[OBSOLETE] LIFX Group of Groups

It should see it, did you add it to webCoRE settings?

Also, if you put your API key for LIFX in webCoRE you can activate the scenes without this DH. This DH is primarily for use with the ST app and Alexa.

edit nvm i fixed it thank you Eric

1 Like

@whoismoses I been using this DTH for a while and love but I only just noticed that it spams my activity feed and Recent log. I assume itā€™s checking the status of the light with Lifx to keep it in sync with ST, but is there any way to minimize this?

Yes, I was actually talking to @ajpri about this last week. I havenā€™t gotten around to doing it the exact way that I want, but the code in this branch reduces the chatter and gives you the option to disable it for most messages. Right now it is one setting for on/off & level.

1 Like

Hey @whoismoses , Iā€™m not sure if this is a new problem but I recently started using a few bulbs that were put away for months (1 year old that kept pulling lamp of the side tables). I had these setup with the Smart Home Monitor to set that group of lights blue when a leak was detected. They would automatically revert to the previous setting when the alert was cleared. Worked perfectly with your DTH.

I just set these up again with the same settings and tested but the lights do not revertā€¦andā€¦the color is more of a light purple. Any insight?

I havenā€™t changed anything recently that would impact this, at least I donā€™t think so. Are the bulbs up to date (firmware)? I know LIFX has had a few releases in the last couple months.

As far as I can tell they areā€¦Iā€™m not getting prompted to upgrade.
I also noticed that the status does not update if I use the Lifx app to turn on or off. If I use Alexa, it updates almost immediately.

I have no idea why I canā€™t get this to work! iā€™ve installed the Device Handler and created a Device. I put my API token in the section of the Device Preferences. I found the Group I wanted to control from api.developer.lifx.com/docs/list-lights and put that ID in the Device Preferences. I also installed the Lifx Sync App, but when I go into in on the ST iPhone app it asks me to set up a master and a slave light; the screens donā€™t look like what Iā€™ve seen in this thread. When I press my ā€œthingā€ button in the ST app, nothing happens at all. What am I missing?

1 Like

@robinogi - Two itemsā€¦

1 - You donā€™t need the Sync app. That is only used if you control the same group of lights with two different DH. Ignore that until you get the device working.

2 - You donā€™t put the group id, you use the exact group name. Case sensitive! See where I have ā€œGroup 1ā€ and the name of my group?

Hi,

Do I have to use the LGoG device handler on every lamp (edit or modify), or do I just need to create new devices for every group with the new device handler?
Iā€™m already using the native LIFX smartthings smartapp.

Kind regards,

Pieter-Jan

At this moment I have set all my lifx bulbs with het LGoG device handler and I created a new device with the devicehandler.
How do I set it so that if I switch the group, all lamps in that group switch on?
My bulbs are already grouped in the lifx app.

Maybe Iā€™m one step further: I defined the Better LIFX Bulb Plus on all of my bulbs, names identical with the names used in the lifx app. Now how should I create a group in smartthings that links two bulbs?
Iā€™m a bit confused :wink:

Found it :slight_smile: one letter wrong in my group name :frowning: Time for experimenting ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just in case you still need this explainedā€¦

The Better LIFX Bulb is to replace the existing LIFX DH for each bulb, but is not required to use LIFX Group of Groups.

You just need on LIFX Group of Groups device per group in the LIFX app.

Tnx! I didnā€™t know that ā€¦

@whoismoses thanks so much for this, youā€™ve really helped make my LIFX bulbs way more useful on my Smartthings network!

Q - Iā€™ve installed the LGoG handler and I also want to get the Sync companion smart app working. How/what should I setup for Master and Slave switches? Thanks!

What is the scenario you want to use the sync for?

Itā€™s purpose is to sync the status of two different LGoG device handlers.

@whoismoses I control my LIFX bulbs using ST, Lifx app, and HomeKit. I was thinking the Sync App would help keep the state of the bulbs updated in ST if I happen to use one of the other apps to change them.

I may have been confused. Is that not the purpose of the Sync app?

What exactly is going on here? This started last night every minute on the dot all night long.

Screenshot_20171208-073353

Itā€™s refreshing every minute. Mine does that too.

I think you can change the frequency by going into the settings of the bulb