[OBSOLETE] - Universal ZigBee Lock DTH with Lock Codes

** Version 1.6a Released. Added fingerprint for Yale YRD226 and YRD246 locks.

** If you are using a version prior to 0.7a, after upgrade, you must remove and re-add your lock to SmartThings. For fresh installs and all others, hit force reconfigure in the mobile app once after installation.

Added Features:
Setting/Deleting/Updating Lock User Codes as well as reporting their use to lock manager SmartApps. Enhanced lock action status: jammed lock, used code information, manual/remote notification.
Yale Locks Only: Volume, AutoLock, Privacy Mode, Wrong Code Entry Limit, Invalid Code Entry Lockout Time, and One Touch Locking are all configurable.

This DTH has fully implemented the following commands:
command ā€œresetTamperAlertā€
command ā€œsetCodeā€
command ā€œdeleteCodeā€
command ā€œrequestCodeā€*
command ā€œupdateCodeā€
command ā€œreloadAllCodesā€*
command ā€œdeleteAllCodesā€

Yale Locks Only:
command ā€œenableAutolockā€
command ā€œdisableAutolockā€
command ā€œenableOneTouchā€
command ā€œdisableOneTouchā€
command ā€œenableKeypadā€
command ā€œdisableKeypadā€
command ā€œenablePrivacyButtonā€
command ā€œdisablePrivacyButtonā€
command ā€œenableInternalLEDā€
command ā€œdisableInternalLEDā€
command ā€œenableAudioā€
command ā€œenableAudioLowā€
command ā€œenableAudioHighā€
command ā€œdisableAudioā€

*Unfortunately due to limitations of the manufacturerā€™s implementation, I cannot retrieve codes directly from the lock. Any code set outside of SmartThings will report as unknown.

The code can be found here or from my GitHub jhamstead/jhamstead

How toā€¦Add Device Handler:
Navigate to: SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things. or
SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.
Click ā€˜New SmartDeviceā€™ in the upper right.
Click ā€˜From Codeā€™
Paste the code from the link (github) above into the text area:
Click ā€˜Createā€™
Click ā€˜Saveā€™
Click ā€˜Publishā€™ > ā€˜For Meā€™
Change lock device handler to new code:
Navigate to ā€˜My Devicesā€™: SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things. or
SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.
Locate your lock and click on the name in the first column
Click ā€˜Editā€™ on the bottom of the page view
In the ā€˜Typeā€™ drop-down scroll to the bottom and select ā€˜Universal Enhanced ZigBee Lockā€™
Click ā€˜Updateā€™ to save changes

NOTE: Hit force reconfigure in the mobile app once after installation to ensure lock gets the correct configuration.

Enjoy! Let me know of any issues or problems.

9 Likes

Several threads exist stating that the use of runIn is flaky. As I see it, this is a necessity for Yale locks due to their nonstandard HA implementation. However kwikset does not have this issue. In my next update Iā€™ll remove the need for runIn if you use a kwikset ZigBee lock.

Curious as to the process for adding DTH - as weā€™ve chatted itā€™s recommended to delete the device and re add it to force it to use custom DTH right?

but here and on user lock code manager instructions itā€™s as simple as just editing device and selecting the Device type there. Which Iā€™m guessing should work for most use cases.

I pulled this from the lock code manager instructions as they seemed simpler and I would recommend that process once I feel the code is stable. As for alpha versions, I recommend deleting and readding for a cleaner installation, just to eliminate possible holdovers from old code (state variables), though this would require more setup each time.

1 Like

makes sense - good point it is alpha. thanks

Joel - This has been updated to a new version. Hopefully this will resolve your issues.

1 Like

New version Alpha 0.3 Please update the code, then delete your lock, then rejoin it. Too many code changes and old state variables.

If possible, please let me know if the auto lock time works for values other than 30 with Kwikset as I only have a Yale lock to test with.

Thanks!

New update to Alpha 0.4. This is my last planned alpha version. If anyone has a Kwikset lock who can test the additional features, it would be greatly appreciated.

