[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Is there a way to update the alarm mode type when I click on it nothing happens. I set it to forced on the schlage connect itself, clicking the button in Smartthings yields some dots under and stays forced mode

First time it’ll take some time to update. Once it syncs up it should work within a few seconds of clicking the button depending upon the response time of the lock/hub. If not your lock may have problems communicating with you hub. Look at live logging to see exactly what’s going on between the lock and the hub once you click the button. You should see a command being sent and a response received. If you don’t see a response you may need to reboot your hub or bring it closer to your lock (or have a repeater device)

Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor
Version 1.0.2 - fixed an issue where sensitivity wasn’t being updated after the alarm mode was updated
improved options layout

Looked at live logging and see command being sent, no response with alarm toggle, I have no issue with lock and unlock command when sent, it is quite quick, rebooted hub and didn’t change anything, hub is no more than 20 feet from lock.

try to reset your lock - but that’s the issue, the response is missing

Reset directly, i.e. Follow instructions to reset lock to factory?

I would start with a simple battery remove and insert followed by a zwave repair.

One user recent pinged me with severe communication issues he was facing. Finally he did a
Complete factory reset, repair and everything worked perfectly after that.

I factory reset the lock and connected again. I know see a command being sent for alarm toggle, the device says name lock status, and then a value of alarm off/null. It does not change the status of the lock still.

Post your model number and logs please

be469nx

DEVICE lockStatus Alarm off/null | Battery 100% Front Door Lock lock status is Alarm off/null | Battery 100% true
2016-01-21 2:33:44.399 PM EST
1 hour ago COMMAND alarmToggle alarmToggle command was sent to Front Door Lock true
2016-01-21 2:33:42.982 PM EST
1 hour ago DEVICE lockStatus Alarm off/null | Battery 100% Front Door Lock lock status is Alarm off/null | Battery 100% true
2016-01-21 2:33:41.119 PM EST
1 hour ago DEVICE lockStatus Alarm off/null | Battery 100% Front Door Lock lock status is Alarm off/null | Battery 100% true
2016-01-21 2:33:40.531 PM EST
1 hour ago COMMAND refresh refresh command was sent to Front Door Lock true
2016-01-21 2:33:38.754 PM EST
1 hour ago COMMAND refresh refresh command was sent to Front Door Lock true
2016-01-21 2:28:16.746 PM EST
2016-01-21 2:28:08.783 PM EST
1 hour ago COMMAND alarmToggle alarmToggle command was sent to Front Door Lock true

Hmm, can’t understand why your lock isn’t responding. Try this. Set the alarm mode manually on the lock to say tamper mode. Then hit refresh on the device page. It should get the latest value. If it still doesn’t I suspect you may have a bad lock.

Yes it updates. That is the weird thing. What should k so contact schlage?

I had an issue with my schlage and it took all of about 10 minutes before a new one was on the way. They did some really minor tests, got my SN and FW version, then shipped me a new one. No return, no fuss. Their CS is really great FWIW. Best part was I didnt even have to replace everything, just the inside portion so it took 5 minutes.

Version 2.4.1 - fixed an issue with the manual refresh not getting the MSR. This affected setup when installing up a new lock and the MSR wasn’t known. The advanced features won’t be enabled until the MSR is verified, this could take upto 24 hours. Now you can manually refresh it to get it going faster.

Thanks for the great handlers and apps! I updated to the latest and greatest handler code about an hour ago to hopefully resolve a small bug in my SHM dashboard related to my Schlage BE469 lock. Would you happen to have an idea about what makes the lock status in SHM show up as 0 instead of inactive? I think this is referencing the motion/tamper detection section in the device handler?

Hmm, maybe the alarm needs to be baselined. What I mean is set off the alarm on the lock, see if it registers as active in SHM and then when it turns off it should go back to inactive. Motion sensors send an “inactive” event even if nothing happens and that updates the status in ST.
With this lock , it never sends the “inactive” event unless there’s been an active event. So for a new lock when setup the status will show as 0 as there hasn’t been any event that’s been sent yet. If that works then I’ll try to put a patch in for so it shows up as inactive when initialized.

Hey that did it. Had to trip the tamper alarm on it one time, and now it’s reporting in ST correctly. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting this. Fixed in version 2.4.2, now it’ll initialize it on a new install
Also, Fixed issues with the battery tile not showing up properly after updating to ST iOS app 2.0.8 (bug in ST app)

I updated and it says the Device type published successfully for me but got this message below it as well:

“Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [physicalgraph.device.DeviceType#98349a14-0479-498f-8892-3ff6049f541a]”

Do I need to do anything else or is it ok?

That’s an ST IDE error nothing to do with the app, just save and publish again in a few seconds.