[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Hi - As its a discovery based device handler that doesn’t explain why it is
there originally but disappears

This is the screen shot that was there for my lock (Same model) as you can
see the icon is there so that indicates that it is supported (correct?).
However when it was pressed a blue circle appeared around it and then it
disappeared.

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype “eskdale”

That’s likely because the lock responded with a valid code when queried
about capabilities so it showed up. However when your clicked it and tried
to send the keypad disable command to the lock, then the lock responded
with a not supported and hence it disappears. It’s probably a firmware
glitch in the lock. It should not have reported that it supports it to
begin with. Did you check the manual if your lock supports vacation mode?

@RBoy Two small issues hoping you can shed some light on:

1. Since latest hub update, trying to lock/unlock my BE469 Schlage from “favourites” in the app dashboard gets hung up and nothing happens, however if I go to My Home/Things, everything stays updated there and control works properly.

2. I have two of these locks, one seems to be louder than the other, read somewhere that they have different power levels if action is not smooth, which may not have been for a short while until I recently corrected it. Question: is there an easy way to see what the lock’s power setting is currently in your app perhaps?

1. No idea, sounds like a mobile app bug - I would suggest report it to ST support. It could be just a ST dashboard outage issue, they’ve been having it all week on an off. The dashboard and things pages use different servers AFAIK. Maybe @JDRoberts and throw some light on this.
  2. Are you’re referring to the PowerLevel command class? Schalge locks don’t support this. How did you “correct” it? What I have seen here is that alignment of the deadbolts makes a HUGE difference on the noise levels of the locks. If the deadbolt is even SLIGHTLY touching anything, the lock operates louder, reduces battery life and something causes issues with jammed reports etc.
1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, the “favourites” menu is now intermittently better, I’ll wait it out for now.

I thought I’d read somewhere, perhaps it was about a different lock, that these locks would adjust their power levels depending on ease of bolt operation. It worked smoothly when I installled it, then something happened and there was a bit of rubbing, I just finished repositioning the strike and there’s definitely no rubbing now. Based on you saying the Schlage locks don’t have these power options I’ll assume I’m just being paranoid and think it’s trying harder than it is because of what others had said.

On another note, I have some XIAOMI door sensors otw, do you support an option to only allow the door to lock via app or command if the door sensor confirms the door is closed?

You can’t stop the door from locking/unlocking through the device handler. If you’re using the multi user management smartapp it has a feature under door open/close options to automatically unlock the door if it’s locked while the door is opened. Note this is a delayed command and can take up to a few seconds to unlock after it’s accidentally locked due to lock limitations (some lock like Schlage have a minimum 10 second cooling off gap between lock and unlock commands).

I am trying to use your app to control a Baldwin Z-wave lock. I have the device handler installed. However, no luck with built-in or your app. Lock is recognized and is listed, but I get an error that it failed to complete the network security key exchange. I’ve removed and re-added lock, but error remains. Any suggestions? I had this lock working with a different hub, but I just switched to ST and want to get it working here.

Start by excluding the lock or doing a reset on it. Then bring it within 2
ft of the hub and try to pair. What hub firmware are you on?

hey - love the apps and device handlers so far. Quick question, I’m using the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock handler with my Schlage BE469 . It has some nice functionality but seems to show less information (like the battery is showing as “null”). It also looks like the app keeps sending the front door lock user codes over and over again, even though they seem to already work. I’m assuming I have it configured correctly - maybe I need to do a reset on the lock again?

These are two separate things:

1. The battery is showing null because your lock hasn’t sent a battery update, as soon as it sends it it will show up and this can sometimes take upto a day initially (don’t know why, you can try to hit refresh and see if the lock will respond to a request for a battery update)
  2. The door lock codes loop is from the User Management SmartApp. This basically indicates that either you lock is too far from a repeater (it’s losing acknowledgements in the mesh) or the database is corrupted. Run the Clear Codes procedure listed on the website and make sure that your lock is no further than 15ft from the nearest z-wave repeater and this problem will disappear.
1 Like

Hi @RBoy,

Would it be possible with this, or one of your other apps, to use Schlage lock as a siren? To clarify, I don’t mean triggering the siren when someone try to force unlock the door, as this is already available. I’m interested in triggering the siren when, for example, the basement window get open at night while the security system is armed.

Schlage doesn’t allow any way to externally trigger the alarm. This can
only be used to detect if an alarm was triggered on the door and not the
other way around.

Is there any way to activate the pathway mode on the yale lock through web-core?

Or could you add an option into the code for zwave button control? i.e. if button 1 is pressed then unlock, if it is held then activate pathway mode.

Every hour, I get an auto lock and audio mode notification in my recent items. Any idea why, is this normal? I have the most current device handler installed.

Yes that’s the ST platform polling your lock

Is there a way to toggle “code entry” on/off via schedule or mode? I can only toggle it via lock tiles but was thinking it could be helpful to be able to schedule it. (However, I can see how that could be dangerous as you could get locked out fairly easily that way)

Just curious if I am missing something, I am using the DH provided with your smartapps I have the schlage lock. Is there a way to use it’s alarm using a separate devices to trigger the cool light and alarm noise on the lock?
Thanks

Yes you can use the enableKeypad and disableKeypad commands from CoRE.

Schlage doesn’t allow external triggering of the alarm in the BE469

Does your app support the new August Smart Lock?

1 Like