up and the SMS came in (not when it was sent).

The additional question I came back here to add - should I be able to do the following?:

• Slave unlock door A when door B is unlocked
  • Slave lock door A x minutes after door B was locked
  • Lock door A x minutes after door A was closed

Thanks again.

CoRE is your best friend here for custom actions

Thanks. I keep saying I’ll try it out, maybe one day I will :grinning: