[OBSOLETE] LIFX Group of Groups

Great…thanks for the quick response. I’ve updated.

Any idea as to why I can’t change the logging level? In fact once I bring up the device setting and hit done…it gives the “required” error. Even if I don’t change a thing.

I’m not sure. It works 100% with iOS, just not android. I’ve tried debugging it before and couldn’t find anything obvious. Here is the code for the settings, nothing special.

preferences {
    	input "token", "text", title: "API Token", required: true

input "numberOfBulbs", "number", title: "Number of Bulbs", required: true, defaultValue: 0
        input "maxWatts", "decimal", title: "Number of Watts @ 100%", required: true, defaultValue: 11.0
        input "powerReportMinutes", "number", title: "Report every X minutes?", required: true, defaultValue: 1

input "group01", "text", title: "Group 1", required: true

(2..10).each() { n->
        	input "group0${n}", "text", title: "Group ${n}", required: false
        }
        (1..5).each() { n->
        	input "scene0${n}Brightness", "number", title: "Scene ${n} - Brightness", required: false
            input "scene0${n}Color", "text", title: "Scene ${n} - Color/Kelvin", required: false, description: "Options: white, red, orange, yellow, cyan, green, blue, purple, pink, or kelvin:[2700-9000]"
        }

input "logging", "enum", title: "Log Level", required: false, defaultValue: "INFO", options: ["TRACE", "DEBUG", "INFO", "WARN", "ERROR"]
        input "useSchedule", "bool", title: "Use Schedule", required: false, defaultValue: false
       	input "frequency", "number", title: "Frequency?", required: true, range: "1..*", defaultValue: 15
        input "startHour", "number", title: "Schedule Start Hour", required: true, range: "0..23", defaultValue: 7
        input "endHour", "number", title: "Schedule End Hour", required: true, range: "0..23", defaultValue: 23
    }

FYI - Update from github again, I found a bug I created…

Any using this with WebCore?

I’m trying to adjust the light level and can see the my remote device sending the signal, but nothing in GOG. If I target each individual LIFX bulb it works, but somehow not with the GOG handler. Manually setting level with the app works fine.

I’ve tried the emulated set level and a physical set level.

Here is what I have -

Thanks

Can you post a green snapshot so I can import?

@e8link - What version of the DH are you using?

Version 1.2.4 - Added saturation:0 to setColorTemperature per LIFX's recommendation. (05/22/2017)

I tested out my lights with webCoRE using AdjustLevel (which I don’t normally use) and it seems to work just fine.

Well, I was going to re-check my settings this morning and noticed there was an update for WebCore - performed the update and these same settings are working. The group controls 7 bulbs.

Here is my piston.

1 Like

DH Updated in GitHub. I’ve added the following features…

Custom commands via webCoRE or CoRE

apiFlash - Flash the bulbs and they will resume all the settings before the flash.
apiFlash(cycles=5, period=0.5, brightness1=1.0, brightness2=0.0)

runEffect - Pulse or Breathe the lights and they will resume all the settings before the effect. The “effect” parameter can be either “pulse” or “breathe”.
runEffect(effect="pulse", color="blue", from_color="red", cycles=5, period=0.5, brightness=0.5)

Will u be updating the better LIFX bulb dh too?

Sure, I’ll try to do it in the next 30-60 minutes.

Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to it.

Better LIFX Bulb and Better LIFX Bulb Plus updated in Github.

Added the transitionLevel(), apiFlash(), & runEffect() methods.

transitionLevel(value, duration=1.0)
apiFlash(cycles=5, period=0.5, brightness1=1.0, brightness2=0.0)
runEffect(effect="pulse", color="blue", from_color="red", cycles=5, period=0.5, brightness=0.5)
1 Like

Is Ady working on implementing stuff in webcore for this? Sorry but how do I access these custom commands?

Go into webCoRE ST settings to the device list and “done” your way out for webCoRE to pick up the new custom commands.

Here are some examples of flash…

This will flash the selected light or lights five times, for .5 seconds each flash from 100% to 20%.

This will flash the selected light or lights ten times, for 1.5 seconds each flash from 100% to 0%.

Got it thanks

Can anyone explain to me how to use Scenes with GOG? I disabled my alexa lifx skill to use lifx through ST+GOG but now I lost all my scenes and would like to be able to use them without re-enabling the lifx alexa skill… thank you!

GoG doesn’t do scenes, but…

Try my scene DH… Install this for each scene you want to use on alexa.

Thanks for helping me Eric! I created the device using your scene DH and i configured it but the amazon alexa ST smart app doesnt see it as a selectable device nor as a routine so i’m unable to add it… what am i doing wrong? thank you!

update i added the string capability “Switch” to your code and now it lets me add it but… i dont know how to get the lifx scene uuid… shame on me

You can update from github, there is more you have to do to get this to work. I added the proper methods so this works with Alexa.

To get hte UUIDs, try going to

Run the method at the bottom, make sure to put in your api key.

1 Like

Thank you Eric, it works perfect now! I’ve only one minor little issue left that is… webcore doesnt see GOG devices under physical devices, is that normal? or is it maybe because i didnt add the hub on those devices since they dont need it?