[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I have a Schlage touchscreen deadbolt and using you app and DH. I have the auto lock set on each lock manually but the default is 30 seconds. Any way to change this?

Schlage doesn’t support configuration of auto lock timeout, see this comparison table:

Thanks. Is there a way to lock my doors when no motion is detected instead of using the Auto Lock?

You’d need to use something like CoRE (recommended) to input the conditions you’re looking to meet and then the actions you’d like.to take place when the conditions are met.

1 Like

Thanks. I just added CoRE but it seems very complicated. Any advice on how to set this up?

CoRE can be a bit intimidating, for those not familiar with it but it is a very capable for doing just about anything you can think of regarding your SmartThings. Getting started is the important part and there are lots of knowledgeable people who can help if you have a problem. Here are a couple links to look over:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/core-for-dummies-how-to-get-started-and-make-your-first-piston/55214

https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-what-is-core/59981/5

1 Like

Is there any update on this? I gave up trying to get my lock working. I see we’re getting a new firmware this week, so hopefully it will be addressed in this update.

1 Like

Lots of new features for locks on request from users.

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.02.00

• Added support Yale add on DPS (Door Position Sensor) module and IDLock Door Position Sensor (built in) which shows the door open/close position (it also exposes the capability of contactSensor now)
  • Added support for Yale commercial locks (e.g. nexTouch)
  • Dynamic tiles for Door Position Sensor (open/close), Fire/Smoke Alarm and Tamper Alert (they will show up automatically if supported/alarm received)
  • Motion Sensor capability has been disabled by default (if Schlage users want to report the Alarm as a Motion Sensor alert, uncomment this capability)
  • Improved tamper detection ability and reporting

###Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.01

• < no change >

IDLock users, most locks have the DPS module installed by default in your locks. If detected, this device handler will automatically enable that feature and the door open/close tile will show up when you operate the doors

YALE users please note, if you have installed the optional DPS (Door Position Sensor) module, you will need to ENABLE that feature in the device preferences/settings page

• Once enabled, the door open/close tile will automatically show up the next time you open/close the door
  • After disabling the option in the settings, the tile will automatically disappear

If you do not have a DPS module installed in your lock, the device handler will report the state as closed by default. If you choose you can safely disable/comment this capability in the device handler (instructions are provided within the code itself).

3 Likes

Just to make sure, from what i could tell from the code the DH results in a poll at the lock each 60 minutes?
Reason is, i am measuring battery life after my faulty z-wave thingy was replaced by id-lock.

:slight_smile:

The polling is controlled by the ST platform and no one has control over the frequency, could be 10 minutes or 60 or sometimes even 5. However the DH has an option to enable power saving mode which basically rejects any poll requests from the platform if it’s more frequently than once per hour. Normal schedule from ST is about every 10-15 minutes for a poll

1 Like

live loging now to find out. thx for info.
Then the result
once every 60 minutes and 6 times:
trace Poll called again to soon, skipping poll to save battery

Thx again @RBoy

1 Like

@RBoy I am having an issue adding back the custom device handler after I accidentally replaced the existing version with the smart app instead of the handler! Ya , I know, I am not too bright… So i tried to go back and fix it and it gave me all kinds of errors, so I ended up just deleting the handler all together. But now when I go to create a new handler, I am getting error codes flashing at me! “Org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException:” is what it is telling me, plus a lot more… Do I need to delete the smart app as well, and just start all over, or what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!!

ST platform errors. Just delete the DH completely, wait for a few hours and then try again. It should clear any platform DB/backend issues with the IDE.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have deleted the DH about 24 hours ago and it still keeps saying this : Org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)]; nested exception is org.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)]

So I am clueless on how to get my functionality back and have tried rebooting the hub and almost everything one could try… It seems like the whole waiting game is still not working for me. Do you still think it’s an issue with their backend servers or something? Thanks in advance!

Yep it’s a IDE/DB issue most likely. Contact support.

+1

I removed the // in code below:
**//**capability “Motion Sensor” // replaced with Tamper Alert (Uncomment this to report as Motion Sensor for tamper alarm alerts for Schlage)
**//**capability “Switch” // Uncomment this to enable Switch capability interfaces on lock

Clicked ‘create’ and BOOOM same error reported above.

Tried to add DH without any modfications and same error.
Easter time zone :slight_smile: so now I’m waiting for ST support 9 am to 5 pm Pacific Time, Monday through Saturday.

1 Like

Just try this, line 123

capability "Sensor" // Door Open/Close state capability for IDlock and Yale DPS

Comment out or delete this line, it’s a duplicate of a line before which may be the cause, funny because it’s working fine here but it could be causing the “non unique/duplicate key” issue. If it isn’t this, it’s likely a DB issue.

Success!

Change per suggestion:

//    capability "Sensor"
    capability "Lock Codes"
    capability "Battery"
    capability "Tamper Alert"
    capability "Smoke Detector" //  Fire/Smoke Sensor alerts for IDLock
    capability "Contact Sensor" // Door Open/Close state capability for IDlock and Yale DPS
    capability "Sensor" // Door Open/Close state capability for IDlock and Yale DPS
    capability "Motion Sensor" // replaced with Tamper Alert (Uncomment this to report as Motion Sensor for tamper alarm alerts for Schlage)
    capability "Switch" // Uncomment this to enable Switch capability interfaces on lock

Device type published successfully.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming the solution has been corrected and version 03.02.01 has been uploaded. Not going to recommend an update since it’s working for the majority of the users without issue and it’s only an issue for some folks while installing the code. New folks will automatically download version 03.02.01 @shojus and anyone else having the IDE error while installing can download the latest version 03.02.01 with this patch.

Non critical update, only for users who are facing issues while creating/installing version 03.02.00 through the IDE:

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.02.01

• Patch for users facing “DuplicateKeyException” error while creating/installing the device handler through the IDE

##schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.01

• < no change >

Please refer to the previous post for details on new features in release 03.02.00:
[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung - #554 by RBoy