[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

As far as the driver goes, I know my Schlage locks are included in the footprint for the new stock Edge driver. You can check out which locks are supported by looking here:

Still no word from @RBoy regarding their SmartApp Lock User Manager. Minimally, you’ll be able to manage lock codes using Smart Lock Guest Access in the ST apps. All the activities that are associated with general lock behavior and specific lock codes would have to be managed via Routines, Rules API, or 3rd party app like SharpTools until there is a way for Lock User Manager to work in the new architecture.

Thanks @h0ckeysk8er. I mostly use the rBoy app to manage my lock codes (add, expire, notify etc). I guess I’ll have to try using that and the default drivers and muddle something together to get what I need.

Yeah, in the short term, we’re going to lose many of the advanced features found in LUM. Going to make it harder for me since I have locks on my short term rentals and use mode changing and lock code expiration based on certain lock codes regularly. Hoping we’ll see a return on LUM in the near term.

While I understand and support why SmartThings is moving to Edge/Lua and local execution it seems the whole transition and what is needed for new Edge drivers hasn’t been properly considered which is a shame.

1 Like

Sorry to ask, but I have not messed with the IDE in years - so to switch to the edge drivers, do we have to do anything or will it just change on the 31st? I am using the app and device handler from rboy.

Here is an FAQ from Smartthings on that: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/9339624925204

Wait… does this mean our Rboy Schlage apps will work to some extend after end of 2022 without us doing anything about it?

I’ve never had this issue and I have 40 of these locks.

All of a sudden some Yale assure z waves cannot be turned in to auto lock. Most work some don’t brand new ones usually work if they don’t work factory resetting works 25% of the time.

Yesterday one lock stopped accepting codes and I couldn’t turn on the code accept function I got the same error.

Factory resetting worked for that one but now I cannot auto lock,

Any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Lock Driver - Legacy license version

• Support for the new SmartThings platform
  • Supports all the original zwave/zwave plus locks and many new ones
  • Customized UI control for each brand
  • Auto detection of supported features
  • Works with SmartThings Smart Locks Guest Access (SLGA), can be installed from the Life tab in the SmartThings mobile app
  • Routines and scenes support for lock/unlock, auto lock, keypad controls, one touch locking, audio controls, alarm, alarm sensitivity, tamper alerts, invalid code notifications, temperature alerts and more
  • Support for individual lock configuration
  • More bug fixes and improvements v/s the stock driver
  • Improved battery life for some locks

Please make sure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• You will need your legacy groovy credentials to login and install the legacy migration drivers, refer to the migration FAQ page for more details
2 Likes

Do we uninstall the old DTH & Lum?

This is great news! I think lots of folks had given up on anything more from Rboyapps. It sounds like this Edge driver will bring back at least some of the excellent functionality of the LUM Smartapp, but from the Edge driver using SLGA.

Does this driver expose the lock code and code name used to unlock/lock the lock and can it be used as a trigger in Routines (like shown here)?

1 Like

It does report it but routines doesn’t allow you to access right now. We’re working on something to work around that in future.

Does this mean RLA is back online?

Or is this just an update to get rboy beta drivers installed and then apps will be updated later?

Migration FAQ is a little confusing.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s just the driver for SmartThings’ own Smart Locks Guest Access (SLGA) app. I installed the beta driver and am testing it out now. Is there any reason why my Yale Assure YRD226 would be missing most of the options (Code entry, Auto lock, etc.) that used to appear on the device’s main screen, and in that previous post?

Edit: Ignore the screenshot above. The device just updated with the One touch lock and Auto lock buttons, so I’m all set there.

I, too, would also love to know if other changes may be coming outside of this driver. Like, will we be getting more advanced routines, or are we stuck with whatever we have on the Routines tab? Is RBoy creating drivers for other devices like sensors? The current ones available lack the features that his used to have.

It’s just another custom driver for locks similar to the custom driver from @philh30.

Showstopper for me since this already exists in the Edge driver from @philh30. Might want to chat with him about he implemented it.

2 Likes

@RBoy : Are you looking for feedback on the beta drivers? If so, where at?

I removed my Yale YRD226 from ST earlier, and then re-added it using your new beta driver. Twice now I’ve had a weird experience that has not occurred with the previous driver that I was using (your old one, actually). Here’s what I’m seeing:

1. Unlock the door from the inside and leave the house
  2. Manually lock the door by using the one touch feature
  3. Unlock the door using a code
  4. Let the auto lock feature re-lock the door after 60 seconds
  5. 5 minutes later, I get an alert that the door has been unlocked for 5 minutes (I have a SharpTools.io rule setup to notify me of this)
  6. Both SmartThings and SharpTools shows my lock as being unlocked, even though the lock is in fact locked
  7. Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but I refresh the device in the SmartThings app and the lock status corrects itself, and updates the history showing that it just locked itself (when it really locked itself 5 minutes prior)

I just tried replicating this again to see if it was related to unlocking with a code or not, but this time it worked as expected.

If it helps, I have Auto Lock enabled in ST, and in the device’s Settings, also have the Auto Lock time set to 60s. I also have a Routine in the device that auto locks the lock after 60 seconds. I had that with the previous driver and it was never an issue, so I imagine that’s not the problem here.

Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

Nothing to do with the driver. It’s the age old mesh losing packets. Add a buffering repeater and do a zwave repair.

I do have a buffering repeater within 10 feet of the lock, so I’ll give the repair a shot. Thanks!

Edit: Worth mentioning that this is a Monoprice Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug and Repeater, and it’s actually still running your old driver. Is this something I should be unpairing and letting grab whatever new driver ST uses for these plugs?