[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

Well it depends on how you configure it. This is the way my modified code works is with the following options:

1. Turn on the Camera Switch or Alarm Mode activate the motion detection feature on the camera. You can configure the camera to take a picture, record a video and send eMail when motion is detected through the preferences. In this case the picture, video etc will be stored based on the camera was initially configured through it’s web interface (SD card or FTP)
  2. If you’re activate the “take picture” command directly through the UI or activate the Alarm “Strobe” through smartapp it will take a picture and show it on your ST app (again I see a 90% success rate here depending upon the connection and platform stability). If you activate strobe in addition to taking the picture it will also activate the motion detection on the camera. Now again if the camera was configured initially to save the picture to a FTP or SD card the picture will be stored there in addition to showing up on the ST app. To me saving it to the FTP or SD card is fail safe option and I always enable it.