[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

@RBoy I have a error on one of my camera and cannot figure out why. I when back and look at the settings and can see nothing out of place. Can you help. Thanks

Open the My Logs in your IDE and look at the log messages coming from your
camera. It will tell you the reason. Most likely a permission problem (you
need an admin account) or your credentials are incorrect.

Yes it works with all Foscams

Either the preset name you’ve entered in the settings doesn’t match what you’ve configured on the camera (if you have a HD Camera) or you have a timing issue (when one works and the other doesn’t it’s a timing issue, the same code is used for all presets). Try rebooting your camera and WiFi router. It could also just be that SHM is timing out.

@RBoy I look at the log and this is the error that I get?

error Camera responded with result -3 -> Access denied

I have no idea what that means? Any Ideas I have remove and readded and still get the same error but camera is still working and I can snap photo.Thanks I don’t know if it means anything but camera is a FI9821 Ver 2.1.

This means the user you’ve entered in your camera settings does not have administrative rights. Since the device handler is modifying the camera settings, you need to enter a username which has administrative rights on the camera otherwise the camera rejects it as access denied.

@RBoy Thanks that was the problem. I happy that I finally starting using your apps. I like them because they are easy to use and work great. Thanks so much.

1 Like

@Rboy - Does this app support https connections to the camera? I tried to setup the https port, but when looking at the live logs, it shows as connection going to http://IP:portnumber
Thanks -

SmartThings does not support HTTPS connections to local devices yet. You can send them a request to help prioritize it.

I still can’t get Smartthings to grab s picture when a alarm goes off. I keep getting unavailable.

If you’re trying to use SHM, don’t it doesn’t support third party cameras. Use the Trigger based Camera Pictures SmartApp in the first post.

@RBoy Just finished installing Device Handlers and integrating two Foscam cameras into my SmartThings. Cameras are R2 and FI9821P v3. Everything seems to be behaving and responding to my commands, BUT…? R2 camera plays nice with everything straight out of the box with all off the settings. FI9821P is the one driving me bonkers. Only way to get live video with it is via RTSP. Works BUT 8 out of 10 times opening live stream inside ST picture is all green. For the life of me I can not get that camera to stream via HTTP no matter what I do and try in the settings. And yes all ports are open, properly routed and such. So, any help would be appreciated. I would really prefer to be able to stream FI9821P via HTTP (same as R2 does it) instead of RTSP due to my Android device treating that stream kind of buggy with those green artifacts. I presume HTTP would work just fine while I can take as many snapshots without any issue even when video coming via RTSP is all green. R2 has never given me green video…

@RBoy @emilijanus I have the same issues. I just downloaded the handerlers and the smart app. I have everything installed correctly because it works in smartthings but just with a video with a green screen . I also have the FI9821P. I have 2 of them and both have the green video issue. Kind of a bummer but the only reason I purchased RBBoy was for my Foscams. I have another Android app that I have been using with my Foscams for a couple of years and it works great and not 1 green screen. The green video is something never seen before ever from my cameras. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes the green screen is an artifact of the ST mobile and phone codec combination. See the posts above for more details.

Best solutions that have worked for the community so far:

1. Reboot hub, camera and phone (all three)
  2. Toggle IR Led On/Off
  3. Vary light intensity (dark / light) around the camera

This this post for troubleshooting help:

We have a really nice surprise and breakthrough coming shortly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ok, now you have my interest peaked!

2 Likes

I hope i includes a fix to the green screen issue many including me are having.

You’ve been asking for it and it’s finally here after months of development and testing.
Foscam cameras now support automatic discovery, installation and configuration. Welcome to the future!

Foscam Camera and Motion Alarm Manager SmartApp - v03.00.00

• Now support automatic discovery, configuration and installation of Foscams
  • Single app used to discover and/or manually add Foscam cameras
  • Now supports separate motion detection actions for each camera

Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - v04.00.00

• Support for automatic discovery and installation through the Foscam Camera Manager SmartApp
  • Support for real time streaming AND control/movement of the cameras for both iOS and Android
  • Automatic discovery of presets for and cruises for HD and SD cameras (no more manual configuration required)
  • Optimized user interface with additional panning controls (9 directional control)
  • Up to 6 presets and support for additional 4 presets for HD cameras (automatic discovery)
  • Dynamic tiles that appear/update/hide based on camera configuration
  • Support for external and internal (LAN) IP address for streaming video on the go
  • Improved responsiveness of cameras operations
  • Added support for simultaneous flip/mirror for cameras
  • Added support for Audio to live streaming (for HD and SD cameras)
  • Added support for blank passwords

This is a whole new way to integrating Foscam cameras with SmartThings. Live video streaming now inside and outside the home. You can add your external IP address/DNS name in additional to your internal LAN IP address for seamless transition. (if you’re having trouble connecting kill your SmartThings app and restart it)

See the screenshots below:

NOTE: You CANNOT migrate your existing setup to this version. You will need to REMOVE/UNINSTALL your existing Cameras and SmartApp in SmartThings.

Once you delete your SmartApp and Cameras, follow the instructions here to upgrade the Code and ReInstall the Foscam Camera Manager SmartApp which will then discover and install your Foscam cameras.

http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallFoscam.htm

1 Like

Great !! @RBoy any recommendation as which camera works better with your app?

Thanks

Hi. They all work great. Each has its own pros and cons.

For E.g. If you’re looking at mounted cameras which rotate then the R2 and 9821 are excellent options. R2 supports 1080p where as the 9821 supports MJPEG video which is required for ActionTiles steaming.

It really comes down to your personal preference and requirements.