[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Yes the User Management SmartApp can execute a bunch of action on lock and unlock for users including running routines, turning on/off switches etc which should work for you.

I’m having an issue when the keypad is unlocked I also have it disarm the SHM, but it doesn’t do it quick enough and the alarm is triggered when the door is open. I know there should be a delay, but is there something I could adjust? Any others having this issue?

For example i have a open/close door sensor on the same door as the keylock. Once it is unlocked, the door is opened and trips the alarm before it is disabled. Suggestions???

1 Like

Probably better to ask the question here:

AFAIK SHM doesnt’ currently support entry delays. Folks have found workarounds for Exit (arming) delays but maybe you can send a request to ST support for providing an Entry Delay. If enough folks ask for it they just might do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you kindly I’ll download and install today Cheers.

Did what you said and it worked. Thank you so very much!!!

1 Like

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock and August Lock Device Handler - Version 03.05.00

• Added support for Danalock V3
  • Automatically discover and create a new tile for user code based locking, (a.k.a Yale One Touch Locking and Schlage Lock & Leave)

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.02

• < no change >

Please refer to the previous post for details on new features in release 03.04.00

This Device Handler has been tested and verified and optimized on the following lock models:

• Yale Z-Wave locks (Assa Abloy, YRD2xx, YRD4xx, YRL2xx, YRC2xx, B1L, T1L, Keyfree, Assure, Conexis, Touchscreen, Deadbolt, RealLiving, nexTouch)
  • Schlage Z-Wave locks (FE469, BE469, BE468, FE599, BE369)
  • Kwikset (910, 912, 914, 916)
  • DanaLock (V2/V3)
  • August Pro
  • IDLock (101)
  • Monoprice
3 Likes

OK, so I just pulled the trigger on a Yale YRD446ZW (Z-wave and BT). But I haven’t really thought through how I want to integrate this into my smartthings.

Right now I do leverage SHM; when no one is home and when anyone arrives.

I am not super clear on how I can integrate the lock into SHM; I can easily imagine that one could trigger a “someone arrives” event when the door is unlocked. But is there a similar way to trigger “everyone is gone” by locking the door when someone leaves?

Or do folks leverage presence detection to determine if someone arrives and unlocks the door?

What scheme have folks come up with?

You could use CoRE to take actions on door lock events with type keypad

The other simple way is to use this app and define actions for door lock events (external):

If you don’t want to program codes with an app use this app for just running actions when folks lock the door:

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I was just reading up on those.

I initially thought that I could use the lock to help with presence detection (based on who unlocks it) but I think that might be a mistake.

But it seems reasonable that I should be able to make it so the door can unlock when someone arrives and also have some kind of nightly event which locks the door.

Need to think through what behavior I actually want I guess!

@RBoy is it possible to have this DTH pass the lock code 0 for a schlage BE469 lock. I want to have custom pistons using WebCore when the door is locked using the schlage button on the keypad. I see the Door locked with Code 0 in the displayed text “Back Door (Lock) was locked with code 0”, but WebCore does not see the code 0. I just seems to see “locked”. I know I can do a lot of things using the app, its great. What I am trying to do, is set up a routine for when no one is home based on presence. I have workers come by the house and I can do things when the door is unlocked of course, which is great, but I cannot do a specific lock action because I don’t want the same thing to happen anytime anyone locks the door and you really have no way of knowing who locked the door.

If the lock code of 0 could be passed to web core, This would be a very simple piston.

Thanks

Code 0 refers to the Master Code hence passing that would create all kinds of other issues.

The DH does send the source of the event (lock or unlock) which can be used with SmartApps (CoRE, WebCoRE, User Management etc).

When you’re looking at the event,

1. name parameter will be lock or unlock
  2. There will be a data parameter which contains the sub-parameter type, this will reflect the source of the lock or unlock and could be manual, auto, keypad, bluetooth, rfid, remote etc
  3. If it’s an unlock event then the data parameter will contains the sub-parameter userCode (slot number)

So given the above, what you’re looking for in CoRE is to look for event name lock and under the data parameter you’ll look at the sub parameter type and look for keypad, which is your external lock (aka Schlage Lock and Leave or Yale One Touch Lock).

EDIT: You can use the $args variable in WebCoRE [$args.usedCode] and data variable in CoRE [data.usedCode] to get access to that information from the lock event. See https://community.webcore.co/t/finding-event-data-on-an-if-trigger/5855/9

So, I am getting some unreliable behavior with my new Yale Assure lock. It doesn;t seem to correctly say that it is locked or unlocked.

Did I need to do anything special to get your version of the device? I did install the device handler. I don’t recall having any option for which device handler should handle the lock when smartthings found it.

The device shows up as type: Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms

Make sure the lock is no further than 15-20ft from the nearest Z-Wave repeater. That’s the reason for missed events, nothing to do with the device handler. Your Z-Wave mesh is probably weak. If you don’t have a Z-Wave repeater, you should probably get one, it makes a huge difference to the mesh quality and reliability.

So, I move my repeater to the outlet right next to the door, and my ST Hub is just in the next room.

My problem isn’t missed events, it is phantom events. All during the night I see events that the door was unlocked, sent command to door to lock, door is locked.

Currently it shows a status of unlocked, but I am looking at it and it is locked.

You should probably report the phantom events to ST to help track down the source, the IDE can track down the source of the events by looking at the list of events under your device (it will say if it’s hardware or a SmartApp and give the SmartApp id). More than likely all events come from the lock. It could be defective hardware/chip. Have you tried to reset your lock, exclude and re pair it. One user had a similar issue with a Schlage lock not reporting the latest state and lock reset (take out batteries and reinsert while pressing the Schlage button) fixed the issue.

Thanks, I can actually tell from the event what the source is. During the course of the night it occassionally thought it was unlocked, and sometime unlocked manually. All events appear to have the device as the source. I’ve included an example event

I also captured the logs during a time when the polling happened:

Your logs indicate that the source of the events is the lock and the if the state is changing when the platform is polling (can’t tell from the logs) then it would point to to an issue with lock and it’s communication. Did you try to reset your lock?

I’ll try that when I get home

Ended up returning the Yale and just setup my August Pro (works great!).

Is there an app that will alert me if the door is not closed for some period of time, and lock the door if it is closed for some period of time?

If you’re using the User Management SmartApp you can configure the lock action to lock the door after a period of time. You will need a door sensor for it. If you don’t have one already with the upcoming firmware update you can use the August pro doorsense feature.