[Release] Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps

I’m getting the SmartThings message saying ecobee has been disconnected again. It started 2 days ago. Was something updated?

Which version are you using:

1. Standard SmartThings
  2. @StrykerSKS
  3. @storageanarchy

If #1, check with SmartThings support.

If #2 or #3, did you install any code updates recently? If so, what is the version number of your Ecobee (Connect) app (it’s at the bottom of the preferences setup screen).

HI. I’m using the @StrykerSKS version. I haven’t installed anything recently. It’s been up and running just fine for at least over a month. Then suddenly two days ago the SmartThings messages have been happening. When I check the logs, it reconnects almost immediately. It happened once or twice on Tuesday and then 3 or 4 times yesterday. I haven’t had any other changes to the network infrastructure, though yesterday afternoon I installed a Rachio irrigation system but that was after this all started.

If you haven’t installed anything recently, then it is a problem with the Ecobee cloud. Others are reporting similar experiences…

1 Like

Hi Barry. I really like your DTH, looks excellent!
Just have a couple of questions I’ll be greatfull if you can answer them:

1. Is it possible to change the temperture scale and commands from F to C?
  2. Is it possible to turn OFF the thermostat? In a way it won’t start working with any kind of temperature changes.

The thermostat DTH uses the temperature scale you have chosen for your SmartThings location, so yes, it can be either F or C.

Turning off is not a current feature of my DTH. You can, of course, turn your ecobee off using the Ecobee app. I will look into a way to implement this.

Same here. It happens at least 4 times a day. Is there an option to turn the notification off? With so many notifications a day, I just ignore it now. Thanks!

Hey again Barry
Unfortunately, it doesn’t show the temperatures in C. I checked the settings for my ST Hub’s location in both my phone and computer, and it’s configured in Celsius as it was from the begging (few months ago). Tried changing it to F and then going back to C but nothing.
In case you happen to get one of them or both (C temp and off status) working, pelase let me know!!! With those changes, it will be the perfect DTH for this device.

Sebastian -

I am sorry you are having issues with my Ecobee DTH. Could you please check in the Ecobee (Connect) app, in the Devices/Thermostats tab, what does the NOTE: say that the units is set to - C or F?

Thanks!

I’m using the Ecobee Device Type with CoRE. My goal is to turn on the fan if the temperature reaches the set point so cold air can be circulated from the basement before the AC is needed.

After either a) the fan has been running for 10 minutes, OR b) the temperature has dropped one degree, OR c) the AC has turned …
I run resumeProgram() but I noticed the Ecobee still says “[Fan Symbol] Auto and holding”. I’ve also noticed it appears not to follow Smart Home/Away when this happens. Any suggestions on what function I should use to basically just set the system back to full-auto after running the fan?

We would need to know the version of the DTH that you are running. You should provide both the version number for Ecobee (Connect) SmartApp and for the Ecobee Thermostat device, either from the source code, or from the bottom of the settings for Ecobee (Connect) and near the top of the Ecobee Thermostat preferences page.

If my door opens it turns air to 85 so I don’t cool the outside then sets to 74 when closed.

Would like to know how to do several things.
1: turn off air instead of set to 85 to stop it.
2: turn on air when closed instead of set to 74.
(Turning mode on and off allows me to keep the current temp instead of forcing it to 74).
3: only trigger action if door is open for more then say 90 seconds (the goal is to kill ac if door is left open not each time door is opened)

This situation (on/off vs temp change) should be able to be handled through the open contacts child smartapp within the ecobee (connect) parent app. Have you had a chance to check it out?

Exactly what the Contacts & Switches Helper SmartApp does - including the time delay. You can create an instance from within Ecobee (Connect) - Helper SmartApps - Create New Contacts & Switches Helper…

You have a link to this app?

Thanks

The link to Barry’s version is at the bottom of the first post, under Popular Links — “… BEST Free Ecobee …”

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-the-best-free-ecobee-dth-and-helper-smartapps-now-with-ask-alexa-message-queue-support-and-an-enhanced-user-experience/81616

After hours of trying and trying in all different ways this app still doesn’t work right. If I use the github repo, I always get {“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

If I install manually, it looks like this:

OATH, routines, device handlers all there.

Any fix?

Finally got it to work but had to install everything manually. Why would it not work when installing from github? Why would it not work if it is partly installed manually and partly through github?

From the screen shot provided, it seems clear that you aren’t running either @StrykerSKS nor my version (link immediately prior to your post above) so it is unlikely you will get any help on this thread.