[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Installed a new FE599 today. I am seeing the following in log “Unrecognized device. Contact developer with MSR null”

I have 3 schlage connects and switched them all to this dth. 2 are showing advanced tiles but one still only shows lock/unlock tiles. I see contact developer is Unknown lock. MSR null in my logs. Anything I can try to get it detected?

Could be degradation of the z-wave network or just platform issues. The one thing you can do is just reboot the hub and do a Z-Wave repair. Fixes most issues.

You third lock/lock didn’t register properly with the hub which is why it’s showing MSR null. Without the MSR the device handler doesn’t know how to use advanced features hence it defaults to basic lock/unlock only.

Just exclude the lock and pair it again, then hit the refresh tile a few times until the lock responds with the MSR code.

Actually I am having the same issue with my Schlage locks with how they are being paired.

here is how 2 of them are reporting (incorrectly) :
Data No data found for device
Raw Description zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:43.37 zwv:2.64 lib:06 cc:85,73,72,98 sec:62,63,80,71,70,86,20

here is how the 3rd one is reporting (correctly):
Data MSR: 003B-634B-504C

Raw Description zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:003B prod:634B model:504C ver:43.37 zwv:2.64 lib:06 cc:85,73,72,98 sec:62,63,80,71,70,86,20

I contacted Schlage and they sent me a new lock free of charge but the new lock is reporting the same as the first 2. I have tried to exclude and remove the locks from the system and repaired and they still come up the same. Is this a problem with the lock or the device handler. I will try and contact Schlage again tomorrow and see if they can give me a straight answer .

That’s the issue. You my also want to reach out to ST support and see if they can figure out why the lock isn’t reporting the mfr, prod and model. It would be a pairing quirk. Try to Exclude the device, reboot the hub and then pair it. Maybe flushing the hub cache may help (i.e. rebooting).

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock and DanaLock Device Handler - Version 03.03.00

• Added support for reporting Master Codes usage (e.g. Yale, IDLock)
  • Added support for newer Yale locks

##schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 01.02.01

• < no change >

Please refer to the previous post for details on new features in release 03.02.00:
[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung - #554 by RBoy

Thanks. I excluded it and re-paired it a couple of times and it kept reporting MSR null. I finally decided to take it off the door and bring it closer to the hub and it was finally able to pair and report the correct information. Not sure if it was the proximity or just luck that got it to finally work but there is a datapoint for other people having issues at least.

1 Like

Hi Rboy, i am using z-wave lock device handler version 3.03 on 2 of my schlage connect locks. one lock shows all tiles, and beeps when i open close the door. The other only has 2 tiles, lock and unlock and does not beep. I tried reverting back to the original device handler and then going back to your device handler. I did a battery pull, and then a z-wave fix, but that didn’t work. Any ideas?

Goto the IDE -> My devices and click on your other lock, see if the MSR has
populated. Some folks are facing an issue with the recent hub firmware
update. If there’s no MSR, you will need to pair your lock again (bring it
close the the hub) and then click on refresh a couple of times. As soon as
the lock reports the MSR all the functionality will show up.

Also do report back if the MSR is blank or 0000 so we can report it to ST
support to investigate it.

MSR is populated under data for the lock that is functioning properly. the data field is blank for the lock that isn’t. will try to pair the lock again. When pairing, where do I need to click refresh? do i need to pair it like I did from scratch when adding a new device?

Yes but bring the lock closer to the hub before clicking refresh.

@RBoy - I installed a second Yale touchscreen lock in the garage door this weekend and added it to the SmartApp that you created. Now I get a notification every five minutes that it is attempting to adding the User 1 number to the lock, but it never seems to work. What would you recommend? It seems like an endless loop to me.

Did the follow the instructions on the website to clear all codes before
programming new ones?

Well - I didn’t want to program new ones, I only wanted to add the second lock without changing any codes. But I did what you recommended, and how ST is notifying me every minute that it has successfully deleted and added users. I deleted all of the codes in the app and waited for a few minutes before adding some back in.

The second lock does not work even though ST tells me it was successfully added (when I say this I mean the code generation does not work. The ST integration works fine where I can lock and unlock the door through the app), and the first lock still works.

Thoughts?

Thanks, reset the lock, removed it from the zwave network, then added it back and now I am seeing all the tiles.

1 Like

Click refresh and if it doesn’t populate then you will need to bring the lock closer and then pair it again. Also do you see the mfr, prod and model as 0000 in the raw description? If so that’s likely an issue after a recent hub update that we’re seeing. You would want to report it here to @nastevens

That’s an issue with the pairing or the distance of the lock from the hub. Try to exclude and repair the lock closer to your hub. Then run the clear codes procedure once (as it’s a new pairing). If that solves the issue then your z-wave mesh is weak. Try to run reboot the hub, run a Z-Wave repair and possibly add an active device between the hub and lock.

Thanks @RBoy.

I apologize for my lack of expertise, as I am not as well verse as some in this forum.

• Can pairing be an issue even though I am able to use the lock through ST? Lock/Unlock works fine. The codes do not, or they are in the circular loop. The codes have been deleted and added dozens of times this morning already.

• I don’t think distance is an issue. The hub is less than 6 feet away. I have a Wemo in-wall switch less than one foot from the lock and the door has an Aero open close sensor that is a repeater, which is less than 4 feet away.

• The clear codes procedure is pretty painful. I have at least a dozen codes since we have 24 hour nursing care for my son and it is painful to remove all of them. Each time I click in the field it has to do some validation requiring me to click twice. Sometimes my changes don’t stick thereby causing an error when trying to save. Then I have to add each one back individually. I have done this twice and it goes into the circular loop I state above.

Is my solution to remove both locks from my network, reset them, reset a master code, repair them with the network and then add them to the app? I sure hope not, as starting over like that is a lot of work!

It’s supposed to be a very simpleprocess. Looks like your setup is good if it’s that close.

Yes you can have pairing issues even if some functions work.

Do these steps and it should resolve any issues

1. Reboot the hub
  2. Do a z-wave repair
  3. Exclude and re pair the lock
  4. Open the SmartApp - set your number of users click next and then click done (keep all names and codes empty). Give it 10 minutes

From now on you should never have to clear anything or do anything. This is a fully clean setup.

Now just enter the codes in the SmartApp or change as required.

Also you can enable the option to disable verification on the first page of the SmartApp and you can skip all the above steps as a short cut.

The verification is a security measure that we have implemented. However is requires a very stable network and clean database to work effectively. It’s not mandatory and you can disable it if you’d like.