[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I have the same issue with the Conexis L1

I had the issue a while ago and contacted Yale and they replaced the unit.
After the replacement it was doing about 2 months on a set of batteries -
not good but manageable. Now it is only doing 2 weeks maximum. There is
plenty of signal where it is. I have two other Yale locks both connected
to ST and they are fine. Just the Conexis which is the issue. I’ve
removed the Z-wave module yesterday to see how long it lasts

Jon

https://mailtrack.io/ Sent with Mailtrack
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype “eskdale”

1 Like

You must have figured out that “Universal…” was for the Device Handler :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had this happen with 1 out of 5 yale assure locks. They sent me a new zwave adapter and it was fine after that (4 of them would last months and this one would only last 2-3 days). (I am using eneloop rechargeble batteries so I know it will not last as long as alkaline and not report the percentage correctly).

I have been dreading the upgrade to my 18month old Kwikset 916 z-wave lock because it was a pain to ge going the first time. I purchased the Rboy Apps and finally added the latest App and DH. I thought I follow the instructions (I know how to copy/past the code to create the DH and App) I reset the lock and thought I deleted the Lock from the IDE because I couldn’t delete it from the Smartthings app. I finally re added the lock and used the new App to set things up and they work but now every time I Lock or Unlock I get an alarm tone. Also when the status LED blinks red and green. I replace the batteries during the reset process.I cant seem to find answers to the alarm tone and red/green blink. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Apparently, the package of batteries were old. I just got new ones and that issue is gone. Should have tried that first. Thanks-

1 Like

My schlage camelot locks never update battery status. I presume this is common

thanks

Question about the Rboy Smart Lock DH and Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Smart App. I have a Kwikset Z-Wave 916 and I just got everything working some what well but i used to get a notification when a specific person opened the lock with their code. That doesn’t seem to happen any longer. Also messages in “Recently” say Door Lock, Door Lock sent setCode command to Z-Wave lock and this happens almost every minute. Sometimes twice within a minute. Is this normal? Thank You in advance.
Merle

I am purchasing a EU version Danalock (Zigbee). but in EU type the lock is turning several times (3 or 4) 360 degree.
And for opening the door it has a final action. Does this DH handle it ?

Thanks,

im having problem with last version of : ( Door Lock Code User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock) all the user lock code not working, where can i find the old version

I’m hoping someone could help me with using this DH with webcore. I have a Kwikset 910 that is working pretty nicely so far.

What I’d like webcore to do is if the Kwikset receives one wrong code entry attempt, it turns on a virtual switch. The virtual switch will arm / disarm my blink camera through IFTTT.

I’ve narrowed webcore down to two options. First is to use the comparison, lock’s “tamper” state “changes to” “detected”. But I think the “tamper” state changes to “detected” after a number of failed attempts and not on the first incorrect attempt. The other option I saw was to use the “invalidcode” state, but unfortunately there aren’t any predefined states to choose from.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

After updating the Schlage SmartApp, you will need to open the app and enter the settings again.

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 02.00.00

• Added support for SHM modes (now you can configure alarm/sensitivity settings for each mode
  • Only allow the user to select locks running the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler
  • Fix for routines based sensitivity settings

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler - Version 04.00.02

• < no change >

IMG_0882

Please refer to the previous posts for details on 03.xx.xx releases

This Device Handler has been tested and verified and optimized on the following lock models:

• Yale Z-Wave locks (Assa Abloy, YRD2xx, YRD4xx, YRL2xx, YRC2xx, B1L, T1L, Keyfree, Assure, Conexis, Touchscreen, Deadbolt, RealLiving, nexTouch)
  • Schlage Z-Wave locks (FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599, BE369)
  • Kwikset (910, 912, 914, 916)
  • DanaLock (V2/V3)
  • August Pro
  • IDLock (101)
  • Samsung
  • Monoprice

Key features include automatic discovery of lock features:

• Lock/Unlock
  • Privacy/keypad control
  • Autolock
  • Audio control
  • One touch/Lock n leave
  • Alarm mode
  • Alarm sensitivity
  • DPS/Door sense
  • Fire/smoke alarm
  • Tamper/motion alerts
  • Emergency alerts (police/fire)
  • Battery life optimization
  • Configuration of parameters
    • Yale -> relock timeout, wrong code reporting limit and dps
    • Danalock ->turn speed, brake n go, turn n go and relock timeout

Copyright © RBoy Apps

I’ve been having issues with my schlage be469 auto-locking since the past update. It worked flawlessly, but now it is a hit or miss… You two Yale locks on the back of my house work flawlessly. I’ve removed the device and still same issue.

That code hasnt been touched so more than likely the z wave mesh. It could be firmware updates or new device or lots of reasons for a mesh to weaken.
Best solution, make sure your lock is no further than about 20ft from a repeater, reboot your hub and repair your z wave network. Also helps if you reset your lock exclude and include it again.

i tested 2 weeks I haven’t install Rboy’s smart app just install the device handler. it about 5% battery drain per week

It only drain around 20% battery after 21days

@RBoy I also am definitely noticing a much faster battery drain than before. I installed brand new batteries in both my doors late last week, and one of the doors is at 42% today and the other door needed new batteries today.

Assuming you haven’t made any changes to your setup, then it’s the lock and the Z-Wave module, esp some lock models Z-Wave modules start to give trouble over time and start consume more battery. Contact the manufacturer to get a replacement module.

The average life of a set of batteries is between 3 to 9 months depending up on the lock model and use.

See this post:

Also had a drastic battery drain recently…coincidence?

1 Like

Yea I don’t think so. I can’t say for certain, but I did upgrade the DH last week to the most recent version…and the battery drain started last week.

I do find it a little hard to believe that it is suddenly a hardware issue, but will track it for a while as I burn through batteries.

My battery drain - 2 weeks on a set of batteries - so have currently
removed z wave module and its been 3 weeks so far and still OK.
I’ve not updated the DH very recently mine must be Oct Nov last time I
updated.
Something is drastically wrong with a 2 Week battery life though

https://mailtrack.io/ Sent with Mailtrack
https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality&

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype “eskdale”