[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Thanks RBoy, so I should be doubly cautious about buying a lock from Amazon, which comes directly from the US, as it may use a different Z-wave frequency than the Smartthings Hub I have purchased here in Australia.
Correct?

Correct …

Hi! I’m about to buy one to use with a strike lock. Does it work with Smartthings?

Was this actually resolved?

Don’t know. After I stopped trying to use Slot #1 for user codes, I have had no problems. I stored one of the default codes that came with the lock in Slot 1. I pull the codeUsed and codeName from the $args. This way I have no problems at all and I can reliably know if the door was unlocked manually (key), or using default code#1 or any of the other codes and based on who came in, I can activate certain lights to their rooms after dark.

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave/Plus Lock Device Handler - Version 04.07.01

• Enable real time notifications and user unlock notifications for Schlage FE599/BE369 locks running on hub firmware 0.31.04
  • Added support for Kwikset 913

This DTH update is required for Schlage FE599/BE369 locks running on the latest hub firmware 0.31.04 release. Installing this DTH update will automatically enable real time updates and user notifications for Schlage FE599 and Schlage BE369 locks.

In some cases it may help to exclude and re-pair your lock to enable user notifications from the lock, in most cases updating the device handler and physically unlocking/locking the lock a few times should automatically enable user notifications.

Please make sure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance.

1 Like

@RBoy, Using your latest Device Handler, and with the new firmware 0.31.04, I am finally getting notifications again from my Schlage FE599 Door Lock. However, the displays are not correct in the new app. They appear correct in the Classic app. I have even excluded, and then re-pair the lock (a painful process) with the same results.
It adds a "Contact Sensor"and a “Smoke Detector” in the new app.

Happy to hear it’s got your FE599 notifications working again. The UI issue is due to the platform caching the old DTH layout. The only way to clear the cache and reset the UI is to delete the device, the code and DTH entirely, re create it and then pair the lock. We’re also working with ST on an updated UI for the new app in the near future so stay tuned.

3 Likes

How near is “near future”? Is it like ST near future?

Now that custom VID and capabilities is released, do you plan to bring custom vid for different locks? I see Smarttings use different vid for each device within the same DH in some of their stock DH. Would be great if the app could display what the lock actually supports.

Just a quick question, if I was to delete the lock, lum & dth and repair & reinstall, would I see any new differences, maybe something with the U.I.

There are so many posts and I unfortunately can’t read through them all, I’m in a bit of a hurry to get this lock super cheap.

The ID Lock 150 supports unlocking by using small chips that can be injected into your hand. This is something I want to do.

I just want to make sure that this will work together with SmartThings, ID Lock and RBoy Apps before I run out to get the lock for half price and buy RBoy Apps only to learn that the feature somehow wouldn’t work in this specific combination?

Thanks!

Sound super cool and brave! Where are you getting injectable tags compatible with IDLock? (the default tags are a key fob size)

The device handler can report the usage of keypad users and RFID users (which can be used by apps like LUM, RLA and other apps to create actions and notifications for each user) and also report the door open/close state. It can also control a host of other features (auto lock, audio etc) for IDLock 150. Keep in mind that Smartthings can currently only program keypad users remotely, you’ll have to program the RFiD tags directly on the lock.

For a complete list of supported features for each lock model check out the first post.

I’ve been looking to get the ID Lock 150 a while now and finally I got a great deal on it, for half the price. I’ve installed it on my door but am waiting for batteries to charge before I add the Z-Wave module and pair it with Smartthings.

The chip is small (depending on your definition of “small” I guess), it’s 2x14mm. There are smaller ones at 2x12mm, but the one I’m likely to get is NExT which supports both frequencies - just in case I have a use for both, it’s only 2mm longer.

It’s from Dangerous Things (https://dangerousthings.com/chip-implants-101/).

A short video only showing unlocking with your hand can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwNepi84O0

While waiting for the batteries to charge I bought access to your apps. I’m looking forward to pairing my lock. If nothing else, I’ll definitely report back when I’m chipped. :slight_smile:

