[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Rboy,
I installed the “Schlage Z-Wave Lock With Alarms” device type and the Sensitivity tile text displays “…”. Nothing happens when I press on that tile. Everything else is working great. I have the Scalage BE469. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Guillermo

… Means it’s waiting for a response from the lock to verify that the command was processed by lock. It hasn’t gotten a response. Try checking the distance to your hub or just try again, could be a slow z wave network communication error or timeout.

Mine took awhile to update my garage lock which is furthest from my hub.

My other 2 locks updated shortly after actual use…not sure if thats related or not.

Thanks. I managed to fix it by setting the sensitivity manually on the lock.

To clarify for me…

The device type will send notifications to my cell phone for tamper alerts?..including mis-keying of codes after the 3rd attempt (I think it is)?

I asked this before I think, but I can’t recall what the answer was. This was the function I wanted the most.

Devices cannot send SMS only apps can as per ST architecture. This device will expose the capability to send SmartThings platform a Motion Detection notification for tamper alerts. So you can use any app that subscribes to motion detection events to process the Tamper alerts. Use the following app to send you alerts:

RBoy, this is probably a dumb question - but would this work with Yale locks? And if not, do you have any plans to update your software to work with them. I contributed on your other page and love your apps so far!

:smile: Well the basic lock will work with Yale but obviously the advanced features wont since they are tried to the device id for specific schlage models. Are there any specific features of yale locks you want to use? You can PM.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and hope you continue to enjoy it!

Can the alarm type be set by any routines or SHM alarm modes?

yeah I guess you can write a simple app to change the alarm type based on the modes but the question is why do you want to change the alarm type based on mode?

for instance, if you want it to be off when you’re in the Armed/stay mode and on when in armed/away mode

Hmm sure makes sense, I’ll see if I can whip up an app for it.

Just running across this thread and haven’t read through all the posts, so my appologies if this may have already been asked.
The ONE major complaint I have of this lock and wish that I could change is the autolock time value. 90% of the time when it locks before I get back in, I only needed maybe another 5 seconds. Kinda irritating.

Does this app allow for the modification of the autolock time value?

Schlage locks don’t allow the value to be changed

Arghh…bummer. Thanks for confirming though.

Okay, published a SmartApp published called Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor that provides the ability to dynamically change the Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity based on Modes and Routines. It also acts a Lock Alarm notification and action center to notify, turn on external Alarms and turn on/off (timer based) switches/lights when a Lock Alarm is detected. This is will ONLY work with Schlage locks that support Lock Alarms (e.g. BE469)
Make SURE you also update the SmartDevice to the latest version 2.2.0 or newer for this feature to work.

Enjoy!!

1 Like

Natively (meaning without the combination of a door sensor and smart app / smartthings) this cannot be changed.

If you pair the lock with Smartthings and add a door sensor it is possible to change this.

EDIT: I should have said “circumvent the native feature by replacing it with a smartapp solution”

It’s not a reliable solution since between Z-Wave network and the ST platform you cannot guarantee a response running in seconds.

You just need to run out to the mail box and back a little faster.