[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

@RBoy
I’m sorry but I really did not understand both options.

the first one uses existing codes. But where are the existing codes ? On Danalock V3 , I could not find anything to have an existing code. Am I looking at a wrong place ?

The latter one , I already installed but when I try to create a code, it fails.

what can I do ?

Also , What I really want is, prevent usage of unlock button on DH accidentally.

Not sure why you want to do this, but you can edit the Device Handler and change the inactiveLabel from false to true. This will then disable to “Unlock” button from doing anything.

However, if you press Locked/Unlocked from the main screen of the device or the large tile inside, it is still going to Unlock and Lock as this is a toggle function with several states and transitions, so disabling the Unlock button doesn’t really gain you anything.

When a new update is released, you will have to edit again after pasting updated code.

sure, I know how to modify the DH to disable a button.
but this is not what I want to do. I still want to have unlock feature but with a code so that it does not get accidentally unlocked.
for example, the button can be disabled by default, but can be enabled after we enter a code.

that’s something I can handle through DH settings. for now , I just modified the DH to have a mid state:

attributeState "locked", label:'locked', action:"lock.unlocknot", icon:"st.locks.lock.locked", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc", nextState:"unlockingnot"
attributeState "unlockingnot", label:'press again to unlock', action:"lock.unlock", icon:"st.locks.lock.locked", backgroundColor:"#ff0000", nextState:"unlocking"
attributeState "unlocked", label:'unlocked', action:"lock.lock", icon:"st.locks.lock.unlocked", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"locking"
attributeState "unlocked with timeout", label:'unlocked', action:"lock.lock", icon:"st.locks.lock.unlocked", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"locking"
attributeState "unknown", label:"jammed", action:"lock.lock", icon:"st.locks.lock.unknown", backgroundColor:"#e86d13", nextState:"locking"
attributeState "locking", label:'locking', icon:"st.locks.lock.locked", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc"
attributeState "unlocking", label:'unlocking', icon:"st.locks.lock.unlocked", backgroundColor:"#ffffff"

for the other “code” usage, I really could not understand. is it possible to use codes without a keypad of the lock ? if yes, how ?
I installed the smart app from RBoy, and created a test user with a code. Now , how shall I use that code ?

in the native Smartthings “smart lock” UI, on “lock codes” tab I tried to create a code, but that fails. I don’t understand why.

it says “something’s wrong. the lock code couldn’t be created. please try again.”

any idea on this ?

I understand that there are 2 smart apps to use with your Universal Enhanced Zwave Lock device handler.
One is just for notifications and actions for use of codes on the lock. The other one adds management of codes (create, delete, schedule)
That’s good. Since my lock does not accept programming of codes through zwave (that’s what I understood from what you wrote. Please correct me if that’s wrong) , I can only use the smart app for notifications and actions.

if this is all correct that I get, then I wonder if it is possible to use codes within ST app while unlocking the lock ?

Btw, I assume the smart app should be configured with matching username on the Danalock app. For example if the key is assigned to a user named testuser1 , I should configure the username for the first key bank with same name (testuser1)
I tried this on my Danalock V3 but I got no notification when the user unlocked with her Danalock app.
what may be the reason ?

separate question:

my danalock v3 has a “break and hold” feature which holds the latch for 5 seconds (configured ).
and on the native application of Danalock, there is an additional button to hold the latch when required.
If I use this feature, most of the time device handler reports “jammed” state.
I think that’s because the device handler does not support that state in addition to locked and unlocked.
Can we make anything to support that state ? (and possibly add a button to hold the latch ?)

Thanks.

If your lock doesn’t support programming through ST but supports notifying to ST which user was used to lock/unlock (e.g. Yale RFID, August, Danalock etc), you can use the following app to be notified and also take actions based on those notifications:

Danalock has a Turn n Go feature and Brake n Go feature, both of which can be configured through the device configuration page (gear icon).
If your device is showing a “jammed” then it’s because your lock is reporting the event as “unknown”, the DTH is just showing what’s being sent by the lock (it could be a lock firmware issue or an alignment issue etc). You can always capture the logs from your DTH and send them to our support team to take a look.

my lock is Danalock V3 , so I assume it supports which user was used to unlock.
That’s why I use the “user unlock/lock door notifications and actions” app.
I configured the exact user name that I have on my door lock. But I get no notifications including the user name.
How can I test if it is working or not ?
I try unlocking the door with Danalock app using the same user that I configured on the smart app.

It isn’t by name but by “slot” number. Danalock’s current firmware doesn’t provide that information over z wave as yet so you won’t see any notifications for user slots.

1 Like

what do you mean ?
how shall I configure the smart app to see notifications ?
currently I have the user “testuser1” on danalock app and I configured user name “testuser1” on smart app.
But I don’t see any notifications from the app when lock is unlocked with that user through danalock app.
what am I missing ?

any ideas ?

What maddie is saying is that Danalock doesn’t tell ST which user unlocked or locked the door.

ok. so does that mean I can’t use both smart apps ?
because I had though that second smart app (only notifications & actions) is suitable for Danalock. It says Danalock V2 is supported, so why not V3 ?

Speaking out of turn here but just because the app/DTH “support” your lock and (it appears that they do) doesn’t mean the app/DTH can provide any features that the lock or its current firmware is incapable of providing.

I have this app/DTH and they provide more features than my current lock/firmware has the ability to provide. This app/DTH automatically determine the supported features of your lock/firmware and then they go from there.

@RBoy and @Maddie, let me know if I’ve spoken out of turn.

2 Likes

you got me wrong.
I am using the DTH and it perfectly works for me.

But when I try the smart apps, they don’t provide any features to me.
When I ask why I can’T get any notifications from the smart app, I got the answer “Danalock does not send this information”
But this is not clear. Do they mean, “ANY Danalock does not send the information” , or “MY danalock does not send the information”. OR “Danalock V3 does not send the information” ?

Because on the smart app description it says “Danalock V2” , and here, answers from official Rboyapps people, state that for Danalock V2 we can use the second app and it should operate with notifications.

Some locks only report codes used to lock/unlock to ST (e.g. Yale RFID or Danalock V2), for those lock you can use this SmartApp to interface and take actions when the codes are used (no programming)

Now what does this mean ?

I’ll defer to @RBoy and @Maddie, but when they said “Danalock does not send this information” - with no specific model mentioned, I assumed that they meant that none of them currently have that capability. You seem to think that the documentation says that V2 (at least) sends notifications. I’m not looking at the documentation right now so I cant tell if it actually says Danalocks can send names of users (notifications ) or not. One of us has made a wrong choice.

2 Likes

Actually, I am very happy with the DTH. I’d also like to see notifications with user info but that is not a “must”
I just want to know why it doesn’t work with my lock. And if I’m missing something, I’d like to correct…

That’s good because it appears to me, Danalock locks aren’t capable of notifications with user info.

I think the point of the conversations you’ve had with @RBoy and @maddie so far is that the DTH IS working as well as it can with the capabilities of the lock you have.

1 Like

Just tried installing version 4.00.07. When I try to publish I’m receiving this message:

a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)]; nested exception is org.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)]

Any guidance on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Updated SmartApps associated with the device and then tried to update the device handler again and it took.

1 Like

That’s just a way of the platform’s database saying it’s doing something else and try to publish again after a few seconds :wink:

A quick note while saving and publishing, the publish will throw a random error if the save process is still in progress. Depending on the platform server/db load the saving process can take from 1 to 10 seconds. After hitting save, wait until the save is completed and then publish it to avoid these errors. I wish ST wasn’t so cryptic in it’s IDE sometimes.