[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I was going to mention some difficulty with AutoLock no longer having the same time settings and seeing DANALOCK and Yale settings for my Schlage lock, however I believe the door AutoLock isn’t what was being used and that it is the Schlage Lock Users & Actions where you can configure granular settings. Not sure when or why it reset, but I’ve made changes and will see if that fixes the issues that were occurring.

@Rboy are there any plans to update this DH with the new color scheme that ST has been rolling out? So instead of Green for locked use Blue instead and Orange for unlocked?

1 Like

Yes it’s on our todo list for all our device handlers.

Thanks @RBoy. I will give that a try. Just for clarification, does “exclude” mean “remove”? Like I remove the lock from ST and then set it back up again?

That’s correct, exclude = remove

I have a Schlage FE469 installed, using this DH and CoRE. I am not using RBoy’s user management App. I have a CoRE piston set up to provide notification anytime one of the programmed users enters, but I want to add one for when an invalid code is entered (preferably entered 3 times). I have tried to set the piston using the “invalidCode” attribute, but nothing works. I believe that it is an issue with the DH, as when I look at the “Recently” tab for the lock, it shows nothing when I put in an invalid code (but acknowledges when I use a correct one). As this is the entire reason I got a “lifetime pass,” I am really hoping that I am just missing something here.

Thanks

I have a Yale YRD120 Touchscreen T1L with Z Wave. I am using the DH and the Smart App.

When I had first installed everything several months ago, I had the same question about entering an invalid code and getting a notification. OOTB, the invalid code for the Yale Lock was 5 and I had no way of changing that. So, the only way I could get a Notification was if I entered an Invalid Code in succession 5x. This would send a notification through ST and also disable the keypad on the lock for 60 seconds.

Since that time, it appears that RBoy has update the DH so when I look at my Device in ST and goto Configuration, there is now a “Wrong code entry limit” which is defaulted to 3. So I just went and tested and sure enough, after 3 invalid attempts, I receive a message “Too many invalid user codes detected on lock Garage” and the keypad locks for 60 seconds. I attempted to change the “Wrong code entry limit” to 1 and 2 from my Device in ST and this had no effect on the number of invalid attempts. I still had to enter an invalid code 3 times. So not sure if there is something internal to the lock that has a minimum number threshold built in, or if the DH is not specifically updating the locks “invalidcode” number.

Additional Note - Not relevant to Invalid Codes - I see that the DH now handles “Code Entry on”, “Code Entry off” which allows me to disable the Keypad from the configured users from entering a code (Exception - Admin password still works) - I had to go in and manually disable this from the lock itself prior to the updated of the DH.

Anyway, I throw these comments out to you because I’m not sure if that has something to do specifically with the default configuration of your “Schlage” or if the DH handles/deals with Invalid Codes differently for Schlage versus Yale.

I’m sure RBoy will chime in with comments as to why.

1 Like

I have installed a Kwikset914 and your app and used it for a while. Currently using 5.5.1.

Problem: Received a battery dead today and replaced the battery (about an hour ago). I tested by locking and unlocking. Battery (quite a bit later) still indicates battery at 0%.

Other concern. The DH appears to be setting the device codes every 5 or less minutes. It seems this would integrate into a significant drain on the battery.

@RBoy Hello, having an issue. I have a kwikset and the code at the door works fine, what does not work is the disarm of SHM or Modes. I have it setup on the master code, do I need to setup the disarm on the individual users?

Your setup is correct. The issue is with the Schlage lock. It doesn’t send an invalid code notification for every invalid code entered. If you enter the an invalid code four times in succession it will send one invalid code notification. This cannot be changed as Schlage has hard coded it.
However Yale does allow for this parameter to be customized which can be done through the device handler settings.

That’s right you can configure the attempts but the thresholds vary from lock to lock.

Important point to note after you change the device settings in the settings page you need to hit the refresh button for the changes to take effect.

Feel free to PM me the logs from IDE Live Logging after you hit refresh. It will show what settings are being sent to the lock and what the lock is accepting / returning.

The battery can take up to 24 hours to update. Try clicking the refresh button.
As for the codes, use the clear codes procedure listed on the website. Looks like the ST DB may be corrupted and needs to be cleared out.

It isn’t advisable to use master codes.

The SHM disarming takes times it’s a slow process unfortunately ST takes its own sweet time. If it takes too long to complete ST can timeout the app. Best way to check if the issue is with ST or an app configuration is to either see the push message sent to the user or open IDE Live Logging and see what messages show up from the SmartApp.

For Master codes and for all users by default (unless a user specific custom action is defined) unlock and lock actions are configured in the first page under door lock/unlock actions.

Sorry, not a master code, but the main section. I had it set to disarm SHM on the main setup, but does not do anything and I was asking if it made a difference if I did it on the user instead of the main.

Was about to post something how my schlage is no longer disarming shm when schlage is unlocked via code. Have it set to disarm via routine and disarm feature in your app… So it sounds like Smartthings cant register the command from your app fast enough?

Yes ST runs slow for some users, it’s very platform/account dependent. In our labs it works fine. A better way would be to have the Routine disarm SHM and then run the routine through the app

You mean run a routine triggered by your app that disarms SHM? I have that setup, as well as the disarm option in your app. Maybe I should disable the disarm option in your app and see if the app triggers the routine?

UPDATE: Reinstalled everything. Working OK (probably for the first time). Thanks for your reply earlier.

Code fix worked and fixed db. thanks.

Battery life is apparently not working. Still at 0% and using refresh does not update the status.

Dave

Further update. I looked at lock DEVICE logs for last 5 days. Aside from the (now corrected) setCode and lock/unlock commands, I see no other commands polling for anything. Therefore, battery is not being updated.

1 Like

Got this to work, it only works for me if I configure what I want done under the individual user.

1 Like

New ST user here, and working on expanding my z-wave network. One of the devices I’ve been researching are the various Kwikset, Schlage, and Yale deadbolts. Has anyone had experience with the YRD246 or YRD446 locks? I’ve seen the YRD240 lock mentioned a few times throughout this thread and others, but not the newer z-wave plus versions.

So although not officially supported by ST yet, does anyone here have one and can comment on their compatibility with ST in general as well as with this smart app? Thanks in advance.