So Iā€™ve been told that Kwikset does not support these additional features (at least they donā€™t in Z-Wave). Iā€™d prefer if someone can verify this before rolling out an update to disable these features for Kwikset locks.

I have another update ready which will disable the additional features that are likely not compatible with Kwikset. This update also streamlines the command and attribute names with @RBoyā€™s Z-Wave DTH. If I donā€™t hear if these features work for Kwikset by this weekend, I will assume they donā€™t work and replace Alpha 0.4 with Beta 0.5.

1 Like

Upgraded to Version 0.5

1 Like

New version 0.5a. I have fixed a bug with user reporting and a critical bug where there was a chance the lock would possibly not report lock/unlock states. Please update as soon as possible.

Hey there. Iā€™m using your code with a ZigBee Yale lock. It pulls data and controls the lock perfectly. My problem is I canā€™t find where to enter user codes in the app for this lock. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks.

Certainly. My code is a device handler for talking directly to ZigBee door locks. It has command methods to add/delete/update user codes but you need a SmartApp to execute those commands.

Two free SmartApps by ethlayer are

And his new version

@jhamstead assuming youā€™re also using the DH with the RBoy app

1 Like

First of all thank you jhamstead, this is good and works for me (i have a Yale zigbee lock). The best thing which i have been able to achieve is customization of user codes remotely. I have some quick questions on the usage so that i can adapt to it better.

When i look at the details of the lock - i see the Lock, UnLock, Battery %, No Alerts, Timed Auto Lockā€¦, One Touch Lockā€¦, Low, Reload, Force Reconfigā€¦

I understand Lock, Unlock, Battery%, but dont understand how to use

1. No Alerts - What does this mean?
  2. How do i use Timed Auto Lock ? if i press that once nothing happens, does it take time for that command to execute?
  3. One touch Lock ? Same how do i know One touch is enabled or disable ? or does it take time for that command to execute?
  4. Volume: Low ??? How do i change the volume ? Does it take time?
  5. Force Reconfig? - What does this do ?

Please help me understand on how to use this buttons?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome and thanks for installing the DTH. Iā€™ve been trying to expand the testing community for ZigBee locks. First, what version of Yale lock do you have?

Second here are the answers to your questions. Let me know if you need any additional information.

1. No Alerts - What does this mean?

If someone enters too many wrong codes, if the lock jams or if the lock sends any other type of alert, such as faceplate removed (have not tested that), an alert will appear.

1. How do i use Timed Auto Lock ? if i press that once nothing happens, does it take time for that command to execute?

So if you press it, it is supposed to turn on/off auto locking with the time delay being what you configure in the settings. If this is not working it is possible your lock did not configure correctly or it is not supported/working on that particular lock model.

1. One touch Lock ? Same how do i know One touch is enabled or disable ? or does it take time for that command to execute?

Mostly same as above. One touch locking is if the lock is unlocked and you press the keypad, the lock automatically locks. Disabled and you need to enter a code to lock.

1. Volume: Low ??? How do i change the volume ? Does it take time?

The volume should toggle between silent, low and high.

1. Force Reconfig? - What does this do ?

Since none of the settings above seem to be working, I would think about trying force reconfigure. What this does is resend the configure commands to the lock for subscription to certain lock attribute/event changes. If they are not configured, your lock will not report those changes to SmartThings. It is really a debugging tool at the moment and should not exist in the final version.

The standard refresh only requests the current attribute values.

Thanks for the detailed response I have a YRD 210 Push Button Deadbolt with a ZigBee ha 2.1 network module. I will try and force reconfigure and then take it from there.

According to documentation I see on the YRD 210, all of those features should work. Unfortunately I only have access to a YRD 240 so my testing is limited. Let me know how it goes. As a note, I am working on adding privacy mode as well.

i forced reconfigure and am able to get everything to work. One more question, the tile shows the text as incomplete it shows ā€œTimed Auto Lockā€¦ā€ and a X on top, ā€œOne Touch Lockā€¦ā€ a house sign with an open lock what do i make out of those icons? and incomplete text ? Can i reduce the font size to see the complete text somehow?