[OBSOLETE] .. Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps

Routines can be more reliable in a way since it will always run even if you run the same routine multiple times. The Mode will only trigger if the Mode actually changes.

Mine doesn’t show minimum fan runtime.

I believe I have the lastest from Github…I’ll go check.

I’m in the process of adding minimum fan runtime support per another user request, so just ignore that. :wink:

I’ve got some errands to run so the home should process “Away” just fine.

Once I’m home later this eve I will post screen shots of phone vs. Ecobee and we’ll see what’s up.

Surely, thanks for your help! LOL

1 Like

Drewbert34, why don’t you replace your “Home” helper SmartApp with a “Resume” one. Set it up like this - when Routine I’m Back! runs Resume Program on the Ecobee.
My idea behind that is the following - I have my Ecobee setup with a schedule for home, work and sleep. Let’s say Sleep mode kicks in at midnight and only listens to the temp sensor in my bedroom. If I come back home before midnight, I would like the mode to change to Home, but if I come back after midnight I would like it to change to Sleep. Using the Resume Program command accomplishes that.

Because my “Resume” would also be “Away” per my thermostat schedule depending on the day. My thermostat has my routine for the week (if you will) and I use these comfort settings to manage exceptions.

Also, Sleep only triggers if I’m already home, so I wouldn’t have a scenario like yours per say as i live alone.

@StrykerSKS

Okay, so I’m home and my “I’m Back!” Routine has run and my Mode has changed from “Away” to “Home”; however, my Ecobee is still stuck in “Away” mode.

Sorry for all the screen shots just wanted to show you as much as I could.

For me, it works with Routines but does not work with Modes.

Problem solved…interesting

1 Like

Then likely one of your routines does not actually change the Mode but runs the routine steps only. Double check your routine that it is setup to change the mode.

That would have to be the “I’m Back!” Routine but per the screen shots it did indeed change the mode.

At any rate it works at the Routine level so that’s what I need. I appreciate your help!

Just curious , which mode is the smartapp looking for? Is it the global mode? I see confusion in SmartAlarm over this and I was wondering if this is related?

There is only one kind of Mode that a SmartApp can listen for. Not sure what a “Global mode” is vs any other kind of mode.

subscribe(location, "mode", changeProgramHandler)

This causes the handler to be activated any time there is any mode change. Then the SmartApp has to match it to the one requested and saved in the settings. Otherwise it just ignores it.

Have a bit of a problem this morning. I got a notification that Ecobee was no longer connected. I went to the smartapp to reconnect but when I tap on Ecobee account authorization it opens but is just blank.

Hold on. I just went to my Ecobee web page , it says they are performing maintenance. Guess that’s why it disconnected and why I smartapp not working.

1 Like

Anyone else getting an error trying to authenticate?

UndeclaredThrowableException",“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Pretty sure I figured this one out…ready?

It was all due to having Harmony actions in my Goodnight and Goodbye Routines.

Both Routines would only perform about half way and then time out.

Took out the Harmony Routines and all did fine on both Modes and Routines.

As always I appreciate your help!

1 Like

It may be related to the system wide issues they mentioned they had today in North America? Nothing worked on my system, no mobile app, no IDE , no nada

1 Like

I keep getting the following debug error in recent for my sensors in the ST app. I set debug to level 0.

Time since last poll? 1.1453333333333333 – atomicState.lastPoll == 1466126662739

I tried removing all ecobee stuff from ST and reinstalling. OAuth is enabled. Should I go further and delete the apps and device handlers and start all over?

That’s not an error, just debug info showing how long since the last poll. It is printed any time a poll happens. Is there something else going on to make you think that it is an error?

Btw, level 0 would be the least amount of debug info and level 5 is the most.

I guess ignore the large number after “==”?

If its not an error, is there a way to hide it or only show when its a true error? Like when the first number is greater than the polling time set?

The long number is a Unix timestamp measured in number of seconds since a specific date, so yes you can ignore it.

I’ll look at the code to see where I’m inserting it and see about removing it when the debug level is set to zero like you have it.

1 Like