[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I tried twice with each of my two locks.

Yes that feature is already there in the latest version, you can define presence conditions and schedules. Feature for the SmartApp are being tracked on the below thread, this one thread is for the lock device handler:

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.03.02

• Added support for more Schalge locks and invalid code reporting

###Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.01

• < no change >

###Please refer to the previous post for details on new features in release 03.02.00

Is it possible to add more features to ID Lock? Things like more user, temporary entry codes etc?

1 Like

Definitely, as we get more feature requests and new product updates we’ll keep adding features.

For user management, one time codes, scheduled codes and lots more to do with users check out this app:

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.03.03

• Added support for more Schalge locks and invalid code reporting
  • Added support for Yale lock (Conexis) reporting RFID tags/users

##schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.01

• < no change >

###Please refer to the previous post for details on new features in release 03.02.00

Also see:

Was very interested in this until I saw the price tag… $25/$35 for access? Doesn’t even mention that in your post.

Would be willing to donate, but that amount for a device type in smart things is somewhat crazy…

Seeking users input, did anyone pay for access and find this was worth what is being charged? Thanks!

Spend a few minutes on the website, first page at the bottom (with links to the users)

What our users say about RBoy Apps:

Then head over to our facebook page and see what folks are saying there:

1 Like

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.03.03

• < no change >

###Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.02

• Added ability to check if the correct device handler is installed and notify user if not
  • Update due to change in ST phone app, now you can separate multiple SMS numbers by using a *

Having some problems with my Yale Keyfree multipoint lock for the past few updates.

The lock itself is not reporting it’s current state. When I sent the unlock command from the App, the door unlocks, the device flashes unlocked, and then immediately back to locked… however the door remains unlocked for 60 seconds (as per the hardware setting)

eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:35:34: debug "zw device: 02, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 1B 01 " parsed to ['name':'lock', 'value':'locked', 'descriptionText':Front Door was locked, 'data':['type':'auto'], 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Front Door']
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:35:34: trace Battery 90%
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:35:34: debug AlarmReport AlarmReport(alarmLevel: 1, alarmType: 27, eventParameter: [], numberOfEventParameters: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0, zwaveAlarmEvent: 0, zwaveAlarmStatus: 0, zwaveAlarmType: 0)
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:36: debug "zw device: 02, command: 9881, payload: 00 62 03 01 00 02 FE 39 " parsed to ['name':'lock', 'value':'unlocked with timeout', 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Front Door', 'descriptionText':Front Door lock is unlocked with timeout]
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:36: trace Battery 90%
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:36: debug DoorLockOperationReport DoorLockOperationReport(doorCondition: 2, doorLockMode: 1, insideDoorHandlesMode: 0, lockTimeoutMinutes: 254, lockTimeoutSeconds: 57, outsideDoorHandlesMode: 0)
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:34: debug "zw device: 02, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 19 01 " parsed to ['name':'lock', 'value':'unlocked', 'descriptionText':Front Door was unlocked, 'data':['type':'remote'], 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Front Door']
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:34: trace Battery 90%
eaca288c-cd72-45b4-8a92-ae6d958300a3  12:34:34: debug AlarmReport AlarmReport(alarmLevel: 1, alarmType: 25, eventParameter: [], numberOfEventParameters: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0, zwaveAlarmEvent: 0, zwaveAlarmStatus: 0, zwaveAlarmType: 0)

I just started with STH and added recently the Schlage ZWave. The same I installed I loaded the Device Handler Done by Ethayer and the Lock Manager Smartapp; unfortunately they done allow me to use the Schlage key Keypad to disarm the alarm. Does your app, allow me to do that?

1 Like

Is your Schlage lock paired with the proper mfr listed in the device in the API? I believe what you want should be possible if the lock is paired correctly but there is currently an issue with the secure pairing which causes the lock to show mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 in the Raw Description in the API. If you see that in your device page then the smartapp doesn’t know what the device is or its capabilities so it defaults to the smallest feature set and so the app doesn’t allow the lock to be used for all features.

I have been in contact with SmartThings support and they are aware of the issue and have said that the dev team is working on a fix. But as of yet there is no info on an expected date of completion of the fix.

1 Like

Cam1126 I was trying to solve an unrelated issue. I reset my lock today and reinstalled the Smartapp and DH. I’d just been trying to troubleshoot notifications when you posted as they worked until the reset.

mccord42, I have the condition you describe. In fact, I excluded and re-included the lock as part of my “bare earth” rebuild of the setup. Likely it would have been fine until I went through that process. After excluding the lock, I had a devil of a time adding it back via standard protocol. I ended up having to do a Manual install as it was not detected.

I’ll send ST support a ticket request and encourage anyone else with the issue to do so as well… the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

1 Like

@RBoy If I exclude and re-Pair as described, will I lose the codes and configuration changes I’ve made in your SmartApp?

Try to exclude your lock and re pair it, sounds like it has trouble communicating with the hub. Also reboot your hub. Assuming the lock is no more than 10-15 ft from the nearest active z-wave device/hub.

Yes it does, you will need this Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler for that functionality and this SmartApp:

You don’t “lose” the codes since they’re in the SmartApp but when you reinstall the lock you will need to run the clear codes procedure on our website as the lock database will be junk/corrupted and needs to cleared/initialized. To do that you will need to clear all the codes from SmartApp and re enter them.

Rboy, I had to remove this DH from my Yale Conexis L1 lock as it was draining the battery super-fast.
In one day, the battery dropped from 82% to 69% with very little usage. Had to switch back to a custom Yale DH instead for now.

DH’s don’t drain battery. Something else is going on with your lock. They are only an interface between the lock and the platform to allow the apps and platform to access their features.
In fact if anything this DH has an option in the settings to improve battery life by reducing the polling from the platform. Try enabling it.

Try resetting your lock.

Most likely a SmartApp that’s polling or constantly communicating with the lock causing it to drain. Open your IDE Live Logs and see what’s going on.

If you’re using the User Management SmartApp make sure you’ve run the clear codes procedure after installing the DH and it needs to clear the lock database otherwise it goes into a loop of programming the lock and lock won’t respond because of a corrupt/invalid database. Again the IDE will show you which app is communicating with the lock of the platform is calling the lock’s poll function too often.

Also are you using rechargeable batteries or regular alkaline ones? Rechargeables have lower voltages 1.2v vs 1.5v for alkaline and can play havoc with the battery reporting.

2 Likes

I have 5 yale ydr446 (bluetooth and zwave) and when i click on each of the locks where it shows the status of various items, all of them show that my Audio is On but all the units have the audio disabled (from the lock setup). I have one older qwikset lock that displays the audio as disabled correctly. Anything I should do?