[DEPRECATED] Updated Ecobee Suite, v1.4.0 (Free)

Yes oAuth is enabled…followed your instructions to the letter. Kyparamedic confirmed that he is also having the same error message from Ecobee with an older version. If it was a oAuth error the message would be:

“error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘authorities’ on null object”

Hey @storageanarchy just a quick note I’m having the same problem as @RonV42 . I decided to do a fresh install deleting all my ecobee devices from SmartThings, including the entire Ecobee Suite and all the devices and all the SmartApps, including the master instance of Ecobee Suite Manager.

Then, when adding in a new instance in, I click to authorize, and get the same error @RonV42 got:

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occured.”}

Edit: in case it helps with debugging, I am able to see the app registration show up on the ecobee website under the “My Apps” section. So, the SmartApp is correctly requesting and presumably also receiving the authorization from ecobee.

1 Like

I updated to the most recent version and had my devices go offline. When trying to reauthorize the Ecobee connection I get the same message as well.

1 Like

I’m getting the same error as well…

Hi,

I believe my internet shut down briefly tonight and my Ecobee became unavailable. It is up to date and was working fine over the weekend. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you

mine is still not connecting, something must have broke today around noon.

I don’t think anything broke. I haven’t updated my give and it can’t connect to my ecobee either. There’s probably something wrong with ecobee’s API.

Mine happened at about 12:30 Eastern according to my logs. I submitted a ticket to ecobee.

I tested the same connection path with IFTTT and there is no issue from there.

My apologies, but I don’t know what is going on here. Some people (including me) are working fine, while others are having problems - most of these seem to be trying to re-authorize and getting errors.

Possibly there is some issue with Ecobee’s Cloud/API servers.

Has anyone tried installing the stock SmartThing/Ecobee support today? They use a different App token, but otherwise they work the same.

Any ideas, @StrykerSKS?

1 Like

Hello, I use the yvesracine version of ecobee and at exactly 12:59 pm EST today it stopped working, so I think this is an ecobee api issue.

1 Like

I’m nowhere near knowledgeable enough to know if it is for sure something with the ecobee api but I can tell you, I’ve been having the same issues. In one instance, I got the following error:
{“error”:true,“type”:“com.netflix.hystrix.exception.HystrixRuntimeException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}
The “Netflix” part was weird so I closed the Netflix app on my phone and the error message reverted to the same one @RonV42 is getting. Might that make it something with the phone? I’m using an iPhone 6s with the latest iOS update.

I just did a fresh install from the repo of v 1.4, also having authentication issues at the login stage. "an unexpected error occurred.

I got that error too, I thought WTF… what does Netflix have to do with this???

I’m having the same issue. Mine stopped working around noon which sucked as the ecobee didn’t come out of away mode when my wife got home. House got up to 82 before she called me about it.

my sensor was the first to go if that helps.

OK, I just installed this app and I am getting the 100% identical error that I am getting in yves app. So This is not a smartapp issue, but seems either an ecobee api issue or a ST issue as it keeps hanging up at the authorize ST part after you login into ecobee.

I’m still on version 1.2 and also getting this error.

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Yep, that is the exact error I am getting on yves app, so it is def not a smartapp issue.

ECOBEE OUTAGE NOTIFICATION

It seems clear now that there is some sort of issue with the Ecobee Cloud API and/or the linkage between SmartThings and Ecobee - likely started around 1PM EDT today. The issues have been reported by multiple users of at least 2 (possibly 3) different SmartThings/Ecobee integrations.

My Advice: Don’t disconnect, relogin or try a fresh install. It seems that if you are currently working, it will likely keep on working. If you try to relogin or do a fresh install, you will probably lose your connection entirely.

Best to just wait it out.

Meanwhile, please report your issues to both support@smartthings.com and https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5 Likes

Just filled out a support ticket with the error. From the looks of the verbose seems like they changed something on the API. Will see…