[OBSOLETE] .. Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps

12:49:38 PM: error pollEcobeeAPI() HttpResponseException occured. Exception info: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error StatusCode: 500

Hi there, got the above error in the logs…not sure what is going on but all seems ok. I do have the latest GitHub app and DH.

Does this work for the E3 Lite? I got past the step where I connect to Ecobee then when I go back in I can select the thermostats to install but when I click done it saves error saving page. I didn’t want to setup any helper smartapps yet so occurred to me that since I have no sensors to select maybe its erroring out?

I usually see this when Ecobee is doing server maintenance. It should clear itself up automatically but if you continue to see it then I’d suggest re-authenticating.

Hmmm. Good question. You are first to try on lite I guess.

Can you pull up the live logs and get the error messages for me to look at? I don’t have a lite version to test against.

Thanks. Just sent you a PM with the log info.

This is what fixed it for me. Even though the device handler was showing it as connected , I went back in and re-entered the credentials and everything came back to communicating again.

1 Like

When using CoRe, which action do I choose for it to change to Away/Home mode?
I tried using away(…), but there is a time limit shown on the thermostat itself. Any option for hold type change to until I change like in the Ecobee Routine app? Also, I can’t find home(…) in there.

Thanks for your hard work on this.

You can choose resumeProgram. That will go back to your default schedule.

2 Likes

What about holding the mode until I change it?

setThermostatProgram()
String Away
String indefinite

As a note if you want to hold it until the next program in your schedule use nextTransition instead of indefinite. There is also Temporary (think that is a set amount of time but I haven’t tried it)

1 Like

I think away(…) does that, but still thanks for the info!
Thank you!

I was wondering what was going on with all my sensors frozen at a certain temp. Wouldn’t update or see any polls in the recent activity to get the latest temps.

I tried your suggestion and re-entered my credentials to authorize the SmartApp and it worked!! Thanks! Spent hours trying to troubleshoot.

EDIT: spoke too soon, not sure what’s up with my setup but all my ecobee remote sensors don’t poll to get temps but my main thermos poll every 10-15 mins for new temps. Never had this issue before.

1 Like

I think using away(…) will only set the program based on your default preferences. If you want to override your default preferences you’ll have to do that with setThermostatProgram(…)

Any idea how long it takes for Ecobee sensor to update motion status?
Wondering if I need another motion sensor or Ecobee’s is accurate enough…

It won’t pick up motion as quickly as a real motion sensor. It takes a few minutes. I tried using the ecobee motion sensor for turning on lights when I entered the room. Doesnt work u less you’re in there for a few minutes.

Had to use the Smarthing Sensor instead.

1 Like

I tried generating new tokens for OAuth but now the app wont let me login to Ecobee with my credentials, it gives me a blank screen inside the app with the token and token invalid. :frowning:

I tried to delete the connection but it says “Unexpected error occurred”.

Any suggestions? Let me know, thanks!

First double check that you can login successfully on ecobee.com. If that works then we can look at other issues.

I actually had to blow away all my thermostats and sensors and just remove the SmartApp. I set it up all over again and going to see if it works with the default settings for now. I’ll see if my sensors temps update. How long do they poll for temps?

Default polling is every 5 minutes. You can adjust that in the settings, but 5 minutes is recommended by Ecobee for polling. More than that can sometimes cause additional disconnects.

Does anyone else have their Ecobee setup with no schedule and then just change Ecobee modes (Home, Away. Sleep) via Smartthings? I recently changed to this and it’s working well.

1 Like