First just wanted to say I bought access to the RBOY apps a few months back and they are great. I use this DTH for two Kwikset locks along with the universal lock manager. It works great to provide alerts and I have it in webcore with a lot of automations based on what’s going on with the keypad, command, or manual use of the lock. The one minor issue I have with it (well, major if you ask my wife, lol) is that in the new smartthings app, you can’t just click the lock to lock or unlock like you could with the stock lock DTH. It seems like a minor annoyance, but with the new ST app you have to open the app, wait for it to load, scroll to the lock, click the lock, then look down to find the button to unlock it. Using the new app to open the door actually turns into a process where it is easier to just use the keypad. In the classic app, it is right in my favorites and I just click the lock to unlock or lock, and this is the only thing at this point that has me still using the classic app. Well I just got the notification that “the new smartthings app is ready for you”, and at this point I feel the classic app’s days are numbered now. This is more of a problem with the new app in general and it just doesn’t replicate the “favorites” well of the old app. Long story short, I’ve seen some discussions on the UI and issues in the new app above in this thread. Is there a way to get a button right in the new app (similiar to the power button for switches) to lock/unlock without having to click the lock, wait for it to load, then click the button with the circle under lock state? I saw some mention of repairing the lock, but didn’t want to do that just yet as I think it would need some automations re-programmed and I’d have to take the lock off to move it to the hub. I did just updateto the latest code, and if repairing works I’ll give it a try though. Or, is this a UI update with the new smartthings app that is planned possibly for sometime in the future? Any other ideas for a workaround for single button clicking to open or unlock? I’ve thought about setting up a scene but am hesitant to give a scene access to unlocking the door.

1 Like

The item you’re asking about is a SmartThings platform decision (one I really don’t like either) Even if/when RBoy updates the Device Handler for newapp it likely won’t affect this particular idiosyncracy.

Workaround:
Create a Scene that locks the lock (call it whatever makes sense) and pin that scene as a ‘favorite’ to the top of her main page then do one that unlocks the lock as well…

Thanks Nathan, I know there are a lot of things about the new App that are not great, to say the least, which is why I think the old app still sticks around. But the workaround just seems sloppy, see the attached pics for a side by side comparison, and then imagine you are a person with no clue what you are doing trying to go from the old app to the new one. One is simple, intuitive tiles that you click and interact with and can see the instant status of the device, with “pretty colors”. The other has scenes and then the lock changes under them. It’s not intuitive for the user, doesn’t look as good, there’s more clicks to do the same thing, and for a “new app” it is definitely a step backwards. My garage door has the button to open and close it from the tile in the app, so I know the capability is there, and would think it’s just a matter of programming. So if one DTH for a different door can do it, you would think another one can too. That being said one is a “door” and another a “lock”, so this is not an apples to apples comparison and for all I know this is a security thing with locks that can’t be changed in the new app. Until then I’ll just keep using the old app until it stops working. Side note, anyone know how to get rid of the notification “the new smartthings app is ready for you”, lol.!

TOTALLY agree with you - there’s a LOT about the newapp that is well, sloppy. Fortunately - I’ve seen @RBoy & RBoy staff on the beta and developer threads actively trying to figure it out (Thanks guys)

Do what I do when you find somethin you dont like. Feedback (here for RBoy and the stuff they can control - I’m positive if its something they can fix in the DTH, they will - I see them leading most of the CLI customization discussions right now) but there’s something else we can do as users:

1. go to this thread: https://community.smartthings.com/t/get-ready-to-make-the-switch/
    and talk about what’s not working (pollitely) the ST devs are there and they’re listening.
  2. send in feature requests to support@smartthings.com with constructive suggestions

They can’t fix what they don’t know about and if we all rely on the other guy to submit feedback you can bet that dev never gets the message because ‘the other guy’ never did.

I worked for a large software dev firm for ~12 years and I can’t tell you how many times I was told by a customer “I can’t believe you guys didnt know about” (Insert big issue here)

Part of my job was to chase these down, and very often, the problem was nobody ever reported it because they all figured it was such a big issue someone else HAD TO have reported it already.

2 Likes

Thanks just posted over there and emailed them. You’re right if Samsung doesn’t know it’s broken they won’t fix it.

1 Like

I agree with the previous poster. The only way to get things done is to do them yourself, basically. You can’t rely on others to report these things. That reminds me - I need to send a support email/ticket this exact thing.

It’s the same for my ID Lock 150, I need to press the lock, wait for it to load, and then press “Unlock”. The tablet I’m using on my wall isn’t especially fast, so that’s on me, but even with my phone and being ready (hearing someone going up the stairs to my door when I’m in the bathroom), that extra step takes time and is fully unnecessary.

I also have a couple of Xiaomi outlets with energy monitoring that I would want to switch from the default “on/off” on the “dashboard” (what is the default page called?) of SmartThings to showing current energy usage. This is very off-topic, but I use those only for energy measurement and always want them on, so I’d like a way to change that too.

Guess it’s time for that email to support.