[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Device Handler for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

thanks for the clarificaion, @RBoy :slight_smile:

Hi RBoy, I’m having trouble getting my BE469 to act like a motion sensor with your DTH. I tried a smart app like “Smart Lighting” and it sees my lock as a motion sensor, but even though the alert is beeping on the lock when there is vibration detected, there doesn’t seem to be any motion event detected by SmartThings. I made sure the “Motion Sensor” line was uncommented from the DTH code. There’s no motion-like event logged in the Device Event History (not sure if there should be.). Am I missing something? The first time I changed my lock Device Type to your DTH, the line was still commented. I have since removed your DTH from my lock’s Device Type, deleted your DTH, recreated/published your DTH with the uncommented code, and changed the Device Type of my lock back to your DTH. But still not getting my vibration alerts to get detected as motion. (It may be unrelated, but even though I’ve set the Sound to OFF on the Device, i still get audible beeping on the lock when the alert goes off.) - Thanks for any help you can offer.

Is there any chance you could make the option to only lock in certain modes to have an option to only auto-lock if a certain [virtual] switch is on. I find that modes get changed by so many other policies in my automation but a dedicated switch to turn auto-lock on/off for all locks is perfect.

Hey guys,

I’ve been using Rboy’s DH for several months now and it’s great! I replaced the batteries in my Schlage lock last week and now, when I unlock with code or with app, it jams a lot! I have to reenter the code so it kind of finishes turning and unlock. Never had any issues before… everythings well positionned…

Tried to remove and put back batteries, didnt work. Any ideas how to fix? Is there a way to recalibrate?

Thanks

Update… After researching more, it looks like I have to have the lock alarm in “Tamper” mode in order for the motion event to trigger from the alarm. I haven’t tried “Forced Entry” mode to see if it also triggers a motion event. However, it looks like “Activity” mode doesn’t do anything. That’s unfortunate since “Activity” mode would allow detection of open/close activity (and maybe knocks.) It would be wonderful if this could be added to the DTH. As far as my observation about setting the Audio to OFF… It looks like that controls the keypad beeps, not the audible alarm beeping.

When in alert mode the lock doesn’t send any notifications to the hub. It’s only local alerts. It only sends the notifications when in tamper and forced mode. Lock limitation.

I have this app and love it. Well supported and has been pretty much flawless. I have two schlage locks, and was thinking about getting one more device.

two questions, will this support more than two devices, and will it work if I have two different brands of devices. If yes, how will that work.

1 Like

Yes, once installed it work with as many devices as they are installed and it will work across all supported devices, enabling features as relevant to each individual lock.

@RBoy these errors just popped up, have no idea why, using with Schlage BE469, any pointers you may offer would be greatly appreciated.

e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:27:02: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport
Possible solutions: CMD @ line 1300
e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:26:58: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport
e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:26:52: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport
e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:26:47: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport
e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:26:42: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport
e5954c9a-8324-4b7a-9274-3c1b2a6876e5 10:26:37: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport

There’s a known issue with ST that popped up today…

1 Like

As I mentioned, ST introduced the problem yesterday. They had deployed a deprecated zwave library. The hot fix is expected to be deployed in a few hours. However, if you are impatient like me, you can comment the following line in your DTH. (It was line 1300)

From this:

log.debug “ConfigurationReport $cmd”

To this:

//log.debug “ConfigurationReport $cmd”

The only side effect is that the DTH won’t attempt to record the config report in the log.

1 Like

Rboy, I just wanted to add a comment to say that this also works well on the new Yale Conexis L1 smart lock.
I can unlock and lock the door and enable/disable the sounds.

2 Likes

new to smarthings. i just installed the dps sensor for my yale lock. how do you enable this option? don’t know where the device preferences/settings page is. as you can tell i’m very green at this. a play by play to navigate and do this would be much appreciated.

@RBoy or anybody who knows this:

unlockwithtimeout(‘what goes here?’)
unlockwtimeout(parameterType?)

Does the unlockwithtimeout command take a string or number?
Does it take values in seconds or minutes ?

I’m going with number but I’m not sure if it’s seconds or minutes?
need this info for CORE input

EDIT: It doesn’t take any parameters, it uses default timeout configured in the lock. I don’t think all locks support that feature. I know Yale does.

Yale Keyless Lock & Battery Level Reporting…

There seems to be a bug where the battery level is always reported as 10% (on the standard ZWave lock handler). I’ve done a bit of investigating and I can’t see anywhere where the Yale lock actually reports it’s battery level, so I think the 10% figure is just the default value due to no level being reported.

Does this device handler fix this bug? Is there a specific command that can be sent to get the lock to return its battery level?

I can see there are other events such as “Batteries replaced” “Battery Low” “Battery Critical”. I know the batteries replaced events fires, but does anyone know if the battery low/critical events fire for the Yale lock?

I also see the battery level being reported as 10% using this handler for
my Yale living with z wave. But my other Yale lock different model Yale
key free reports 90% I think it originally reported 100%
Jon

I’ve done some debugging and it appears the Yale Keyless is sending “00 80 03 0A” 0A is 10 in Hex. So the lock is sending its battery level as 10.

I’ve made a temporary fix but if anyone can answer some of the more in-depth technical questions I have please have a look on the thread started (I didn’t want to spam this thread with a bug with a Yale lock)

Hello Roy,

I apologies for keeping changing forums, I hope that I’m finally in the right one.

as discussed, I’m getting the name:codeunlock, descriptionText:Unlock using code, value:unknown] event every time there is a poll from the lock.

this is most probably because my lock doesn’t support “codeunlock”

My Lock is: Yale Key free Connected MSR 0129-0006-0000 (http://www.cd-jackson.com/zwave_device_uploads/292/yale-smart-living-keyfree-connected-user-manual.pdf)

You have mentioned something about the operation mode. how do I set this up?

Thanks in advance

Hi Roy,

I have commented the attribute “codeunlock”, “string” for now and see if this will stop the poll for generating the event