[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

It is still working fine, so no worries…I haven’t seen the error at any other time.

But now I know what to do if it keeps recurring…

THANKS!

1 Like

I know in the instructions to install @RBoy apps and device handlers it says you use the classic app. Do they work with the new app? Are there plans to make them work? I currently have both apps on my phone and i’m trying to decide if I should attempt to use the new one or not. If possible i’d just like to get on the new app and get it over with, but if I won’t be able to use rboy’s apps i’ll probably stick with the classic app.

The last DTH update has the following change log “Added basic support for new ST app” so maybe @RBoy can chime in with more specifics.

1 Like

The new ST app doesn’t support customization so most of the advanced UI features that you have access to in the Classic app will not be available in the new app.
As the new app matures we will add more features, for now it only allows for locking and unlocking (basic) UI control. It is recommended to stick to the Classic app for the best experience.

3 Likes

I installed the latest updates but I still can’t get the basic lock functions to work from the device Menu in the new ST app. Any ideas.

It is better to stick with the Classic app until ST works out the kinks in their their new app.
Having said that, you can also try the steps outlined by @RBoy in this post:

or you may need to exclude your lock and re pair your lock.

That worked. Thanks

1 Like

Just got New Hub (v3 wifi). I know the new app doesn’t support the customization yet, but wanted to double check if the Rboy apps and devices types work well with the new hub. I was planning on migrating but on the fence if it’s worth it. Plume Wifi is nice but seems to lack Parenting or user configuration which is standard on most new Mesh networks setups. Let me know what you think…

Hey @RBoy / @maddie! Just purchased the lifetime user membership for the August Lock Pro Doorsense capabilities through SmartThings. I followed all the directions and got the status to show under the lock’s tile but can’t figure out how to have a separate “sensor” show up for it or just in general utilize that open/close status to be used in automation formulas, either to trigger something or to be used as a variable to a trigger. I’m hoping this is possible as I had understood that it was and was ultimately the only reason for the purchase. Can you assist me in making this work? And if it’s not possible am I able to receive a refund (only purchased a couple hours ago)? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

The lock device handler is a multi function device. To explain how it works:

1. Displaying Capabilities - As you seen it shows all the supported capabilities of the lock on a single page (lock state, door state, alarms, tampering etc, unsupported capabilities are shown as blank tiles).
  2. Using Capabilities - The same device can be used in SmartApps for different capabilities. For example, in your case since you’re using the door status feature (in addition to the basic lock feature), you can select your lock with any SmartApp or Automation that supports the “Contact Sensor” capability to use your door open / close status as reported by your lock. The same device can be used with a SmartApp or Automation that supports the “Lock” capability to use the lock / unlock state as reported by the lock. It reports multiple capabilities to SmartThings so it can be used in many different ways simultaneously

Feel free to contact our support desk

1 Like

Is there a way to:

1. Alert each time an incorrect door code is entered?
  2. Log an entry each time an incorrect door code is entered?

Thanks!

The incorrect code event is sent by the lock. How often it’s sent depends on the lock make/model.
For examples Schlage has it fixed once every 4-5 incorrect codes (depending on the model). For Yale you can configure it in the device preference page (gear icon).
The events are displayed on the Recently tab of the device page on your ST mobile app. If you’re using the Lock User Management SmartApp then the app will also notify you when the event is received from the lock.

Thanks for the quick reply! Is this the setting you’re referring to for Yale locks? If so, I appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place, as I would like to be alerted to every incorrect attempt, but I would prefer to avoid shutting down the lock each time it occurs. :scream:

You can request Yale to provide an option to disable shutdown for the lock firmware.
For now you can adjust the settings as you find appropriate, the minimum shutdown period as per the specifications provided to us by Yale is 10 seconds.

Wow, that was fast — he responded in less than an hour.

I installed the Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor app and associated device handler. When I select my lock to monitor, the line above says “Front Door Lock is not using the universal enhanced z-wave lock with alarms device handler, please remove the lock from the monitor list or updated the device handler”.

Lock is a Schlage BE469.

That means your lock isn’t using the custom device handler. You need to edit your device and assign it to use the custom device handler after installing it. You can find step by step instructions on installing the device handler on our website. http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallDH.htm

Does the device handler and and smart app work with the new Smarthings app or we have to keep sticking with the classic app for now?

The device handler and apps work with all versions of the hubs and mobile apps.

Right now you need to use the ST Classic app for installing custom apps and if you need access to the custom UI tiles (auto lock, audio, alarms, one touch, keypad etc) as the new ST app doesn’t support these features as yet.

The new ST app can be used to configure the SmartApps once installed and access the basic DTH UI controls; the internal features of the DTH (additional features, firmware patches, support for new locks etc) will work 100% even if the Enhanced UI tiles are not displayed.

EDIT: dumping cache (incognito) fixed this, never mind. Thanks

@RBoy I just purchased your $38 package and I am trying to install the Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms DH for my Schlage deadbolt. When I click “Update” I get a blank page that does not refresh.

https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/device/update

When I log back into my IDE the device has not changed. I have tried rebooting my hub, and unplugin/pulling the batteries. No matter what I do it will not accept the changed DH.

FYI it will not change to ANY DH, so I do not think the problem is related to your DH, just hoping you might have some insight. Thank for any help you can provide.

EDIT: dumping cache (incognito) fixed this, never mind. Thanks