This is on request from many users who want the functionality of managing actions and notifications when users unlock door and lock doors but with using the existing codes programmed into the lock. (i.e. no lock programming).
This is an offshoot of another app I’ve written here:
However, while this app replicates all the functionality of the app above, related to taking actions and notifications for users, it does not program the lock codes but rather uses the locks existing programmed users. This is great for folks who don’t want to expose their user codes through the ST platform (or don’t want/change the codes often) and would like to program the codes manually and then use this app to take actions when users unlock the door using those manually programmed codes.
This app app will monitor your locks and the users programmed into the lock manually and then take actions which include the following:
- Disarm Smart Home Monitor
- Execute a Routine
- Turn on/off switches
- Turn on lights if door is unlocked after dark
- Relock doors
- Retract deadbolts when doors are open
- Door Jam notifications
- Door manual lock/unlock notifications
- Individual user specific override actions (e.g. when a specific user unlocks unique actions, disarm, routines, switches etc, can be defined to override the global actions for all users)
- Monitor multiple locks simultaneously
- Work across multiple locks
- Send multiple users SMS notifications
- Limit actions to specific modes
- Run routines for external keypad lock button
and much more…
If you have any feature requests please send it in.
While this works with the stock ST Z-Wave Device Handlers for locks, for maximum compatibility and use of certain features like Jammed notifications and External Keypad lock it is recommended to use the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave device handler.
##This app is available on the RBoy apps server (along with all the rest of the premium and free apps) http://smartthings.rboyapps.com.
Visit our Facebook page to get access to all our Premium ST Apps Server and get updates on new apps. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps
If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts.
The latest version of these apps with udpates are available on the RBoy server.