[DEPRECATED] Updated Ecobee Suite, v1.4.0 (Free)

Barry,

Thanks. I see the options now for the temp differential. However I don’t get an option to select my vents (says no vents installed). I will try changing the DH to another one to see if it helps

I’ve built the support for the stock SmartThings DH for both EcoVent and Keen vents. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you and I will look into adding “generic dimmer device” support (you are probably the first Keen vent user of my Suite).

The last update didn’t fix the time offset for scheduled program changes in Ecobee showing up in SmartThings. The home program fired at 6:00 am on the Ecobee but didn’t show up until 22 minutes later on both Sat and Sun. Seems to be consistent though 22 minutes offset.

@gbenrus25 Thanks for the welcome.

I too was looking for ways to use my motion sensors to help set a comfortable temperature, as well as being able to set the temperature to a scheduled setting (home, sleep, away) rather than a numerical value via a routine. Yve’s product met those needs. After a few months, I was starting to have issues and as a method of troubleshooting uninstalled it to see if those issues went away. It was about that time the support crapstorm hit and I frankly decided to walk away and stuck with the “out of the box” Ecobee stuff.

A couple of weeks ago Barry responded to an issue that I was dealing with and offered his expertise and suggested that I try his suite.

Still tweaking a few things, but we all know Barry understands customer service.

Happy Easter!

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, @RonV42.

I am working on it as quickly and as much as I can, but I can’t find rhyme nor reason for why we see the program changes being reported at odd times. I have one thermostat that always reports 5 minutes EARLY, which is crazy.

More digging after family responsibilities are completed today…

Do you have smart response engaged on your thermostat? This actually begins heating or cooling early based on current temp, outside temp and past experience with heating and cooling the room. This is so the room is at the desired temp at the time programmed rather than starting heating or cooling at the programmed time. The stat actually learns how long it takes to heat and cool your home.

Barry,

Went to the Ecobee site, set my @Home program setting to 69, saved, then back to 68 and saved. Right at the moment, your app shows 68. I’ll monitor it for a day or two and let you know how it goes! Many thanks.

Any thoughts on when the set point arrows will be functioning again?

Yes, indeed, Ryan, I use Smart Recovery - good suggestion.

But while the thermostat does call for heat/cool well in advance, it does NOT actually change the Program, nor does it change the setpoints - it simply calls for heat (and reflects that in the Equipment Operating State) while all externally visible settings say it shouldn’t be. I actually have to go through great pains to figure out that the thermostat is in Smart Recovery so that I can reflect that in the main multiAttributeTile.

No, I’m pretty sure something is going on since last week sometime - everything used to report Program Changes right on time (+/- a minute), and now it can be off by almost an hour.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, though!

I have no idea…I may have to disable them altogether if they don’t fix them. Are you aware of any other Thermostat devices that use them (and are working)? I see that SmartThings stripped them out of their own Ecobee device handler…

No, I’m not aware of any that are working. I deleted my other Thermostat handlers.

Tony

Damn! Thought I was gonna nail that one. Fun side note… My ecobee app has totally lost the capability to cancel a hold. The icon on the main screen is just gone. On multiple drvices. I’ve been in contact with Ecobee support for over a week and they have no idea what’s going on. At first they didn’t believe me been when I did side by sides of the stat and my phone they changed their tune. Thank goodness for you and ST, otherwise I’d only be able to cancel a hold on the Thermostat itself.

1 Like

Weird.

FWIW, the latest updates to the Ecobee app are really strange and often unstable. I tried setting and cancelling a hold, and it crashed out so that I had to re-login again. Once I did, the hold was indeed cancelled.

Maybe there is some relationship to the Climate Change problem many of my users are experiencing.

1 Like

UPDATE NOTIFICATION

As of 7:08AM EDT on Monday April 2, 2018, Ecobee Suite Manager has been updated to v1.4.16

Changes in this release:

• Program state changes (currentProgram, currentProgramName) are now updated as they occur, instead of being reported up to an hour later.
  • Moved most debugging log entries to debugLevel 3 - level 2 will provide “quiet” status updates, use level 3 to track down any issues, and for sending in error reports/complaints.

