[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Sounds like it. Seems like it needs a delay or something.

Anything I can help with?

@RBoy I noticed in the most recent update you have reverted back to the “Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms” DH name instead of the “Z-Wave Lock” DH name in the code to work with the stock SA. Is that intentional? Or do we need to go in and manually change it to work every time you make an update going forward?

I am not going to upgrade to this version until I hear.

It’s always been called Universal… In order for the SmartThings Smart Locks App to work appropriately and update lock status appropriately, you have to manually update the name of the DTH to “Z-Wave Lock”.

Did he have a version that was already named that? Unless missed a version in between, it’s always been called Universal…

Everytime we manually update, we have to modify the name in the code again.

Maybe ST will fix that issue in the future where the dashboard updates appropriately regardless of the name of the device type associated to the lock. Seems so hokey :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know what - I guess I assumed that the 2/14 update “fix” was the name update. Maybe it wasn’t?

2018-2-14 - (v04.00.04) Update name to be compatible with SmartLocks

I ended up installing it anyway as I don’t like having an update available and not installed :slight_smile: One of my OCD tendencies I guess!

2 Likes

@RBoy

I know it’s been a while since I had this issue (January 19th), but I wanted to follow up on it since the outcome changed drastically. After the above, I pulled the batteries on my hub for 20 minutes. After starting the hub back up, I then put the Kwikset 912’s batteries back in too and ran (3) Z-wave repair cycles - even though each of the first (2) were successful. Everything then completely settled down and since then, everything - including the Kwikset 912 are running smoothly and nothing has dropped. So, I guess I don’t have a bad Kwikset 912 Z-Wave module and it always pays to do the basics when having trouble. :grinning:

2 Likes

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 02.02.00

• Updates app to work with the new device handler
  • Added automatic code upgrade detection and configuration

After updating the code, please open the SmartApp and click Save for the changes to take effect.
In future this step will happen automatically when the app detects code updates.

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler - Version 04.00.05

• Added support for configuring Yale wrong code entry keypad shutdown time

To use with the Smart Locks dashboard refer to this post

This Device Handler has been tested and verified and optimized on the following lock models:

• Yale Z-Wave locks (Assa Abloy, YRD2xx, YRD4xx, YRL2xx, YRC2xx, B1L, T1L, Keyfree, Assure, Conexis, Touchscreen, Deadbolt, RealLiving, nexTouch)
  • Schlage Z-Wave locks (FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599, BE369)
  • Kwikset (910, 912, 914, 916)
  • DanaLock (V2/V3)
  • August Pro
  • IDLock (101)
  • Samsung (SHP-xxx)
  • Monoprice

Key features include automatic discovery of lock features:

• Lock/Unlock
  • Privacy/keypad control
  • Autolock
  • Audio control
  • One touch/Lock n leave
  • Alarm mode
  • Alarm sensitivity
  • DPS/Door sense
  • Fire/smoke alarm
  • Tamper/motion alerts
  • Emergency alerts (police/fire)
  • Battery life optimization
  • Configuration of parameters
    • Yale -> relock timeout, wrong code reporting limit and dps
    • Danalock ->turn speed, brake n go, turn n go and relock timeout

Copyright © RBoy Apps

2 Likes

I am going to order a Danalock V3. Should I choose z-wave or zigbee model ?

Z-Wave preferably

1 Like

I got the zwave model. And I have downloaded the device handler from Rboy’s site.
What shall I have to do now to install it on ST ?

Check out the step by step instructions on the website:

http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallDH.htm

thanks. I know how to install the device handler. but I don2t know how to map it with the zwave lock.
In fact, I already installed the device handler and to see the user interface (buttons etc) I already created a dummy lock. But only thing I see is “lock” and “unlock” buttons. Is that all ? Isn’t there any keypad features etc. ?

Using ide, go to Devices, your dummy lock, click edit. Change the current Type to Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock with codes or something similar named. (Usually newly added device handler show up at the bottom of the list) Hit save.

Restart app might be necessary cant recall.

The first two screenshots a few post above is the interface you should see once you add your hardware lock to your hub and changed device type.

Device Handlers do not get installed. You take the code and create a new Device Handler in the IDE and then “Publish For Me”.

With that process being done, the Device Handler can now be assigned to any device you have by editing it and changing the Type to the Published Device Handler you created. The @RBoy DH would be the name listed in the post above (Unversal…) and will be located at the very bottom of the list when you select Type.

Secondary piece (optional)

Now that you have that done, if you want that Device Handler to work and be compatible with the Smart Locks SmartApp, then you would need to go into that new Device Handler you created and modify the name of the Handler from Universal… To “Z-Wave Lock”. This will allow Smart Locks to display the correct real time values of your lock(s) on the ST Classic Dashboard.

FYI - If you are going to use the @RBoy DH then you will want to install the Lock SmartApp that goes with those custom Device Handlers. Throwing this out there after re reading your posts and thinking you are trying to add the DH only and didn’t install the SmartApp.

I know how to assign the DH to the lock. But at first I need to pair my lock with St right.
How shall I do that ?
when I try to add a new thing, St can’t find anything new.

edit: ok. I found how to activate zwave on lock

How are we supposed to know that you can’t pair your lock? Your posts don’t say a single thing specific to pairing the lock with SmartThings. All you reference is creating a dummy lock and that you can only see lock and unlock which is because you selected the out of the box Device Handler from SmartThings.

Pairing your Lock initially with SmartThings has absolutely nothing to do with creating Device Handlers from @RBoy. After you successfully pair your lock with SmartThings and it selects the default SmartThings Device Handler then you can go down the route of adding / creating the Device Handler and SmartApp. :slight_smile:

FYI from other Danalock v3 users (quick search in community posts) - Key when pairing “one meter away from hub”.

ok. here’s the full story:

I had installed the DH from RBoy before my lock arrived. And I had created a dummy lock with it to see what is available on UI.
Now I installed the real lock and paired with my ST. it automatically mapped to the DH from RBoy.
I changed the DH name to “Z-Wave Lock” and I can see the realtime updates under smart locks.

However, all I can see on the lock UI on ST is “lock” and “unlock” buttons. The screenshots in above posts are not available in my lock’s UI. Keypad etc…

Is the Danalock missing those features ? If not, what am I doing wrong ?

Also, shall I have to install a smart app besides the DH ?

thanks.

I don’t know anyone who is using the Device Handler without the SmartApp.

Try this. Go into Things in the Mobile App, open the lock, press the Gear icon and then press Save.

what do you mean ?
so if everyone is using any smart app, I should install it. ?
if yes, which smart app ?

Along with a ton of Device Handlers available, @RBoy has a ton of SmartApps available. The Universal Device Handler is intended to be used with the SmartApp shown in the screenshot below:

And there are two separate threads, this one for the device handler and then there is the other thread for the SmartApp (I wish both of these were consolidated into one). Here’s the other thread for the SmartApp itself:

thanks. I installed the app but I still see nothing more than “lock”, “unlock” , “autolock” buttons and battery information on the lock UI on ST.
how can I use user keys, keypad etc. ?