[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I’ll try that when I get home

Ended up returning the Yale and just setup my August Pro (works great!).

Is there an app that will alert me if the door is not closed for some period of time, and lock the door if it is closed for some period of time?

If you’re using the User Management SmartApp you can configure the lock action to lock the door after a period of time. You will need a door sensor for it. If you don’t have one already with the upcoming firmware update you can use the August pro doorsense feature.

Thanks, sorry for the cross-post. Got it.

Had some difficulty with the ST UI (man I hate that thing), but seems good!

2 Likes

So, the time has come to contemplate a smart door lock thanks to a teenager that constantly forgets her keys.

Shopping time! but: which one to get? I searched and found some bits of information but nothing related to my requirements: must be available in EU/Sweden and conforming to these standards & weather. Rboy compatibility required as well, I don’t have the time to spend on complicated set-up procedures. (@RBoy: intended as a testament of your fine work). Key Pad is another requirement and the ability to set temporary codes.

• ID Lock in Norway has a new model out which is interesting.
  • I am not sure about the different Scandinavian models of Yale and compatibility.
  • Dana lock: don’t really like the form factor and Bluetooth keypad.

Any comments/recommendations?

Best regards,
Mario

2 Likes

Hello @rboy. Trying to login in to your website but it’s not working. Just sits there spinning. Would like to get latest code so please help. Thanks!

Is it working for you now?

I just logged in without an issue.

2 Likes

Working now. Thanks for letting me know!

I am experiencing some issue either with the device handler or the automatic lock/unlock app with my August Pro.

Many times it works like a champ, but occasionally the app will report that it has sent code to lock the door, but the door doesn’t lock and remains unlocked until I lock it through some other means (for example using Google Home which then works fine). What is interesting is that I think the status of the lock showed that it was unlocked even though it was locked.

I did update app to current.

That’s a classic sign of a Z-Wave mesh issue. When the mesh is weak it “loses” commands randomly. The best fix is to strengthen the mesh. Make sure your lock is no further than 15-20ft from a Z-Wave repeater. Ideally the house should have atleast 2-3 repeaters (one hub along makes a terrible mesh) spread around. Finally reboot your hub and do a Z-Wave repair to bring it all together. BTW, having repeaters also helps improve battery life of devices.

Yea, it might be around 20ft away.

So what’s recommended; special “repeaters” or just any old z-wave plugs would be OK?

Preferably newer Z-Wave plus repeaters are much better at making a reliable mesh. Some of the older ones don’t do that well and very old ones actually cause issues. Any Z-Wave mains powered switches/plugs etc are excellent options. ZooZ and Monoprice have some cheap options available.

1 Like

So, when I run z-wave repair, I see a bunch of failures for devices. Do I need to be worried about those?

When I have an error in the repair, I usually turn the offending device(s) off or remove the batteries, run the Z-Wave repair without an error, and then turn the device(s) back on or insert batteries and then run Z-Wave repair again. This happens with my GE Z-Wave outdoor Smartplug every once in a blue moon and this process works every time for me.

So I am not sure what devices it is reporting, just says device [3] (3,4,5,7,8) and then it says network repair for z-wave repeater failed.

Looks like everything failed.

I don’t have a ton of z-wave. One smartthings plug, August lock, and presence sensors (one in the house, and one out of house).

Anyone on here know how to turn off auto lock on the Yale keyfree smart lock?

I know how to change to timing, but ideally I would like to NOT have it dis-engage the motor immediately when I unlock the door from the outside.

I have written a small webcore routine to put it into passage mode when the door is left open for 10 seconds, but there must be a way off turning it off completely? I can’t find anything in the manual other than change the timings for Pin relock and Remote relock times.

I use Smartthings Core to put it into passage mode whenever it is unlocked
I also turn off the Audio when it is unlocked and turn it on when it is

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype “eskdale”

Is it possible to get the handler to report the battery status of ID lock correctly?

Auto Lock Off

Auto Lock On

I have YRD120zw (T1L) locks so that is one of my options.

Edit:
What model of lock is yours? If you are using the Conexis (going back and looking at your previous posts and guessing), you might be SOL. I’m not sure if disabling that is a configurable option. If you have YRD240 or 246 that’s definitely an option.

1 Like

I mentioned this before and was told to do a Z-wave repair and it should fix it. However, I’m still having very long delays in turning on the lights. I have custom actions set for users which includes turning on certain lights after dark. It takes 5-10s for the lights to come on after entering a code, and occasionally they don’t come on at all. When I first installed it, the lights would come on with almost 0 delay. Not sure if it’s related but I’ve also found that there are times that events are not showing in ST, like it won’t show that the door was unlocked or locked in the Recently tab in the app. I was thinking maybe it was an issue with the Z-wave signal but I have push notifications set for certain users and those are almost always instantaneous. I’m using a Yale Real Living Deadbolt.

Thanks.