[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I switched DTH and then logged out of ST app. Then switched back to custom DTH. Then logged back into ST app. This way I didn’t have to delete a DTH. This was suggested to me by Rboy support.

I have the RBoy Universal handler installed, and before I update it to v5, I was curious if I have to rename the lock handler like we used to. I remember having to change a line in the code to get the device to update quicker if I remember right. I think it was “Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms” to just “Z-Wave Lock”? If it matters, I have an older Schlage lock.

With the new code, is there a reason to do that?

Yes. - it’s even in his update instructions.

1 Like

Thanks… I thought I looked but did not notice the mention of that with this version.

Only if you want it to use the Smart Locks dashboard, if you aren’t using that then there’s no need.

How would I switch device handlers? Just copy code from generic wave lock over roboys then copy back? Not sure so thanks for the help.

You just select a different one like Zwave lock in the drop down list when you select edit on the device. Then click update.

I hope that’s the right names I’m just going by my old man memory.

If not I’m sure someone will correct me and bail me out.

3 Likes

Is there any reason why I’m not seeing the code slot used for unlocking my Yale Conexis in the SmartThings history? I can see the detail in the Device Events “displayed text” in the IDE, but not in the tile history in ST app. I’ve tried updating and swapping the device handlers between this DH and the default “z-wave lock”, but still no detailed history. I’m using the unlock notifications smart app and I get the detailed notifications.

It’s a display bug with the new ST app, it doesn’t display that information correctly (not related to any DTH or SmartApp which is why you get the notifications correctly and the information in the IDE). It’s been reported to ST and hopefully they’ll eventually fix it. You could send in a report to support@smartthings.com with screenshots and let them know that History page isn’t showing the descriptionTextfor lock/unlock events like the Classic app used to.

1 Like

Will do. Many thanks.

You are the man!!! You saved me, possibly many more people in the future! I had the same problem, couldn’t see the new UI, then I followed your instruction, and it worked!!! Thanks thanks thanks a billion!!!

1 Like

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Lock Device Handler - Version 05.02.00

• (Enhanced) Programming Popp keypads (requires re-pairing for the changes to take effect)
  • (New) Ability to change code length for Schlage Connect, BE468, BE469, BE469ZP, BE468ZP locks. Note: changing the code length causes all existing codes to be removed from the lock. If you’re using LUM or RLA, these apps will try to reprogram the users so be sure to update the users with the correct pin codes lengths.

Please make sure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• If you’re upgrading from version 4.x or older: the UI may not reflect the new changes due to platform caching. One way to force the cache to clear is to change the device handler to a “Z-Wave Lock” and then back to this enhanced device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If nothing else works, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler and reinstall it if the UI does not update after 24 hours.

@RBoy what is alarm sensitivity and mode?

That is for the built in tamper siren which is currently only supported by Schalge Connect, BE469ZP, FE469, BE469 lock models (see first post). Those tiles should be hidden when not supported but instead, due to a bug in the new ST, it shows as unsupported when the lock doesn’t support it.

1 Like

So I have used this and the smart app flawlessly before the migration from the classic app. Now I am trying to disable autolock during certain times when I have a lot of people coming and going. From the lock settings I am able to change the duration for my Yale autolock 5-255 seconds but I can’t seem to find a way to disable it all together.

Hey there. If you’re moving from the Classic app to the new app you may want to update your device handler to get access to the advanced lock controls, which includes the ability to enable and disable auto lock via the new app. Please see the instructions in the link below on how to clear the cache after updating the device handler.

3 Likes

Is there a version of this that works with the 4th gen August lock? It’s wifi not Z wave.

Hi rboy, Great work!
How can we get the Lock history to display more information in the New ST app? A lot more content is displayed in the Classic ST app, but the new app only shows Locked/Unlocked.

It’s a limitation/bug with the new ST app. While trying to cut down on the details in the History tab they also ended up ignoring the information reported by all DTH’s from the event description like the user name and slot. SmartThings is aware of it, last I heard they were going to fix it to show the name of the user or slot used to lock/unlock from the DTH events but it seems to have taken a back seat. It always helps to let ST support know about it so they can prioritize fixing it.

4 Likes

So essentially, just adding a dummy code into slot 1 and moving the actual codes into 2, 3, 4, 5, etc… fixed your issue entirely and your pistons began to work as expected?

Currently, my issue is that I’m technically code1 in smartthings lum. However, in webcore piston code1 isn’t working. Nothing executes. When i manually unlock the lock form inside with the turn lever it executes the action in my piston for code1. I was under them impression it’s code0. So confusing…