[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

This tells me that it hasn’t read the lock to populate the current information.

Go open the SmartApp in the mobile app and perform a Next/Save/Save all the way through until it takes you out of the SmartApp. See if that refreshes everything appropriately.

1 Like

Just tried that again, but no change. I did that numerous times yesterday as well. Have done a few z-wave repairs also (they went fine - no errors).

After all my troubleshooting efforts yesterday, I thought giving the setup a day or so to settle down may allow it to sort itself out, but I guess not.

The lock seems to be communicating fine - I get timely notifications of unlock/lock status, etc.

I think I’ll just chalk this one up to a gremlin that maybe will sort itself out in the next release. This is definitely nothing I’m gonna lose sleep over, since the all the main functionality still works great!

Thank you for all of your help!

Folks if you’re seeing a bunch of “blank tiles” check your device’s raw description in the IDE under My Devices → click your lock. If it looks something like this:

Raw Description zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:85,73,72,98

pay close attention to the mfr, prod and model, if they all’ zero’s that’s why the device handler isn’t able to identify your lock and the tiles are blank.

This indicates a pairing problem between the lock and the hub. Likely an issue/bug with the firmware. This had happened a few months ago and ST had patched it up, looks like the issue is back but it’s only affecting some users. We have reported the issue to ST’s engineers.

This bug affects the stock and custom device handlers as that information is used by all device handlers.
Report it to ST support if you’d like, however if the current solution from ST is to exclude and repair the device until it doesn’t show 0000.

Meanwhile we’ll be releasing an updated device handler shortly to workaround this issue.

1 Like

Good call - yep, that nailed it!!!

Thank you so much for your prompt & very thorough response. Subscribing to your services is the best $35 I’ve spent in Home Automation, no doubt!!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

To update the rest of the community here, RBoy’s newly updated DH fixed the issue for me - all the tiles are now back displaying properly!

Thank you RBoy and team for your awesomeness!

3 Likes

Update with patch for ST firmware bug:

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler - Version 04.00.02

• Now supports integration with Smart Locks
  • Added support for Samsung Z-Wave locks
  • Fixed audio on/off tiles for Yale commercials/residential locks
  • Various improvements to improve code programming reliability and reporting

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.02

• < no change >

Please refer to the previous posts for details on 03.xx.xx releases

This Device Handler has been tested and verified and optimized on the following lock models:

• Yale Z-Wave locks (Assa Abloy, YRD2xx, YRD4xx, YRL2xx, YRC2xx, B1L, T1L, Keyfree, Assure, Conexis, Touchscreen, Deadbolt, RealLiving, nexTouch)
  • Schlage Z-Wave locks (FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599, BE369)
  • Kwikset (910, 912, 914, 916)
  • DanaLock (V2/V3)
  • August Pro
  • IDLock (101)
  • Samsung
  • Monoprice

Key features include automatic discovery of lock features:

• Lock/Unlock
  • Privacy/keypad control
  • Autolock
  • Audio control
  • One touch/Lock n leave
  • Alarm mode
  • Alarm sensitivity
  • DPS/Door sense
  • Fire/smoke alarm
  • Tamper/motion alerts
  • Emergency alerts (police/fire)
  • Battery life optimization
  • Configuration of parameters
    • Yale -> relock timeout, wrong code reporting limit and dps
    • Danalock ->turn speed, brake n go, turn n go and relock timeout

NOTE: After updating to this version of the device handler, click on the device preferences (gear icon) on the top right corner of the device page and then click Done/Save for the device handler to register with Smart Locks. For best performance please exclude and re-pair the lock after upgrading the code.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

4 Likes

Back in Business, that worked with the new handler appreciate it.

1 Like

I’ve had the @RBoy Lock DTH for a number of months and have upgraded each time by simply wiping out the old code in the IDE and then cutting and pasting in the new. I then save and publish for me. Then I go to ST, choose the lock, then the cog and save. I don’t believe I’ve had issues in the past. With the quoted procedure above, it appears that maybe I’ve been doing it incorrectly?

Nope, you haven’t been doing anything wrong. For the most part that has always worked for most people. I think moving forward and with all the additional enhancements that have been made recently (compatibility with Smart Locks, etc.), additional issues are possible and with the procedures Maddie posted, you will ensure an even more successful upgrade/update without some of the issues you have seen posted the last couple days.

You are simply switching your devices to the stock DTH while you perform your code updates to the SA/DTH, and then change the Type back to the Universal DTH after saving and publishing. This step replaces the need for opening the device in Things and saving from the gear icon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Although I understood the difference in the procedure, I didn’t understand the need for the change. I’ll keep an eye out for issues.

1 Like

My raw data tile looks like this: zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:003B prod:6341 model:5044 ver:128.22 zwv:3.42 lib:06 cc:22,72,7A,98,86 sec:5D,85,20,80,70,62,71,63

All I show on the Right Now status is Lock/Unlock and a battery status two rows down. Should I reinstall the App and Device Handler in the IDE?

Exclude and repair for best results and update to the v04.00.02 code.

@RBoy was this update supposed to fix the main favorites page for unlocked and locked? I am still having the same issue, locks are unlocked, but main page still shows all locked.

Jason, read posts in other thread. This is a bug that @RBoy has submitted to ST.

1 Like

Always wondered why there are two separate threads for the @RBoy Locks. One for Device Handler and one for the SmartApp itself. Hard to follow everything having to bounce back and forth between both topics.

Wouldn’t it be better to merge the two?

1 Like

I under stand that, but in the post above for the update it says “update with patch for ST firmware bug” So is this the bug that was fixed or a different one.

I gotcha. Further up from Maddie’s post, I think that patch is related to this. Of course I could be wrong, but I think it applies to the following:

2 Likes

Submit a ticket to ST and mention that bug number that RBoy gave. The more traction it gets, the better and maybe quicker they resolve that annoying issue.

That’s the primary reason I have Smart Locks installed, just so I can view/monitor the status from the dashboard when I occasionally open the app.

Worked perfect. Thanks.

1 Like

I think I just got a notification that the DM got updated to 4.0 or something?