[DEPRECATED] Updated Ecobee Suite, v1.4.0 (Free)

Welp, programsList is not under Current States at all. I’m gonna go ahead and guess that isn’t normal.

Ecobee Suite Thermostat is 1.4.07, and both entries under My Device Handlers are the newest update and Published.

Should I go ahead and remove the entire suite and install again from the beginning?

Also thank you so much for replying back so quickly and supporting this app. If I can get this to work it looks to be leaps and bounds better than the last app I was using to change comfort settings.

temperature: 70
humidity: 41
motion: active
heatingSetpoint: 67.0
thermostatSetpoint: 67
thermostatMode: heat
thermostatFanMode: auto
heatingSetpointRange: [45.0, 75.0]
supportedThermostatFanModes:
[on, auto, circulate, off]
supportedThermostatModes:
[off, heat, auto]
checkInterval: 3900
apiConnected: full
ecobeeConnected: false
currentProgramName: Wake
currentProgramId: smart1
currentProgram: Offline
scheduledProgramName: Wake
scheduledProgramId: smart1
scheduledProgram: Wake
weatherSymbol: 3
debugEventFromParent: sendJson() - {“selection”:{“selectionType”:“thermostats”,“selectionMatch”:“310145774176”},“thermostat”:{“settings”:{“hvacMode”:“heat”}}}
timeOfDay:
lastPoll: Succeeded
weatherTemperature: 77
temperatureDisplay: 70°
equipmentOperatingState: offline
heatMode: true
autoMode: true
heatStages: 1
hasBoiler: false
heatRangeLow: 45.0
coolRangeHigh: 120.0
heatingSetpointMin: 45.0
coolingSetpointMax: 120.0
heatAtSetpoint: 67.0
heatingSetpointDisplay: 67
heatRange: (45…75)
thermostatHold:
fanMinOnTime: 0
thermostatOperatingStateDisplay: idle
thermostatFanModeDisplay: auto
thermostatTime: 2018-04-02 14:12:35

Yeah @FriedOvaries - that should be there.

Before you re-install do this for me, please:

In the IDE:

1. Select ‘My Locations’
  2. Select ‘SmartApps’ under the Installed Smartapps column for your location
  3. Scroll down to the “Ecobee Suite Manager” link and click on it
  4. Scroll down to the State Variable program
  5. Select and copy ALL the text in the box to the right of program
  6. Send that to me in a PM (or to storageanarchy at gmail dot com)

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT

As of 5:00pm EDT on Monday, April 2, 2018, Ecobee Suite Sensor has been updated to v1.4.02

Changes in this release:

• Add/delete sensor from Program operations work again

This is a recommended update for all users, and a required updated those automating sensor add/delete operations.

2 Likes

So far so good on the currentProgram and currentProgramName. My 3:30 program change on the Ecobee showed up in SmartThings at 3:30. Let’s see if the overnight events also come in time and then I think we have a winner. Thanks for all your help with this.

Also I did resave my schedule in Ecobee before applying your changes.

1 Like

Checked my events this morning and the Awake and Sleep events came in 22 minutes late again. The home event was right on time though…

Did you edit and re-save the Awake and Sleep schedules? The code doesn’t do anything differently for different Programs. Also, please double-check that currentProgram and currentProgramName are the same.

You may also need to edit EVERY occurrence of your schedules - edit then copy/paste to the other days. At least, that’s what I did and none of my scheduled changes have been missed for 2+ days on 5 different thermostats (and I did edit the schedules on every single one).

I’m pretty sure it’s an Ecobee issue, as the only explanation I have is that the thermostat and the Ecobee Cloud are working on different versions of the schedule - they’re out of sync somehow. What gave it away was when I started getting currentProgram change notices 5 minutes BEFORE the scheduled change - but only on 1 thermostat - the rest were all up to 55 minutes late. Edit/save, and so far they are all now back in sync.

If you turn on Live Logging at debugLevel 3 or 4, and let it run through a scheduled transition, you should be able to see in the log for Ecobee Suite Manager the first time that the code sees the program change (it checks for a change every single time it does a poll - search for “currentProgram” in the log). The log for the thermostat itself should also show you when it actually updates the state/value of currentProgram and currentProgramName.

Yes I agree there is something gong on with Ecobee. The logs state that the change happened 22 minutes after the actual schedule went into effect on the Ecobee.

I have deleted all my schedules and re-added them back over the weekend as you suggested. But the problem still persists. I am going to create some “fake” schedules and see if those have the correct times on them as a test. I never touch the thermostat do all the changes though the web site. Also I have checked the schedules in the thermostat and they match the web portal. The only option left I think it so contact Ecobee and they haven’t been responsive lately to service requests. Been waiting 8 weeks for them to replace a defective sensor. Lastly there is the “factory reset” which will lose all the house telemetry for rate of heat/cool for smart heating and cooling.

Thanks again for all your help here. Bellow is the current program names:

Here are the results of deleting all my programs from Ecobee, deleting custom comfort settings, re-saving built in custom settings (Home, Away, Sleep) Adding Away, Away 2, and Away 3 custom comfort settings back. Scheduling Away 2 at 10:00, Away 3 at 10:30, and the build in Away for 11:00. As you can see that the 22 minute delay is still there, away 3 didn’t even show up. Any recommendations on how to get in contact with a support person at Ecobee? The ones you get on the phone are not very technical other than for installing and initial setup.

I too am still having trouble with mine. My programs are firing on time on Ecobee (both thermostats have the same schedule), but under currentProgramName it doesnt’ reflect the change until 18 minutes late for me.

I took the chance to remove remove all the devices from SmartThing that Ecobee suite created, removed Ecobee Suite SmartApp, De-register it from my Thermostat with the idea of re-applying it to SmartThings and now when I go for the API registration I am getting a Java Lang exception.

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occured.”}

I am gong to remove all reference to Ecobee Suite and re-download from git tonight into my account to see if this clears it up.

1 Like

@ssilence - have you tried editing & re-saving your schedules on the thermostat or in the Ecobee web/mobile app?

I suspect that there is some issue with the Ecobee Cloud’s perception of when the scheduled program is supposed to start/end, since you can’t set a schedule to start/stop at anything other than on-the-hour, or on-the-half-hour.

If you want to double-check my code, turn on debugLevel 3 or higher and run live logging on Ecobee Suite Manager during the time the schedule is supposed to change. You should see a LOG entry for the currentProgram, currentProgramName and currentProgramId for every poll.

If you see a log entry that changes at the right time, but the change doesn’t get sent to the thermostat to update its Attributes, let me know…

Sorry, I have also had no luck getting through to Ecobee API support…

I am using Sean Kendall Schneyer older version and am also having the same issue with Ecobee connect.

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException — summary

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occured.”}

Must be an issue on Ecobee’s side. I see the application being registered in my user portal but no way to reconnect the SmartApp due to this exception being thrown.

Make sure you enabled oAuth for Ecobee Suite Manager in the IDE.

I’m having the same issue.

dcfcf340-5449-4ff9-9fb2-3b1d4f6f9c87 5:32:44 PM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 7240491736598 @line -1 (LOG)
dcfcf340-5449-4ff9-9fb2-3b1d4f6f9c87 5:32:34 PM: error ___exception getEcobeeThermostats(): org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to api.ecobee.com:443 [api.ecobee.com/216.220.61.235] failed: connect timed out

Have patience - this is normal, and the connection will be recovered once the connection attempt to the Ecobee server stops timing out.

thank you for the fast response, new to this IDE so wasn’t sure if it was on my end. Thank You.

1 Like