[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

What I found out is that the new firmwares Foscam release after their security issues have blocked MJPEG (http) streaming which ActionTiles needs/uses. On my FI9821W V2, when I upgraded to the 2.x.x.120 firmware (Nov 2017 release), I lost ActionTiles video feed and couldn’t figure out why for couple of days until I downgraded to 2.x.x.119 (2015 release) and the video feed was back. All of this did not affect ST app live feed which by the way uses RTSP for HD cameras.

1 Like

ok thanks. How can I force RTSP instead of MJPEG ?

my camera works with following hires stream :

http://admin:pass@192.168.254.22/videostream.asf?

on rtsp following uris does not supply video.

rtsp://admin:pass@192.168.254.22:554/videoSub
rtsp://admin:pass@192.168.254.22/videoSub

ActionTiles does not support RTSP streaming so no luck there. As far as the ST app, as far as I can understand from the code, older SD cameras use MJPEG by default. You may want to revise the code to force RTSP path for any/all settings. In other words, use the rtsp path wherever you see the http path in the code.

The default is RTSP. You can enable MJPEG mode through the ST Mobile App camera device settings page (gear icon).

I’m trying to D/L the Foscam device Handler and it’s asking for a Username & Password.

Anyone know the UN/PW?

you have to pay $15 to get access to the device handler. If your not looking to shell out any cash you could try one of the free generic camera device handler. [RELEASE] Generic Video Camera DeviceType, Yes, Live Video Streaming

EDIT: the price is now $35 for lifetime access

Hi there. I would like to use a door/window open+close sensor to trigger a recording. Is that possible with this Device Handler?

Alarm enabling when away has stopped working…

Hey @RBoy

I just setup my Foscams to save to FTP. Is there any way that when there is an event in ST such as motion or sound detected, it could pull in the image from FTP?

That would be a lot more useful than looking it up manually.

Thanks!

I am using a foscam C1, I’ve followed all installation steps and these additional steps.

The Rboy Foscam Smart App is finding my camera, but ST isn’t seeing it when trying to add a new Thing.

Any advise?

You don’t need to use ST’s “Add new things”, that’s only for Z-Wave and Zigbee devices. The Foscam Camera Manager will discover and install your cameras for you.

I have another question, I have these cameras used with the Smart Home monitor. When the alarm goes off, it should record 1min of video. Unfortunately i get an error about accesss. The username and password I used to setup the foscams are admin accounts.

Ideas?

click the image to see the fill picture

The camera is saying that the username being does not have privileges to makes changes to the camera settings. Check your camera user privileges.

all accounts are set to admin.

Does this feature work on your test lab?

No issues so far with the camera operation. If you’re referring to SHM, SHM doesn’t support custom cameras for video recording and you can’t force a Foscam to record. You can only enable motion detection and if it detects motion it will start recording. I’m referring to the error your camera is returning which is completely different from SHM

I am having issues getting my 9821 to work with this device handler. I can view camera fine on Foscam and Owlr apps. But when look at through the Smarthings app it shows “Active” but when I tap on it it show! I have uploaded a couple screenshots. Admin/pass is correct and so is the IP, any ideas?

Can this move the 9928 to a previously set monitoring position. So if smartthings detects a door or window sensor is activated, it sends a command to the camera to move to position 2 or 3 or what ever…

Yes, it automatically detects the preset positions and load them into the tiles (up to 6 presets with names if available).

You can use the Foscam Camera Manager to move the camera to a preset position on specific events (e.g. alarm or motion detection) (and reset it back to a different preset thereafter).

Alternatively, if you’re using CoRE you can use the preset1 through preset6 commands to move the camera to specific presets.

See this post for some images of the preset tiles look like:

Nice thanks

1 Like

Is it possible to use cameras from other manufacturers such as tenvis?
I have a tenvis JPT3815W that i’d like to use with the foscam app if possible. (have already purchased a licence)

The video stream URL for these cameras is: http://admin:password @ ipcam: port / videostream.asf

Any help to get this camera working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks