[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Well, that was my thought when I was setting it up. I haven’t configured a sensor specifically. It seems to be based on my phone’s location.

I defo haven’t setup another smart app to do it, I spoke to Schlage and they said they don’t have an app to work with their connect lock only their sense lock. For now, I’ve deleted the when home unlock thing completely. I don’t have confidence that it’s not going to unlock the house when we’re out so I’m not taking the chance.

As for the buttons enabled for the relevant lock, in your screenshot, mejfair, you show the Code Entry,Auto lock, Audio on and Touch lock. On mine, the Code Entry and Audio on are enabled. The Schlage lock defo has Auto lock though. If the only features that it can enable on the Schlage is switching entry codes on and off (the only way to open the door) and the audio on/off, then it doesn’t seem like it’s very good if you have a Schlage. I checked the website before I paid and it specifically mentions my model of Schlage so I assumed I would be getting the features that the lock has (adding codes, setting the alarm, sensitivity etc) not just working codes or not and beeps or not.

Perhaps I’ve misunderstood, but that doesn’t seem worth $40

I have a Yale lock, so I am not sure how close your functions might be. I think @rboy could chime in with any thoughts as well. He usually knows exactly what is going on, and usually provides good recommendations on what the problem might be.

I have a Yale Connexis on my home in England. If this worked well I was going to buy a second copy when I return to the UK so anything that makes this work would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Tim, I just responded your eMail regarding the question on the tiles and access history. Tiles (features) are lock and model specific. The DTH queries the lock for supported features and displays those tiles to which the lock responds that it supports. Some tiles like Tamper tiles won’t show up until they are triggered. If you have a Schlage BE469 you should see most tiles show up including Auto Lock. If not then your lock is having trouble with the Z-Wave mesh. Tap the refresh button a couple of times to force the lock to respond to the query requests or maybe consider adding a repeater close to your lock (Schlage locks are known to have issue with the mesh without a buffered repeater near by).

As for the unlocking, you can look at the Recently tab of your device page to see what’s going on. The DTH never sends an unsolicited command to the lock, its job is to provide access to lock features (for manual control or through SmartApps). Commands are only sent by SmartApps (like Routines, WebCoRE etc). As @mejifair has mentioned it could be a rogue/bad presence sensor if you have one setup which may be sending the unlock command depending on your setup. Typically I’ve seen the following reasons for why a lock would unlock itself:

1. The deadbolt is “touching” the door frame/jamb. Schlage locks are very sensitive to mounting, even the slightest touch and it will send a “jammed” signal and unlock the door. If this is the case you’ll see either a Jammed state or you’ll see an Unlocked state in the Recently tab which is reported by the lock
  2. A SmartApp is sending an unlock command. If you’re using a SmartApp like LUM or CoRE/WebCoRE along with a door sensor. Check the door sensor state, if it’s showing as open the SmartApp may be sending an unlock command. If the command is coming from a SmartApp then it will show the name of the app in the Recently tab which sent the command
  3. A Routines is unlocking it using a presence sensor. As explained above if it’s a faulty presence sensor triggering a Routine it will show up as unlocked in the recently tab, but in the IDE events you can find more details about which Routine triggered it
1 Like

Hi

Thanks for the update.

I only have two sensors, one is a Philips hue sensor which SmartThings isn’t picking up. The other is a SmartThings sensor in the kitchen which is only configured to turn the lights off if it detects no movement after 10:15pm. I do remember when I first got the hub trying to configure it to turn lights on when I got close to home. This was way before I got the lock though. The lock only arrived on Sunday and I fitted it the same day. I definitely didn’t link it to any sensors. I thought it was a bit odd when I tried setting up the unlock on your app that it didn’t ask about proximity, but I assumed it worked based on my phone being present and would only work when I was within a couple of feet of the lock.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the activity showing the two unlocks. Both times I was miles away. This first screenshot shows where I was in relation to the house when the first event fired, the second shows where I was when the second event fired, both times I was over 10km away. Even when I originally tried to configure the lights to come on when I got home, it was in a very small area around my home, certainly not as far as 10km away. The screenshot from SmartThings shows that both times it was your app that triggered the unlock.

You say in your mail that it never sends an unsolicited command, but I can’t see how you can claim never. The fact that it can send commands means that there is a possibility for it to send an unsolicited one. I’m not saying this isn’t something I have done, it’s quite possible since it’s a new tool that I’m trying to get used to. What I can say with absolute certainty though is that the phone was with me 10km+ away both times, and so it could not have been something triggering as a reaction to my phone being present.

Is there a log file that I can take a look at? For obvious reasons, I’m not at all comfortable with a device that appears to be unlocking my front door when I’m not around. I’ve removed the proximity stuff altogether for now to be on the safe side.

Incidentally, some other tiles have now activated. I now have the autolock, touch lock, forced mode and Medium Sensitivity tiles. The front door is directly opposite a GE Z-Wave light switch (approx. 5m straight line) which is a repeater. The switch works fine every time. The lock seems to work fine too. I’m sat in my home office which has a notoriously poor connection, and it’s able to unlock/lock the door.
<>

That is correct. In the SmartThings setup, only a User or a SmartApp can initiate a command. The DTH is a layer that sits in between the Requestor (User interface or SmartApp) and the Actor (device/lock). It’s job is translate the request/command (e.g. Lock) into a protocol (eg zigbee, zwave, WiFi etc) sequence which can be understood by the lock. Hence the DTH never sends an unsolicited action since it’s event driven and needs a user/SmartApp to initiate an event.

Yes there are lots of logging options available in SmartThings depending on your comfort level. The most basic and best logging / auditing option is the Recently tab on your device page. Then there is the Live Logging option in the IDE. Also, in the IDE you can also audit the events for each device which includes information about the Requestor and the Actor including the raw protocol data. Most of the times the Recently tab is sufficient to debug things like this.

You’ve isolated the issue in this image. There is a SmartApp or a routine called “Unlock It When I Arrive” which sent the “Unlock” command to the DTH. That’s the Requestor behind your mystery unlocks.

If it’s connected to your presence sensor you may want to check how it’s setup. There are many topics on how presence sensors work and how there may be false positives or triggers leading to unintended actions executing.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

OK. That certainly gives me something to dig into. Something still isn’t right though. I just discovered the user management thing and I’ve added 8 users. I understood that using this removes previous configs, so I wanted to check that it still worked. I opened the door and locked it whilst open. I then tried to unlock the door using my code. The door unlocked fine, but the notification was that my daughter had unlocked it. I checked that I hadn’t made a mistake with the codes and her code if very different to mine. I definitely used my code.

I just tried again, this time with my wife’s code, and it says my son unlocked the door

Tried again with my daughters code and it says my eldest unlocked, and I tried with my youngest’s code and it says my second eldest unlocked. I’ve checked all the codes are they are definitely configured to the correct people.

From our website:

Please reset your lock (optional) before installing this SmartApp and follow this “Clear Codes” procedure the first time you use the SmartApp or when you install a new lock

What you’re seeing is your lock sending the wrong user slots numbers because the codes you’re trying to program through the app already exist in the lock (lock won’t overwrite identical codes). That’s why we suggest resetting the lock or clear all codes before using LUM to program new ones.

3 Likes

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, Delaney, KeyWe and Popp Z-Wave Keypad Device Handler - Version 04.02.12

• Added support for KeyWe models and Delaney ZW300
  • Improved support for IDLock lock/unlock/audio controls
  • Fix for Schlage FE599 firmware bug, handle consecutive unlock events
  • Update battery state when a battery change is detected (some locks report this)
  • Basic support for new ST app
  • More lock models for Yale/Schalge/Kwikset/KeyWe

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 02.02.00

• < no changes >

A SmartApp like Lock User Management (LUM) or SmartLocks is required for programming user codes.

To get real time updates with the Smart Locks dashboard refer to this post

This Device Handler has been tested and verified and optimized on the following lock models:

• Yale Z-Wave locks (Assa Abloy, YRD2xx, YRD4xx, YRL2xx, YRC2xx, B1L, T1L, Keyfree, Assure, Conexis, Touchscreen, Deadbolt, RealLiving, nexTouch)
  • Schlage Z-Wave locks (FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599, BE369)
  • Kwikset Z-Wave locks (910, 912, 914, 916)
  • DanaLock Z-Wave locks (V2/V3)
  • August Pro Z-Wave locks
  • IDLock Z-Wave locks (101/150)
  • Samsung Z-Wave locks (SHP-xxx, SHS-xxx)
  • Delaney (ZWxxx)
  • Locstar Z-Wave locks
  • Monoprice Z-Wave locks
  • KeyWe Z-Wave locks
  • Popp Z-Wave keypad

Key features include automatic discovery of lock features:

• Lock/Unlock
  • Privacy/keypad control
  • Autolock
  • Audio control
  • One touch/Lock n leave
  • Alarm mode
  • Alarm sensitivity
  • DPS/Door sense
  • Fire/smoke alarm
  • Tamper/motion alerts
  • Emergency alerts (police/fire)
  • Battery life optimization
  • Configuration of one time parameters
    • Yale -> relock timeout, wrong code reporting limit, volume level and dps
    • Danalock ->turn speed, brake n go, turn n go and relock timeout
    • IDLock -> volume level, unopened relock
  • Enhanced programming communication for a weak mesh

If you’re looking to capture specific events (e.g. invalid codes) and create custom actions/rules refer to this post.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

1 Like

@RBoy if I copy & paste to.upfate dth will I loose all my settings? I’m at work so im.not sure if i should wait til i get home to do this.
Thanks
Dom

1 Like

I have a Kwikset 910 and just completed the update to Version 04.02.11 of the Universal the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Device Handler and I got the following error message:

“org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateOptimisticLockingFailureException: Object of class [physicalgraph.device.Command] with identifier [958059]: optimistic locking failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [physicalgraph.device.Command#958059]”

I copied and pasted it into the IDE twice and got the same error both times. It seems to be working OK, but was concerned about the error. Any insights are welcome. In case it matters, I’m using version 07.08.02 of your Lock User Management SmartApp.

1 Like

The platform is having an outage with the IDE, it’s affecting all custom DTH’s (apparently Z-Wave specific): org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC rollback failed

Send an eMail to support@smartthings.com to get their attention, I don’t think they’re aware of it.

UPDATE: The IDE error was resolved by ST this morning

2 Likes

Done (with copy to you).

Update: Support request #661052: IDE Custom Z-Wave DTH Errors

2 Likes

Looks like it has been solved now

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I know it’s less than a few days until the big Holidays.

I’ve had ST setup for less than a few months, but apparently I haven’t dug deep enough to know more about it.

A few weeks ago, my Schlage disconnected from my ST Hub and it took a long while for me to dismantle the lock, factory reset, and then pairing it (which was the biggest pain in the a–! … worse pairing tech than bluetooth.)

In any case, I didn’t quite remember how to rework my original set-up. So for a few weeks, there had been some things that hasn’t worked quite like before… Particularly, auto-lock delay.

So I finally stumbled onto this forum tonight, and I feel totally dumb about not consulting this forum before directly asking the rboy staff for help.

As of this moment, my question is about the device handler for Z-Lock DH.

Why doesn’t the “Universal Z-Wave Lock Device Handler v04.02.11” have configuration for Schlage Locks?

Lastly, I kinda get confused by my trial and error configuration, wondering which setting has priority or may be in conflict with another configuration that seems to affect the same function.

(I’m a bit tired. Sorry if I’m explaining myself clearly.)

-homebody

Blah. I found out my schlage lock was “unavailable” six hours ago.

I removed it from the hub.

Now I’ll probably have to take down the lock and pair it again, add the device handler and smart apps.

I even got a zwave extender a few day ago!

If the lock is operating without issues and the only thing you’re noticing is the “unavailable” status reported by ST then you may want to turn off the Device Heath feature as folks have been seeing this randomly affect their device status.

Also Schlage locks don’t have a configurable auto lock which is why you don’t see it in the preferences page. See this post for a comparison between different locks.

Do this as a last resort.

Device health doesn’t work well (if at all).

4 Likes