[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

Yes I have it setup as described. Local IP in the first field then published IP in the second field. From outside all is fine but within my home I can’t get feed. Interestingly the published IP does not work from a browser from within my home.

Can anyone compare the foscam setup to blink cameras? With blink smartthings support ending, idk where to look, but I know I cant spend more than $90 per camera and need support for outdoors eventually. Would foscam be something comparable?

Quality doesn’t bother me as long as it’s not atrocious. Motion triggered recording would be good and no monthly fee is essential for me. Any help finding a replacement for blink?

Hi @RBoy

I purchased your subscription and I am glad i did it. Thank you for the efforts you are putting into this. I am using the Monoprice 4-in-1 DTH and a couple of your Smart apps.

I am looking at a baby monitor solution. Your DTH/Smart combo on the Foscam seem pretty sharp - but it’s missing one requirement ( and I can’t find any product doing this so far): sound detection.

I would like your app:
1/ to push notifications when sound is higher than xx% (in addition to motion detection)
2/ to allow live streaming of the sound only, and switch camera on/off when I need

I have an old crappy Dlink cam who does it (feature avail from the admin panel of the camera) but none of the DTH or apps I can find on the web does that (and no PTZ). I would a brand new Foscam could this. I’ll buy one based on your answer.

Is it possible?

Thx,
GrandSeb

Sound based notifications can be configured through the device settings in the mobile app. You can set the sound level sensitivity from lowest to highest. Note that older SD cameras are VERY sensitive to sound so even the lowest setting sets off the motion detection.

SmartThings doesn’t allow for selective audio/video tracks.

@RBoy I just installed your DTH and smart app. When I run the smart app the autodiscovery detects my camera and I go through all of the settings and tap save. But when I return to the app no cameras are listed and I have to run through the autodiscovery again. Also, I never see the camera in my list of ST things.

I can’t get the camera settings to save in the Smart App.

Did I miss something?

Did you install and publish the camera device handler? You can open the IDE Live Logging and see if there are any errors during the camera install process, it’ll tell you the issue and likely the resolution as well.

Yes, installed the DTH and published. No errors in the live logs. Once I hit save and return to the app the camera is gone and we start the whole process again.

It may be a temporary issue with the platform. Most common reasons:

1. Are you starting clean (no manually installed cameras and delete all the old cameras if you’re upgrading from the old code)
  2. Are you sure you aren’t accidentally installing a new instance of the SmartApp from the marketplace each time you open it? You should be opening the SmartApp from the Automation Page under SmartApps.

You may want to remove all the code (SmartApp and Device Handler) and start fresh if it’s related to a platform or upgrade problem.

Are you starting clean (no manually installed cameras and delete all the old cameras if you’re upgrading from the old code)

Yes, I just received the camera today from Amazon. Refunded my Blink cameras and trying the Foscam cameras.

Are you sure you’re accidentally installing a new instance of the SmartApp from the marketplace each time you open it? You should be opening the SmartApp from the Automation Page under SmartApps.

Yes, I am opening the smart app from automation->smartapps

Send an email to our support team and we’ll walk through some steps to figure out what’s going on with your instance.

About every other week I loose pan and tilt control for my foscam 760p, video still works fine. I have to go to the device in the ST app and tap the cog to open settings and click save to get it working again. Any idea what could be causing this? Problem started after I updated the DH

It wont installl the cameras all I get is duplicate ip address or port

Hi. I set up the foscam r2 camera in smartthings using device handler. Now I am trying to add it as motion sensor. For that I added foscam manager app and now trying to add camera on it. But I am getting error “Installing camera R2 failed. Please check for duplicate camera IP address and port”.
Is there anything I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the support.

That’s because you already have another camera with the same IP and Port installed in Smartthings.

You will need to REMOVE/UNINSTALL your existing Cameras and SmartApp in SmartThings. Once you delete your SmartApp and Cameras, follow the instructions below to discover and install your Foscam cameras. http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallFoscam.htm

You cannot upgrade the older 2.x Camera Alarm Manager setup to the 3.x version. You will need to REMOVE/UNINSTALL your existing Cameras and SmartApp in SmartThings. Once you delete your SmartApp and Cameras, follow the instructions below to discover and install your Foscam cameras. http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallFoscam.htm

I recently created a a VPN to my home network in place of port forwarding, video streaming works great but now when I take a camera snap then image does not show up in the carousel or recent tab. I didn’t think the VPN would effect traffic from the camera to ST but maybe it is? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Under Motion Detection, Can triggered interval and time interval be added to the either the smart app or the device handeler? The Trigger interval in the smart app is currently ignored and every time i go to armed it defaults to 15 sec for triggered interval and 1 second for time interval.
Is it possible to configure p2p, that way people aren’t trying to hack my camera all the time with having open ports on my firewall. Alarm on my Lorex DVR is always going off as people are hitting the port.

hi guys

Firstly i have to say a massive thanks to you guys for creating this. Now, I don’t currently own any foscam cameras but im looking into install an outdoor system using a few of the Foscam FI9928P cameras.

As you guys probably have one of these in your lab i just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Is this camera supported :smile:
  2. Do you know if i can get a http feed from them so i can display in actiontiles (got a 24" dell touchscreen mounted flush in a wall i use so i wanted to display the camera feeds)
  3. You may not know but thought i’d ask… do you know if the camera support multiple feeds so i can feed to actiontiles AND also record on a file server simultaneously.

not on topic with this but i dont suppose anyone has any real world experience with this camera and its performance. i have watched youtube etc and read reviews and although the youtube material show it in a positive light the written reviews are very mixed.

Thanks

@RBoy can correct me if I’m wrong but the device handler streams video either via MJPEG (http) or the RTSP pathways based on SD/HD and camera model configurations. If your ST or camera settings route the device handler to the MJPEG, then you will not hear audio when streaming video. If the settings go through RTSP, then you will have audio when streaming video. I have FI9821P and on the ST app I have audio which is routed through RTSP but on the ActionTiles dash I don’t, which is routed as MJPEG (http).