[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I’m using this device handler with a Yale Keyless lock - even with brand new lithium batteries it always reports the battery level as 10%?

The DH reports what the lock tells it. Try using regular alkaline batteries instead and see if it makes a difference.

It says 10% no matter what batteries - and always has done. I’ll get the DH to log the response and see what the lock is reporting tonight.

Hi!
I’m going to buy a Zwave lock called ID Lock. But I’m not sure how it will work with Smartthings

Here is some documentation on the zwave part of the lock:

http://idlock.no/media/wysiwyg/Bruksanvisning/IDL%20Operational%20Manual%20EN.pdf

Can anyone tell me if this can be integrated with smartthings?

They keypad part of the lock will most likely work with SmartThings, the RF part would need a custom DH to program and report

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock and Kwikset Lock Device Handler - Version 2.10.3

• Harmonized the code to be more inline with ST’s standards which will allow for easier reverse integration back into the ST Stock handler code over time
1 Like

###Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 1.1.0

• Added support for contact address book (not yet released by ST yet, future ready)

I assume you mean after I have switched it out right?

Hi @RBoy I have a feature request for you, or maybe I just need some guidance on how to do what I need to do?

I have the Yale Key Free lock, I’m intending to replace an existing door lock and it will be fitted in the next couple of weeks. I have you DTH installed and it;s working well.

Here’s the question… we live in a fairly rural area and the current door lock enables the door to be opened from the outside (unless it’s locked with the key). We generally lock the door at sunset and open it at sunrise, we have quite a few people coming and going during the day so this is good for us. Whilst that will horrify some of you it works for us.

On the Yale lock it appears that this feature is implemented as passage mode, that is the ability to open the door from the outside when unlocked.

What would have been really nice and solved all of my issues is if Yale had done two things:

1. Permitted a permanent passage mode (it gets reset after each lock and you have to re-enable passage mode)
  2. Permitted the disabling of the audio message “Passage Mode enabled” which is heard when you enable passage mode (which you have implemented as Autolock).

So…

What I really need is for the lock to enter passage mode whenever I unlock the door. I’m guessing that you’re going to tell me to use Core to do that???

I’m also left with having to listen to passage mode enabled overtime I set autounlock?

Thanks

Yep you got it! I need to check if there is an API exposed for that or if we need to code it.

I didn’t get your second request

1 Like

Didnt realize you were requesting payment for these. No problem with it, just dont have any money. Matter of fact I have 11 bucks in my bank account right now. Sure wish you had an option to purchase each code separately. Half of the items you have created for arent something I can even use. Cheers!

Second request was could you add an option within the app that automatically puts it in passssge mode when unlocking. Thinking about that though a manual unlock wouldn’t put it in passage mode whereas core. Thanks for response.

So tagging @Andrew_Taylor who has managed to do this, could you share how you’ve done it:

EDIT: I believe that turning off autoLock in the lock enables Passage Mode for Yale.

Hey RBoy, I installed the new app and dh this morning. My old lock manager now shows nothing. I went into the new app and it was blank as well.It never showed the codes that were already programmed.

What do I need to do from here. Id like to get those old codes wiped out or at least reporting for me.

Use this app, this thread is for the DH only.

yep, as per RBoy, I’ve got passage mode set up.

What I did is create a rule where if SHM is in a disarmed state (and again I have various rules that determine this, but not relevant for this topic), the door has disableAutolock() turned on. It does however bark out “Passage mode on” the first time the door is closed after an unlock. Couldn’t work out how to turn off the sound. Well, I could turn off ALL sound notifications but not specify the passage mode one.

1 Like

Thanks. I turned all the audio off but it still states Passage Mode On"

I set up a rule in CORE to turn passage mode on the minute I unlock. Works fine for my uses. I’ve got a bit of tape of the the speaker to reduce the volume of the message. Thanks.

Love the DH and App for locks, but still very inconsistent.

I have 2 Yale locks, one touch and one physical buttons. The touch, which I had first, worked perfectly for a while but now won’t auto relock. The physical button one isn’t working at all. It almost acts like it’s out of ranger but I have a z-wave plus bulb 3 feet from it and dimmer 5 feet from it.

Any way to get these working consistently?

Is it the locks, the DH, or ST itself??

ST + Hub communication. Start by rebooting your hub. The rest is upto ST

I’ve been using the YRD210-ZW (yale push botton lock) for about 2 months now, and I’m currently using Rboy’s device handler and apps, which are great.

A feature request is to hide tiles for features that aren’t supported. I don’t need a tile showing me that the alarm is unsupported.

1 Like