NOTE: It appears that recent changes by Ecobee to their API, web and mobile UI has caused some issues with API updates. If you are still getting delayed State updates for currentProgramName or are seeing odd setpoint temperatures (particularly in Fahrenheit), please try editing and re-saving the Program (climate) schedules on your thermostat or via the Ecobee mobile app. I have never had to do this before, but it does seems to clear up any lingering issues.

This is a recommended update for all Ecobee Suite users.

P.S. @RonV42, @ssilence: thanks for the debugging help on this issue - please let me know ASAP if this doesn’t solve your issues with currentProgram.

2 Likes

Barry, congrats on a great software – a couple of things – I just updated from the SANdood\Ecobee-suite fifteen minutes ago, but I’m not confident I got the latest version. The comments in the DTH end with 1.4.07 and the SmartApp tells me it’s version 1.4.13.

But that’s not why I’m bothering you – I don’t know if others are having this issue, but I am still having problems with the otherwise brilliant Open Contacts smart app – namely it’s not notifying me which Contact is Open. So the notification says "[] left open for 2 minutes, turning [[EcobeeTherm: Thermostat]] off.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Each file (App or DTH) is revision numbered separately. At the moment, the latest Ecobee Suite Thermostat is v1.4.07 - you will see this if you click on the configuration Gear icon at the top right of the Thermostat display on your mobile. Ecobee Suite Manager is 1.4.16 as of this morning - again, you see this when you open the SmartApp itself.

As for the name not showing, I just found the bug causing the problem. Give me a minute, and I’ll post the update with the fix.

1 Like

UPDATE NOTIFICATION

As of 11:25am EDT on Monday, April 2, 2018, Ecobee Suite Open Contacts has been updated to v1.4.02

Fixed in this release:

• Now properly displays the list of contacts that are open/closed for HVAC notifications.

This is an optional update for most users.

2 Likes

Hello,

First off thanks for all your work on this great ecobee integration!

I have been trying to set up some automations and I’m having issues with adding and removing sensors from comfort settings. I have a piston in WebCore to add and remove a specific sensor from my home comfort setting based on motion. My pistons appear to be firing properly but when I check the comfort setting in the Ecobee app after nothing is changed. This is happening for both adding and removing the sensors.

Here is my log from WebCore:
Executed [EcobeeSensor: Basement (****)].deleteSensorFromHome

Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding what this option is supposed to do?

Thanks!

@storageanarchy,

I have the Ecobee3 and I just installed 1.4.14 for the first time last night, and just updated to 1.4.16. I am using the 1.4.01 Routines Helper to set to Away/Home when the goodbye/I’m back routines are executed.

I haven’t been able to get Comfort Settings to change to or from Away/Home at all.
I get the following error when I execute the routine, or when I try to set the Ecobee comfort setting into Away manually through ST.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. @line 2036 (setThermostatProgram)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

No, it’s probably something I did wrong.

Could you please capture the Live Logging log for the sensor in question and send that to be via PM?

It would appear that one of the Thermostat’s attributes (programsList) was not initialized properly when you installed it. Verify its current value in the IDE by going to My Devices/thermostatName and checking to see the value of programsList in the listed “Current States”.

Also check the version number of your Ecobee Suite Thermostat device - the latest is 1.4.07

If the thermostat is updating properly on your mobile device, then there shouldn’t be any way for this to happen. You can try a forcedd complete update of the thermostat:

• press the “Bee” icon/button on the DTH
  • Wait for the Bee to reappear
  • Press it again within no more than 4 seconds

Wait a minute or two, then check the Current States for the Thermostat device again - programsList should be a string that looks like: [“Away”, “Home”, “Sleep”, “Awake”] - let me know what yours says…